Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe some customers are wanting the two piece (left/right) front similar to the OEM? I've got an OEM 2-door hardtop, and unexpectedly the two piece front has proved useful, I'm liking that feature. On the other hand, I'm not liking the small spider cracks that have appeared on a small area of the back segment. :(
Okay? Sounds like you want the Anderson then. It's literally an OEM replica.

With the Anderson you get all 4 pieces. The back cap, the middle bridge and then the 2 front freedom panels; driver and passenger.

Again, I'm not an Anderson rep, but with ADV seemingly vaporware I'm hoping to answer questions if I can.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree. Just checked out and the top would cost more than ADV and not sure about the ETA. So it could be an option, but the last in the line of my preferences: ADV -> Ford -> AC
fair enough, if it bothers you it bothers you. That's why I was asking. I am genuinely curious why people are still holding on. I know why I held on with AC, and now that I have it I'm happy, but I even 2 weeks ago I was not.

andyroberts007

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled my order with ADV yesterday after holding out for nearly 2 years of constant excuses. Got my money back in less than 24 hours. So that was good at least! The final straw for me was yesterday when I asked via email where the factory was that had the parts as of now. They said they couldn't disclose the location. That was enough - I figure they are stuck somewhere in China and may be months away still. Too bad because now I am back to square one. Does anyone have a recommendation for one or two of the resellers for the AC tops? I am in the Boston area.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I canceled my order with ADV yesterday after holding out for nearly 2 years of constant excuses. Got my money back in less than 24 hours. So that was good at least! The final straw for me was yesterday when I asked via email where the factory was that had the parts as of now. They said they couldn't disclose the location. That was enough - I figure they are stuck somewhere in China and may be months away still. Too bad because now I am back to square one. Does anyone have a recommendation for one or two of the resellers for the AC tops? I am in the Boston area.
go on the Anderson site and check your local dealer, understand that they may be performance based shops not off road shops so this will be a new thing for them. The place I went through was a performance shop that deals with things like Camaros and such. So this was way outside their wheelhouse, but they were intimitaley familiar with AC.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
fair enough, if it bothers you it bothers you. That's why I was asking. I am genuinely curious why people are still holding on. I know why I held on with AC, and now that I have it I'm happy, but I even 2 weeks ago I was not.
I haven't cancelled because its a race between TOR and ADV. which one tells me my top is ready to ship, gets the order and the other one doesn't. why cancel ADV when there is the exact same chance I have of winning Powerball as them telling me my top is shipping (at least there's a chance) ---lol

i can cancel at any time, why rush when there's a chance there's a chance, there's a chance there's a chance hahahahaha

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay? Sounds like you want the Anderson then. It's literally an OEM replica.

With the Anderson you get all 4 pieces. The back cap, the middle bridge and then the 2 front freedom panels; driver and passenger.

Again, I'm not an Anderson rep, but with ADV seemingly vaporware I'm hoping to answer questions if I can.
Yes that could be an option then, on the Anderson site I didn't notice they offer the left/right front, and didn't see a 2-door offering either. I'll have to browse their site again. For my part, I'll stick with my OEM top a few years and see how it survives. I like the OEM but feel Webasto messed up making the outer skin too thin and prone to cracking/damage.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes that could be an option then, on the Anderson site I didn't notice they offer the left/right front, and didn't see a 2-door offering either. I'll have to browse their site again. For my part, I'll stick with my OEM top a few years and see how it survives.
If that's what's stopping you from going Anderson over ADV, well...now you know :D

andyroberts007

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't cancelled because its a race between TOR and ADV. which one tells me my top is ready to ship, gets the order and the other one doesn't. why cancel ADV when there is the exact same chance I have of winning Powerball as them telling me my top is shipping (at least there's a chance) ---lol

i can cancel at any time, why rush when there's a chance there's a chance, there's a chance there's a chance hahahahaha
I became concerned that ADV would close doors and stop giving refunds.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that's what's stopping you from going Anderson over ADV, well...now you know :D
Anderson should consider updating their web site, the image of the top doesn't match the description so well (image isn't clear the front section is actually two halves). Also using their search fields for Bronco fiberglass products, I'm not finding a 2-door hardtop offering.

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! Anderson To

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I became concerned that ADV would close doors and stop giving refunds.
very true, they are advertising their tops all over the internet. I imagine they are getting new orders which replace the cancelled ones. I am taking a chance that they will either start shipping , or i will get my money back. Next Friday in another information email (8 more days ) i imagine they are out of videos so it should just be the status. couple more weeks hopefully and TOR will have their schedule updated to reflect the additional capacity.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for people holding out on the ADV...why?

I'm curious as to the reason. Genuinely curious. I ask because I was a hold out on the Anderson Composite hard top and it was because of the OEM appearance and the white color. I was originally interested in the ADV when they announced, but when it had the slant I was out. I was interested in the Armadillo and then when they went with their very exaggerated slant (fastback) I was out, their price is very high too. Turn offroad came to market and I had already placed the order for Anderson, but it didn't have the look I wanted and again not in white. So I was holding out for Anderson for specific reasons. So I'm genuinely curious why people are still waiting?
I wheel with one of the testers so I get to see the ADV one in person and see how it’s held up and I am impressed. I also like the look of the adv one the best out of all of the options , but the armadillo designs square back one is starting to grow on me too. The obvious struggle adv has had is getting a first batch of hard tops out to customers to restore faith.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anderson should consider updating their web site, the image of the top doesn't match the description so well (image isn't clear the front section is actually two halves). Also using their search fields for Bronco fiberglass products, I'm not finding a 2-door hardtop offering.

I don’t think they have a 2 door version yet

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered my AC top from @LethalPerformance, who is a supporting vendor of this site. They were awesome to deal with!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they are too busy making tops!

I did the same a bit ago. I ordered in February expecting the anderson top in Sept/Oct, got notified yesterday that it was shipping. I am in Northern NYC burbs, found an anderson dealer in Central NJ, he is drop shipping the top to a friend's warehouse that is closer to me, and because I have an out of state address, he didnt charge me tax. Also, hit my via paypal for an authorization, but did not collect the $ until a few days before shipping.
PM me if you want more info
Sponsored