Sponsored

Aftermarket exhaust for additional power or just sound?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, not what I expected! From the marketing materials I always believed all these aftermarket additions were worth a 10%, or more, gain in both power and mileage :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LethalPerformance it looks like you guys have installed most of the available options. Which one did you guys like the most? And which one was the best for the money?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance it looks like you guys have installed most of the available options. Which one did you guys like the most? And which one was the best for the money?
I know this sounds weird but they all sound great. My personal favorite right now is the AWE. I really think that having a full 3” system with the mid muffler location and dual tips stands out. It’s without a doubt the loudest of the three we tested. Zero drone from any of them as well. You can’t go wrong with any of them so just pick the one that has the tone you’re looking for and let it rip! Worst case scenario is that you find something you like more down the road and can easily sell your old system to try another one.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jared

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been a while since aftermarket exhaust did much power wise. Engineering and emission requirements have made anything after the cat pretty free flowing. Even back in the day, unless you were changing intake and upgrading the ignition and fuel delivery, it wasn’t a big change as a stand-alone performance upgrade. My 77 Camaro? Those cast iron manifolds and skinny single exhaust and cat made for a lot of lost power. Add a well jetted spreadbore carb/manifold and you could get 20% form the exhaust (headers and dual mufflers, cat delete, loose the air pump (if you had one) and tuned HEI ignition module- 170 to just north of 200?) of course 11-1 pistons, lumpy cam and headers got me a bit over 300hp. Same as my Bronco, with half the mileage 😳
Sponsored