First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2023 Bronco Base 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
First - I wanted to thank other users in this group (and YouTube) for all the great info they have posted for upgrading the stock Audio in the Bronco. I have a 2023 Base 2.7 and I love it... however, the audio :-(

I did this entire update for about $250 ..... that to me is pretty affordable and I was able to purchase items at my convenience. 4 new "budget" 2-way speakers for the front and rear 4" speakers. New 6.75' Kicker Subwoofer and the OEM amplifier that was deleted from the factory (ordered online) thanks to some info I found here on the forum. I also used the speaker connectors with the base blockers in the front.... not sure if that actually helped, but thats what i used. Everything was updated/activated with ForScan (not included in my "cost" for the audio update, since I already had the connector and ForScan is free).

The improvement to the audio is fantastic. I am not looking for super loud.... but the quality is MUCH improved!

FoMoCo FP5T-18C808-AB Audio High Performance Sound System Amplifier for Ford Fusion FP5T18C808AB - TEAMEQUIP

Ford Bronco "Affordable" audio upgrade with OEM setup and ForScan speakers

Ford Bronco "Affordable" audio upgrade with OEM setup and ForScan sub am
Sponsored

Last edited:

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This upgrade and low cost is right up my alley. However, I suck at being handy and doing things myself. Could I do this myself and do you have detailed instructions on how you did it all? Did the subwoofer and amp fit in the factory spot for it without any modifying?

OP
OP
jaydel29

jaydel29

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
the details were pulled from several other posts and a couple really good youtube videos. I didnt document the step by step, but several others have. It is VERY DIY (the ForScan part was the scariest, but was pretty easy). Check out Budget Bronco (Tim) on YouTube for the 4" speakers.... And check out Ragnar.Kon on YouTube for the subwoofer. there is also a really good info/post on this forum for the Ford OEM amp... i will try to find that post.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
the details were pulled from several other posts and a couple really good youtube videos. I didnt document the step by step, but several others have. It is VERY DIY (the ForScan part was the scariest, but was pretty easy). Check out Budget Bronco (Tim) on YouTube for the 4" speakers.... And check out Ragnar.Kon on YouTube for the subwoofer. there is also a really good info/post on this forum for the Ford OEM amp... i will try to find that post.
Guessing your Bronco had the factory sub/amp wiring pre-run during production? The excess non-factory wiring and the routing of such is what gives me pause in considering aftermarket audio upgrades. I put a bunch of audio in an old Explorer and the wiring was the bane of that system’s existence.

OP
OP
jaydel29

jaydel29

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guessing your Bronco had the factory sub/amp wiring pre-run during production? The excess non-factory wiring and the routing of such is what gives me pause in considering aftermarket audio upgrades. I put a bunch of audio in an old Explorer and the wiring was the bane of that system’s existence.
you are correct.... i had the audio "delete" from the factory. All the wiring was there, it was plug and play

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently installed the Kicker Subwoofer and Fusion amp. It's a fairly easy (and cheap) upgrade as the sub-delete sound is terrible. As the OP said, Forscan was the scariest part but following the instructions I successfully enabled the amp.

Kicker Key 200.4 DSP amp and plug-n-play harness go in next week along with Infinity 2 way dash/rear speakers. All in I'm at about $600.

Lot's of great info/instruction on this site. Thanks to all who contributed.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This upgrade and low cost is right up my alley. However, I suck at being handy and doing things myself. Could I do this myself and do you have detailed instructions on how you did it all? Did the subwoofer and amp fit in the factory spot for it without any modifying?
I have a playlist on YouTube that has my complete audio upgrade project:

PLAYLIST LINK

The videos are long, but that's by design so I can show all of the stupid little details that most videos commonly glaze over. I put chapter markers in all the videos with the intention of giving people to ability to bounce around to the parts they care about. There is around 3.5 hours worth of videos, and I certainly don't expect people to watch all 3.5 hours.

I have a 2022MY Bronco so won't match up entirely, as I don't have the sub delete wiring. But the trim panels and whatnot are all exactly the same, and as @jaydel29 mentioned there is a handful of really good threads on it. I attempted to collect all of that information and stick it in this thread with links to a bunch of other threads, but I'm sure there are even more really awesome threads out there I missed.

Last edited:

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First - I wanted to thank other users in this group (and YouTube) for all the great info they have posted for upgrading the stock Audio in the Bronco. I have a 2023 Base 2.7 and I love it... however, the audio :-(

I did this entire update for about $250 ..... that to me is pretty affordable and I was able to purchase items at my convenience. 4 new "budget" 2-way speakers for the front and rear 4" speakers. New 6.75' Kicker Subwoofer and the OEM amplifier that was deleted from the factory (ordered online) thanks to some info I found here on the forum. I also used the speaker connectors with the base blockers in the front.... not sure if that actually helped, but thats what i used. Everything was updated/activated with ForScan (not included in my "cost" for the audio update, since I already had the connector and ForScan is free).

The improvement to the audio is fantastic. I am not looking for super loud.... but the quality is MUCH improved!

FoMoCo FP5T-18C808-AB Audio High Performance Sound System Amplifier for Ford Fusion FP5T18C808AB - TEAMEQUIP

Is there any hardware you need to mount the amp?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently installed the Kicker Subwoofer and Fusion amp. It's a fairly easy (and cheap) upgrade as the sub-delete sound is terrible. As the OP said, Forscan was the scariest part but following the instructions I successfully enabled the amp.

Kicker Key 200.4 DSP amp and plug-n-play harness go in next week along with Infinity 2 way dash/rear speakers. All in I'm at about $600.

This is about what I want to do. Sub, amp, forscan then the kicker amp and swap the speakers with something above average. If I'm ripping apart panels I'm not popping in $50 speakers and wishing I had spent a little more.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Did the Amp and sub fit without mod?

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Running wire in the bronco is pretty easy. Trim pieces come up and there’s more space than I’ve seen in some other vehicles. I’ve been working on a different budget upgrade that I’ll write up soon. Summarized version of my audio journey:

1. swapped in KS 4” speakers. Nicer highs but still sounded muddy because of horrible factory EQ
2. performed forscan tweaks to remove head unit EQ. This removed a lot of the muddiness caused by the factory bump around 400hz, but also lost a lot a bass
3. installed an infinity dsp4425 and ran new wire to dash. Dsp/amp is only powering my fronts with independent crossover points, gain, EQ, timing. Huge improvement and much better bass by sending some juice to the factory kick panels
4. [todo] build a down firing enclosure and storage/sleeping platform for my comprt 12” and cx400.1 amp

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the Amp and sub fit without mod?
The amp is plug and play. The Kicker woofer requires drilling holes to screw it into the plastic enclosure. Other than clipping the speaker leads it's very easy. Forscan is the only "electronic" mod required.
Sponsored