Sponsored

Air down? $100 well spent, imho (Staun Automatic Tire Deflators)

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got these little Dooley Whackers on Amazon. They came calibrated to 16.5psi on the nose. Simple no hassle fast air down for the trail. There are cheaper ones, but I’m happy I bought in at this price affirming the great reviews. Just be sure to make sure the jam nut is tight so you don’t inadvertently change the pressure target. 16.5 seems okay to me for playing on the rocky trails with my Badlands Mansquatch 2 door in Virginia. (Headed to the Big Dogs event at the Cove tomorrow.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QBPBLWY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went the cheaper, @$30 route.
They do ok, get it within a pound/pound and a half of each.
I had a hard time justifying the Stauns, but looking back it might have been an additional $70 well spent.

you made the right choice.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got these little Dooley Whackers on Amazon. They came calibrated to 16.5psi on the nose. Simple no hassle fast air down for the trail. There are cheaper ones, but I’m happy I bought in at this price affirming the great reviews. Just be sure to make sure the jam nut is tight so you don’t inadvertently change the pressure target. 16.5 seems okay to me for playing on the rocky trails with my Badlands Mansquatch 2 door in Virginia. (Headed to the Big Dogs event at the Cove tomorrow.)

That's all i use now. Nothing worse than having to stay kneeling in front of your tire to watch it deflate. For all 4 tires, it use to take me 10 mins to go to 18 psi and now its 2.5mins

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same and like them. I feel like i should use a wrench to make sure the jam nut is tight, but so far so good
Don't get me wrong, I feel it is $30-40 or whatever they cost well spent...but the OCD in me has to battle with the "Is 13.5 on one tire and 15 on the other ok?"
I mean, it really is for what most people are gonna put them through. The scry part is making sure we don't take it too far and lose the bead (thanks, dash-displayed psi widget).

It just eats at my OCD to not have all 4 at the exact same.

Mine do what they are supposed to, I am happy with them so far, but I do second-guess myself and wonder if the extra $ would have netted me Stauns that might last longer, be more accurate for a longer period...
Who really knows, right?
I'll keep on using my knockoffs and be fine until they stop working as they should, then spring for the Stauns or a 4-tire deflator system.

And back to your point about the jam nut. I agree. I spent several rounds of calibrating mine here at the house using three different gauges, locking the rings down. Had them all dead-nuts on 15.
First time out using them I noticed the 1-1.5psi difference, been the same now for at least the last 6 trips deflating and reinflating. So no trend downwards, but no trend upwards either.
I find myself second guessing whether I REALLY locked that thing down good enough or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get me wrong, I feel it is $30-40 or whatever they cost well spent...but the OCD in me has to battle with the "Is 13.5 on one tire and 15 on the other ok?"
I mean, it really is for what most people are gonna put them through. The scry part is making sure we don't take it too far and lose the bead (thanks, dash-displayed psi widget).

It just eats at my OCD to not have all 4 at the exact same.

Mine do what they are supposed to, I am happy with them so far, but I do second-guess myself and wonder if the extra $ would have netted me Stauns that might last longer, be more accurate for a longer period...
Who really knows, right?
I'll keep on using my knockoffs and be fine until they stop working as they should, then spring for the Stauns or a 4-tire deflator system.

And back to your point about the jam nut. I agree. I spent several rounds of calibrating mine here at the house using three different gauges, locking the rings down. Had them all dead-nuts on 15.
First time out using them I noticed the 1-1.5psi difference, been the same now for at least the last 6 trips deflating and reinflating. So no trend downwards, but no trend upwards either.
I find myself second guessing whether I REALLY locked that thing down good enough or not.
Yes. The OCD force is strong!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Air temperature is what can cause differences. Especially if you keep the deflation tools in a climate-controlled space and take them out to air down. That can change the device's tolerances and result in pressure variations. You might take them out and let them acclimatize a bit before using them and see if their accuracy improves?

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Air temperature is what can cause differences. Especially if you keep the deflation tools in a climate-controlled space and take them out to air down. That can change the device's tolerances in and result in pressure variations. You might take them out and let them acclimatize a bit before using them and see if their accuracy improves?
Maybe if I keep them in my cigar humidor? On second thought I’m not THAT OCD. :)

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Using the cheap ones, I still keep my eye on the dash read out. When they get close, I go around and take them off. Wait a moment and if I need to let a tad more out I can. I’m also not going down to 15 in stock GY so my risk of over deflating isn’t great. Still infinitely better than manually letting out each tire one at a time

Reactions: gwp

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We stock them here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com actually... and they are cheaper then on Amazon. So if you need another set, or if anybody else needs a set, let us know:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/staun-tire-deflator-4-pack-standard-duty-6-30-psi/

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've thought about getting something like this but I only need 1 because I built my 4 tire kit.

And as far as worrying about pounds being exact, don't. Tire pressure varies 5 degrees between cold and hot and a couple degrees just by driving. For example you could be doing hard cornering and your outside front wheel van go up a lbs or 2 just from the heat.
Sponsored