First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome job everyone, from the manufactures, to the race team including the mechanics, this is 3 years in a row and we would have had 123 if the gears hadn't broke. I'm proud to be the owner of a Bronco.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I certainly know I wouldnt want to buy any parts second hand from a 4600 rig lol, gotta be a hard life regardless of tire size

(maybe the portals and LCA's if the price is right lol)

I'll have to dig back into the archives and see if I can find Quinn's (74Weld) post of when he took Healy's race portal apart for a check. If I remember correct it had 1000 of those hard miles on it. It looked brand new. Granted it was the race portal but his street portals mimic the race ones so I would imagine wear would be near identical. I also remember him talking about one of the trophy trucks running his portals and they had a crash. He "fixed' one of them and was still in service 2 years later. They are some tough cookies. 😁

I do agree though Most of their stuff is "used" up for sure. It's hard going 25 mph over rocks. That is what makes that race so fun to watch. At any minute "BANG!! GAME OVER" I can't believe as many finish as they do.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I raced 4600 for a number of years, with a 60 in the rear. We broke it every once in a while. Nothing is indestructible, and this style of racing is extremely hard on parts.

I've also run ARB's in virtually everything I own, and all the competition rigs I've built and worked on. Some were sponsored, some were not. All of them are tough as nails. In the extreme racing environment you find the weak areas in everything, and back in the day we did find some weak areas in our ARB's, which the company then used to improve their products. They have constantly been on top of the game, and the absolute pinnacle of customer service as well. Some of those electrically actuated lockers out there don't measure up when it comes to durability, and are miles and miles behind on customer service and parts support.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I raced 4600 for a number of years, with a 60 in the rear.
My dream. Slowly slowly working my way there. Budget needs to grow a bit so I don't cry when stuff breaks, but I'd love to know more.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dream. Slowly slowly working my way there. Budget needs to grow a bit so I don't cry when stuff breaks, but I'd love to know more.
Best advise i can give is take whatever budget you have, both time and money, and double it.
Sponsored