Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Off-road racing enthusiasts witnessed a remarkable display of dominance as ARB Air Locker-equipped Ford Performance Ford Broncos, navigated by ARB-sponsored drivers Bailey Cole and Loren Healy, dominated the 2024 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge. In a thrilling battle in the 4600 Currie Enterprises Stock class, the Ford Performance team showcased why the Ford Bronco is a force to be reckoned with. Ultimately, securing the 1st and 2nd place victory for the 3rd year in a row.

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge LY2_4320

1st Place: Bailey Cole

The race began with Bailey Cole quickly maneuvering through an early bottleneck on Turkey Claw, establishing a commanding lead. However, challenges arose as a broken CV shaft and power steering issues slowed his progress through the rocky terrain. Despite having to winch multiple times and losing a passenger door, Cole's determination prevailed, and he crossed the finish line for his first King of the Hammers victory.

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge 2-2-24_EMC Race_Ryan Del Ponte_2

"I am on cloud nine right now, and everything is awesome," expressed Cole. "No more passenger door, but we got here. Thanks to everyone and my co-driver who had to winch way too many times today and worked his ass off."

“We knew going into this year that it was going to be a rough course,” Cole said. “I thought that there might be opportunities to take creative lines to get an advantage, and the Bronco just performed regardless of what we threw at it. We got into an early lead and kept it rolling. Man, I can’t believe it. This feels amazing. To do this in Bronco has me on cloud nine. When we came across the finish line, and I got the No. 1 from my dad, it was so special.”

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge lorenhealy24emc

2nd Place: Loren Healy

Not to be overshadowed, Loren Healy, another ARB-sponsored driver in a Ford Performance Ford Bronco, claimed a hard-fought second place.

Closing in on Cole late in the race, Healy faced the challenges of the demanding course. Despite the adversity, Healy secured second place, crossing the finish line 20 minutes later, further affirming the Bronco's capability in the toughest off-road conditions.

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge LY2_4725

ARB's selectable locker technology played a crucial role in both Broncos' triumphs. The front and rear ARB Air Lockers provided the control needed to navigate the rugged terrain of King of the Hammers, proving instrumental in the success of Bailey Cole and Loren Healy.

This victory not only marks a third consecutive win for the ARB-equipped Ford Broncos in the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge but forces everyone to recognize the Ford Bronco as a top dog in the off-road world.

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge 24kohemcbroncos
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know if the Bailey and Loren routinely lock and unlock depending on terrain through the course of the race? Or do they pretty much stay locked from the start and send it the whole way?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Off-road racing enthusiasts witnessed a remarkable display of dominance as ARB Air Locker-equipped Ford Performance Ford Broncos, navigated by ARB-sponsored drivers Bailey Cole and Loren Healy, dominated the 2024 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge. In a thrilling battle in the 4600 Currie Enterprises Stock class, the Ford Performance team showcased why the Ford Bronco is a force to be reckoned with. Ultimately, securing the 1st and 2nd place victory for the 3rd year in a row.

Ford Bronco Air Locker-Equipped Ford Broncos Dominate King of the Hammers Every Man Challenge 24kohemcbroncos

1st Place: Bailey Cole

The race began with Bailey Cole quickly maneuvering through an early bottleneck on Turkey Claw, establishing a commanding lead. However, challenges arose as a broken CV shaft and power steering issues slowed his progress through the rocky terrain. Despite having to winch multiple times and losing a passenger door, Cole's determination prevailed, and he crossed the finish line for his first King of the Hammers victory.

"I am on cloud nine right now, and everything is awesome," expressed Cole. "No more passenger door, but we got here. Thanks to everyone and my co-driver who had to winch way too many times today and worked his ass off."

“We knew going into this year that it was going to be a rough course,” Cole said. “I thought that there might be opportunities to take creative lines to get an advantage, and the Bronco just performed regardless of what we threw at it. We got into an early lead and kept it rolling. Man, I can’t believe it. This feels amazing. To do this in Bronco has me on cloud nine. When we came across the finish line, and I got the No. 1 from my dad, it was so special.”

2nd Place: Loren Healy

Not to be overshadowed, Loren Healy, another ARB-sponsored driver in a Ford Performance Ford Bronco, claimed a hard-fought second place.

Closing in on Cole late in the race, Healy faced the challenges of the demanding course. Despite the adversity, Healy secured second place, crossing the finish line 20 minutes later, further affirming the Bronco's capability in the toughest off-road conditions.

ARB's selectable locker technology played a crucial role in both Broncos' triumphs. The front and rear ARB Air Lockers provided the control needed to navigate the rugged terrain of King of the Hammers, proving instrumental in the success of Bailey Cole and Loren Healy.

This victory not only marks a third consecutive win for the ARB-equipped Ford Broncos in the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge but forces everyone to recognize the Ford Bronco as a top dog in the off-road world.

What an awesome race to watch. Broncos in the 4600 class and Slawson in the 4800 class.

Welcome back @Ryan at ARB has been awhile since I saw you post here.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I would have thought that running air lines was less optimal in racing than wires for e-lockers. But I guess the proof is in the winning. Congrats!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brad Lovell qualified pole position but broke ring and pinion taking them out of the race. Could have swept again....

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know if the Bailey and Loren routinely lock and unlock depending on terrain through the course of the race? Or do they pretty much stay locked from the start and send it the whole way?
My money is lock & unlock as it makes it harder to steer when locked.

Last edited:

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored, so my money is on yes.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brad Lovell qualified pole position but broke ring and pinion taking them out of the race. Could have swept again....

Which thew me for a loop when he said it because............ we were all just reading about BMB installing a D60 in his FE, and talking about gear defection in the M220. Those 4600's have the D60 in them and it broke the ring and pinion with 35's on it. I would really like to find out exactly what happened. I have been following his IG for a while now but cannot guarantee he will post what happened.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incredible achievement. Congrats to the entire team(s)! ARB understandably very proud.
Super enjoyable to watch the live feeds and listen to the commentators explaining the ins and outs.
Everyone associated with the Ford teams, ARB, the KOH production in general, just fun to watch.
Added to the bucket list to attend.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They run ARB because you can lock them while in motion. Next question is did they get them for free?
There is an ARB sticker on the door :p

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:unsure:…..? Was it really the “air lockers“ you say? @Ryan at ARB

Or was it the awesome Portals from 74Weld?!!!!! :)

I like it when they both work together. Yeah, that’s what it was, teamwork! ;)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which thew me for a loop when he said it because............ we were all just reading about BMB installing a D60 in his FE, and talking about gear defection in the M220. Those 4600's have the D60 in them and it broke the ring and pinion with 35's on it. I would really like to find out exactly what happened. I have been following his IG for a while now but cannot guarantee he will post what happened.
It happened early on in the desert section. Wasn't even in the rocks section, so everyone is wondering.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I certainly know I wouldnt want to buy any parts second hand from a 4600 rig lol, gotta be a hard life regardless of tire size

(maybe the portals and LCA's if the price is right lol)

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but most of us are not going to be punishing our trucks like this. Catching air and big throttle inputs hopping up rocks can do wonders to a drivetrain 🤠
Sponsored