First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as a follow up here I cancelled my ADV top on 3/1 had the money in my account the next business day. Ordered the Anderson Composite top on 2/29 from a dealer, was told ~30 weeks (late Sept/Oct) - like someone else here, I just got the call yesterday (6 weeks later) that I am in production and the top will be shipping in 2 weeks.
It's the Scotty maneuver. Tell them it will take longer to fix something, and when you do it under the time given, you look like a miracle worker!!

Actually, it makes for better business. Because if a customer still wants the product, even with a long delivery date, then you know they want the product. Producing it sooner will make the customer happy. Same with a restaurant. If your told long wait times and you sit a lot sooner you're happy.

Good luck with the top. Anderson makes a nice top, close to OEM. What will also be interesting if Ford makes those new Black Edition tops available to all models.
Sponsored

GEN6BRONCO21

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After cancelling my ADV I am NOT ordering another hard top unless it is in stock to ship immediately. I'm honestly kinda used to the soft top now, not sure a HT is really worth $5K.
Exactly. I now prefer the soft top. Even up here in NY. No complaints.
I would take a free hardtop, but not spending any $$

Sponsored

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's the Scotty maneuver. Tell them it will take longer to fix something, and when you do it under the time given, you look like a miracle worker!!

Actually, it makes for better business. Because if a customer still wants the product, even with a long delivery date, then you know they want the product. Producing it sooner will make the customer happy. Same with a restaurant. If your told long wait times and you sit a lot sooner you're happy.

Good luck with the top. Anderson makes a nice top, close to OEM. What will also be interesting if Ford makes those new Black Edition tops available to all models.
I would cancel right now and order that black edition top even if they said I wouldn’t get it till Christmas 😂

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well John with ADV was on the site yesterday at 7:22PM (central time).
I don't have a dog in this fight (thankfully), but I keep an eye on this thread because I was considering all aftermarket hardtops when this was announced.

That account has been active numerous times over the past few weeks. There is zero chance that they aren't reading what is posted in this thread.

If they aren't commenting, it's not good news. (To be fair, when they are commenting it hasn't been good news either!)

As many others have said, at this point it looks like this really can only end one way. My suggestion would be to get a refund and get out while you can.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% deposit down to reserve a product that hasn’t even been produced was the first warning sign. There are numerous others. I’m not sure exactly what a company needs to do to lose some peoples business? Are you so desperate to hold out and see this through so you can come back with an “I told you so”? There are 2-4 other companies producing and delivering tops right now with fairly good customer service. Why anyone would risk losing $6-7k at this point is just….. there’s not an adjective strong evough.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

quick google search shows both places are 17 minutes apart... APG uses ADV parts.. so would not be a big surprise that they work together and sometimes share spaces.

Which is disappointing I really liked the green screen theory 😟

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% deposit down to reserve a product that hasn’t even been produced was the first warning sign. There are numerous others. I’m not sure exactly what a company needs to do to lose some peoples business? Are you so desperate to hold out and see this through so you can come back with an “I told you so”? There are 2-4 other companies producing and delivering tops right now with fairly good customer service. Why anyone would risk losing $6-7k at this point is just….. there’s not an adjective strong evough.
I tried to tell people the same thing. Only thing I can say is some people are so smart they're dumb. I wonder how many would have paid 100% up front to Ford for their Bronco before production began.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe folks are sticking with their orders because they look forward to doing the final assembly at home that should have been done at the "factory" (if one actually exists!) especially since the price and waiting period would indicate no heavy lifting once the tops are shipped to the customers. :)

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of the issue, initially, was the frog-in-hot-water syndrome. I paid up front for a product they said would be delivered in a few weeks. Then the "short" delays started happening.

But now with multiple legit options including Ford itself, it will be interesting to see how this saga ends.

At least I got enough Chase points out of it to cancel out the lost savings interest, so in the end it just cost me aggravation. And I get my AC top on Monday.

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least I got enough Chase points out of it to cancel out the lost savings interest, so in the end it just cost me aggravation.
Did they give you a refund to your card, or via check? If they refunded your card, the points disappear too. If you got a check/wire.... awesome! Free $100 or so!

You still would have come out ahead on interest, but at least it does soften the blow a bit.

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they give you a refund to your card, or via check? If they refunded your card, the points disappear too. If you got a check/wire.... awesome! Free $100 or so!

You still would have come out ahead on interest, but at least it does soften the blow a bit.
Nope it was cash. A modest silver lining.
Sponsored