Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I took the plunge and purchased the Airaid snorkel for the Ford Bronco. I had my ten minutes of fame when I was stuck in the middle of a mud hole and my motor stalled because of water intake. Everyone jumped on the picture/video claiming alternator but the alternator was fine and still is.

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) A661A9BC-768C-4EDE-B14D-2A1CCF5E0B32

If you have been off-road and looked at your air filter, you will know that a lot crap gets into the air box.
Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) F28B5704-CB3D-41D3-BCF4-704F2DAC8CFE

So with the install, I sought the help of someone experienced with these sorts of things. I didn’t trust myself in cutting holes into the fender. The install took a little longer than we thought but in the end, it came out great. Some holes had to be made bigger because things weren’t 100% lining up but it wasn’t too big of a deal.

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 9E003B43-5B28-49D3-8025-4EC4494944ED

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) EB39F862-7B93-490F-9591-BC64205934AF

The snorkel looks amazing. My only grip is that they provided no way to close the stock air box intake. I am working with a company to come up with a solution but I don’t quite understand why they wouldn’t provide a way to seal off the air box. Even if this was for just cleaner air for dusty applications, the dust and dirt can still come in through the factory intake so that doesn’t make sense to me.
Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 964EDA53-BCDC-441C-B174-05B8F20535BC

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 27C878F8-8463-4808-BEA7-69D4AA5AA1AE
Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) B1384EB3-813E-4049-BE9D-CA5AA8BDCC34
Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) B050F207-9D9A-4875-9468-1D10E521094A

For those who will say that I will have alternator issues before I suck in water... I say that is incorrect because I have stalled the motor once already and that I rather fix/replace the alternator than get water in the motor.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great!

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I notice you removed the ditch light and radio antenna. Can those be reinstalled?

Sponsored
OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I notice you removed the ditch light and radio antenna. Can those be reinstalled?
The ditch light can go on the inside accessory mount (there are two per side) It just cant really face outward because the snorkel is there so I found there was no point. The antenna could have been left in place but day one when I bought the bronco, I installed the delete for a cleaner look. The radio still works well the very few times I have used it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based off the title, I thought you had this in your cargo area and slapped it on mid-submersion...

Looks great! I agree that the billboard on the top needs to go though.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does blend as well as you can expect for a snorkel setup.

So the Airaid setup doesn't seal against the factory air box, is that correct?

Herb

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does blend as well as you can expect for a snorkel setup.

So the Airaid setup doesn't seal against the factory air box, is that correct?

Herb
You cut a hole in the top of the stock air box, and it seals on the top, but there is nothing to block the stock inlet from letting in dust, water or anything else.

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based off the title, I thought you had this in your cargo area and slapped it on mid-submersion...

Looks great! I agree that the billboard on the top needs to go though.
Nothing some spray paint can't take care of. The inlet mesh with the logo can come off and modified.

Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cut a hole in the top of the stock air box, and it seals on the top, but there is nothing to block the stock inlet from letting in dust, water or anything else.
OK, now I get it, and I understand your concern. I live in a dusty are, so I'd be very concerned about that.

Herb

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the intake? did you seal your inlet box?

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the top able to be swiveled? Interested to see the results. Looks better IMO than the Everglades snorkle.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I'm looking at this correctly, after you installed this snorkel that the oem front air intake inlet is still being used. That to me says failure for water forging. Water contamination is inevitable with that front inlet tube still present and operational.

Why is that front inlet tube still there? Why is the air box not sealed completely from water or other contaminates? Being a military retiree, we water forged all the time and our air intake systems were completely sealed and the snorkel worked as intended. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture here or something. Please correct me if I'm wrong at what I'm seeing here.

Nice looking snorkel though!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing some spray paint can't take care of. The inlet mesh with the logo can come off and modified.
precisely what I was thinking. I’d look into cutting it out and replacing it. Wire or plastic mesh should be easy to source.

Which puts AirRaid leaps and bounds over the competition (Bourne). They molded their name with huge letters into the plastic along the whole side of the damn thing. (plus theirs doesn’t mount flush like this one)

So far, this is the one I’ve got my eye on. Waiting to see what they do about the stock inlet hole.
Sponsored