Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You put a lot of thought and extra goodness into your's. Black Horse's are essentially two chunks of angle iron with a single through bolt, no internal stiffener and no captive nut, but better than nothing.
That might be all that's really needed, but if I was going to attach my name to them I was going to go overkill.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did you modify the plate relocations bracket I just got this bumper
I cut the tabs with the 1/2" holes free from the stiffening ribs on the back of the bracket and bent them at about a 45. Then drilled two 5/16 holes low in the shackle mount trim to fit those and bolted it on with washers . Painted after each step. Ford light and wiring worked perfectly. Sticks out from the bumper about 2" because of the shackle mount
If you commit 100 percent I suppose you could cut that off, otherwise the RC bracket could be rebuilt to mount on the tire.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20240131_144620
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20240131_144632

PS I put the plastic shipping cover on the shackle mount to keep the plate from rattling on it

Last edited:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm considering the LOD Destroyer, since it adds a tire carrier but still just opens with the OEM handle. Since the tire can go up or down based on their mount, I was just going to drill some holes and put the plate in the center like a normal truck.

Where I live the plate's completely hidden with snow half the year anyway, what's partial occlusion for another half the year..

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 1706738523079

Def not in your stated budget range, but also has a tire carrier, jerry can and a bunch of other options..

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cut the tabs with the 1/2" holes free from the stiffening ribs on the back of the bracket and bent them at about a 45. Then drilled two 5/16 holes low in the shackle mount trim to fit those and bolted it on with washers . Painted after each step. Ford light and wiring worked perfectly. Sticks out from the bumper about 2" because of the shackle mount
If you commit 100 percent I suppose you could cut that off, otherwise the RC bracket could be rebuilt to mount on the tire.

PS I put the plastic shipping cover on the shackle mount to keep the plate from rattling on it
Thank you so much makes sense now.

Sponsored

socaldux

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made the decision to use the trailer hitch and install a lit frame. I figured that I would hardly ever be towing on the trailer, but added a quick coupler just in case. Also removed the brake light and went with the tube light to try and keep everything as clean as possible. It is an ARB Bumper that was modified on the ends to better fit the body.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers IMG_2843.JPG
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers IMG_2844.JPG
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers IMG_2845.JPG

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell you how many times my flares have taken hits or have been removed for potential contact, I'd hate for my bumper to take them!
Tha'ts a very good point - my rear flares are beat to crap from rock walls that I've gotten too close to... a wide bumper might have been ripped off by those walls!

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed the warn elite rear bumper on a non-sas bronco and have pics? I love the bumper and the price, but I'm concerned that the bumper ends might extend farther than the non-sas flares which are narrower.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crawltek front and rear were about $2,000 for the pair if I remember correctly and included a front skid.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just put on the Warn Elite as well. It is being discontinued and you can find some deals. Better clearance, nice black powder coating and holds the license plate. Looks great!
@Ninjak and @Lak34ers I see the Warn Elite rear bumper only shows figment for 2021 Broncos. I spoke to a rep at Warn yesterday who wasn’t very helpful when I asked why it doesn’t fit 21-24 models. He said he thought it had to do with the license plate light connection. Can you provide any insight into installation issues and whether you’re both driving a 2021 or later?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ninjak and @Lak34ers I see the Warn Elite rear bumper only shows figment for 2021 Broncos. I spoke to a rep at Warn yesterday who wasn’t very helpful when I asked why it doesn’t fit 21-24 models. He said he thought it had to do with the license plate light connection. Can you provide any insight into installation issues and whether you’re both driving a 2021 or later?
I am not sure what the rep you spoke with is talking about. From 21 to 24, nothing I can see, or maybe I am not paying attention, has changed. My plate is in the same location, it had 4 holes to install the plate, via the plastic inserts then screw your screws in, and it has a light that you connect to the harness that lights the plate up.

I drive a 21 btw, but everything is still the same. I have the plate light attached to my light harness, and the light comes on when my lights come on.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only issue I had was fitting the existing cutout around the trailer plug in. So if you have a tow package installed I could not get it to fit perfect so just some quick cutting of about an inch and black satin touch up paint on cut edge and good as new. Pretty easy. Love the bumper. I will see if I can find a pick of my cut.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 1712153926621-n2

About the best image I could find of the light for the plate. Also my trailer hitch setup with the bumper.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only issue I had was fitting the existing cutout around the trailer plug in. So if you have a tow package installed I could not get it to fit perfect so just some quick cutting of about an inch and black satin touch up paint on cut edge and good as new. Pretty easy. Love the bumper. I will see if I can find a pick of my cut.
Works perfect for 21 just if you have tow package might need to do a little trim but can't see it and it fits perfectly. I used a little hand saw with metal blade took 10 mins. The pick shows how the tow harness won't go behind bolt because bumper just need to be trimmed a bit on bottom. I will find more pics.

20231228_110251.jpg
Sponsored