Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moshimoto just announced theirs as a presale, but the made a cover for the item intake, but said you can run both except in water. See if they will sell it separately.
I reached out to Moshimoto to see about getting the air inlet cover, but they won't sell it separately.

So far all is working well. I am interested to see how all of this performs during the rainy season in FL. I thought the head of the snorkel could turn 180 degrees, but it can't fit because of the A-pillar.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reached out to Moshimoto to see about getting the air inlet cover, but they won't sell it separately.

So far all is working well. I am interested to see how all of this performs during the rainy season in FL. I thought the head of the snorkel could turn 180 degrees, but it can't fit because of the A-pillar.
Try a Sy-clone pre-filter it has a fan and an outlet for dust and water, it has really helped with the dust here in Texas and I’ve never found any water in the air box after driving through heavy rains.

9000_hiw_animation_med.gif

IMG_0330-XL.jpg

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you sat in it, you would never know. There is absolutely no sign nor scent that there was water. I am extremely pleased with the wash out interior of the badlands.
It is great, somtimes I pine for the comfort of cloth, but I've already gotten into my bronco dirty as heck, and it all washes away with MGV and rubber floor.

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to give a better perspective on the snorkel. I took off the head.

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 339267549_910470630172236_3309946930787735312_n

You can see the opening is actually oval. I am not sure why I thought it was round. The head has no drain holes, but I thought about making one in the very back (on top of the picture).

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 339655691_965717951099422_384501233178975668_n

I like the idea of the Sy-Klone prefilter but don't see anything about oval openings. I mean with a clamp, you can pretty much make anything work that is close as far as tubing.

Ford Bronco Airaid Snorkel Installed (after engine stall from water intake) 339236104_1164613067448591_4791094823072054057_n

This is how the head needs to sit to clear the A-pillar if I were to turn it 180 degrees. I mean the clamp holds it tightly, so I am not worried about it going anywhere. Just looks like it isn't supposed to fit that way.

Reached out to Sy-Klone to see what they recommend.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think I'd trim the front of that scoop a little for clearance and leave it rear facing if there's any chance of rain or water. An oiled prefilter might help with rain, and it's definitely a good idea in dust or sandy conditions.

A little disappointed that there's absolutely no design element to handle some water getting in, most front facing snorkels have a trap/particulate separator with a drain, and a deflector so there's not a direct path into the intake. The water hits the deflector and drains out while the air goes around and into the intake. With this design the water is quite literally free to head straight into the airbox, on a path directly toward the top of the filter.