Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Medium front/Heavy rear kit installed!!!!! Ride is great l, flex is great. Loading up this weekend. We will see how the heavy springs do loaded.

UGH the installer forgot the damn boot/bump stops!!! UGH!!!! What are my options outside of them removing and reinstalling the coil with the bump stops? Someone mentioned sumo springs?

IMG_8024.jpeg

IMG_8023.jpeg

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Medium front/Heavy rear kit installed!!!!! Ride is great l, flex is great. Loading up this weekend. We will see how the heavy springs do loaded.

UGH the installer forgot the damn boot/bump stops!!! UGH!!!! What are my options outside of them removing and reinstalling the coil with the bump stops? Someone mentioned sumo springs?

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_8023

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_8023
Mine were missed as well. I took apart coils and installed the bumps/boots at original shop.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you happen to have the install instructions?

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another question??? Rear coils, mine are stacked at the top 5 coil loops touching???? Yours too???

Called OME. They said they should be becasue they're progressive??? Thats sounds fishy to me
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_8029

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_8028

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another question??? Rear coils, mine are stacked at the top 5 coil loops touching???? Yours too???

Called OME. They said they should be becasue they're progressive??? Thats sounds fishy to me
Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_8028

This is correct and normal. As for install instructions, do you mean the bumps/boots to the coil or installing into vehicle ?

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks!!!

Regarding install manual I was wondering if OME specifically calls to install factory bump stop. The installer is saying it isn't needed. OME is supposed to get back with me tomorrow.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The shop needs to install the bump stops, if they can't read the instructions the first time they can eat the cost.

Bronco's are slightly different from other vehicles with bump stops built into the strut. Don't be fooled by the shop who may not be familiar with the new bronco's.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The shop needs to install the bump stops, if they can't read the instructions the first time they can eat the cost.

Bronco's are slightly different from other vehicles with bump stops built into the strut. Don't be fooled by the shop who may not be familiar with the new bronco's.
Roger that!!! I plan to go armed with info and documentation from ARB. I expect they will correct their error.

Don't think it will be corrected before my family trip this weekend. I plan to take it nice and easy on some fire roads, is that a horrible idea?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger that!!! I plan to go armed with info and documentation from ARB. I expect they will correct their error.

Don't think it will be corrected before my family trip this weekend. I plan to take it nice and easy on some fire roads, is that a horrible idea?
Taking it easy won’t fully compress the suspension such that bump stops would engage. But DEFINITELY put them back

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shouldn't hurt anything if you go slow.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coil springs work on torsion, not compression for the most part. As the spring compresses the metal twists. That's the idea anyway.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love this suspension!!!! We had a successful trip. Fully loaded 40” to front fender and 40” to rear fender. Perfectly level. The mechanic installed 3 shims rear and 0 shims front. Boom!!!

Jbru167

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone installed the OME springs on their Hoss 3.0 Fox shocks. I have read they will fit but cant find anyone that has installed them to confirm?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just installed this kit (medium load, kit2, no rear sway bar) on our non-sasquatch Badlands, and wrapped 37" Falken Wildpeak M/Ts on some Relations Race Wheels (RR6s) with a -12mm offset. We installed two shims per corner in order to prepare for our front/rear steel bumpers, winch, lights, etc.

On-Road
First of all, the on-road experience is almost on par with the factory Bilsteins. The OMEs offer an incredibly smooth ride, and just as OME states, the compression, and rebound feel identical to the Bilsteins. There is, however, a noticeable increase in body roll and sway around corners at speed. An increase in nose dive is also noticeable, however, not as much as the body roll. With the 37" tires, the gearing is now completely off and it's VERY noticeable. The shift points are dramatically late and obnoxiously slow. The 4.46 gears need to be re-geared FOR SURE to something much lower; 5.13 or 5.38 - not sure which option I will go with yet. I am leaning on the 5.38s as I will likely push for a larger tire after these 37s.

Off-Road
I am still amazed at what the Bronco can do off-road, and this suspension takes it to a new level. The shock stroke (Front 7.68” and rear 10.276”) in addition to our 37s proves to provide a very capable rig in the rocks when travel is needed. I was able to traverse through 2-3' boulder fields without teetering once, and this was through sections where my belly skids were sliding over rocks, shock skids slamming down, and sliders connected a few times as well. I'll have some b-roll shots on IG (@trail_bronco) and a follow-up review post coming soon.

Until then, here is the installation guide for our setup:

https://trailbronco.com/2023/04/02/arb-ome-lift-kit-install-6th-gen-bronco/

How much lift did you end up with on your non-Sas Badlands?
All the numbers I've seen are for Sas or the Hitachis, not the BL Bilsteins.
Sponsored