Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just put these on mine. There is a thread on here for these as well. There are fitment haggles for those of us with the Lux package. I'd imagine these will be super popular with the Everglades owners.
Yeah, it seems like this would be an ideal use case for them, even with the fitment issues.

My biggest question about the snorkel is whether it would fit on an ADV fender, I can't bring myself to cut the OEM fender when I could cut a replacement instead.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it seems like this would be an ideal use case for them, even with the fitment issues.

My biggest question about the snorkel is whether it would fit on an ADV fender, I can't bring myself to cut the OEM fender when I could cut a replacement instead.
What a lot of my Toyota friends would do is buy an extra fender off ebay pre-painted (~$350) and use it. Not sure if stock fenders are available for the Bronco yet though.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did and all was fine. The breather hoses are by the brake booster, so they are really high up. They say the everglades model has even higher breather hoses but man... If my breather hoses are underwater, then I am having a really bad day haha.
Yep, Ford extended the breather vent tubes higher on the Everglades by 2-3" for the gearbox, transfer case, and axles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a follow up. I reached out to Airaid and their response was, "Thank you for your email. The snorkel setup is designed to add a new air inlet source that is away from the ground and where the stock air intake is. This is to help have an air inlet source away from splashes, mud, and most of the dirt. While this will not seal off the stock intake and still allow for air to reach the air filter via the stock inlet; it does provide an alternate air source when off-roading."

So, I responded back quoting their own website asking how in any way does this add protection from the elements if the elements can come into the airbox like if the snorkel wasn't there... no response. So, I will come up with a solution to block off the stock inlet myself, but I am not pleased with Airaid's response.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a follow up. I reached out to Airaid and their response was, "Thank you for your email. The snorkel setup is designed to add a new air inlet source that is away from the ground and where the stock air intake is. This is to help have an air inlet source away from splashes, mud, and most of the dirt. While this will not seal off the stock intake and still allow for air to reach the air filter via the stock inlet; it does provide an alternate air source when off-roading."

So, I responded back quoting their own website asking how in any way does this add protection from the elements if the elements can come into the airbox like if the snorkel wasn't there... no response. So, I will come up with a solution to block off the stock inlet myself, but I am not pleased with Airaid's response.
No snorkel made that I'm aware of leaves the stock opening in place. WTF are they thinking. Thanks for being the guinea pig, but that's pretty sad on their part.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I Got one of these too...haven't installed yet. Will be looking forward to see what your solution is, cause I'm going to need one also!

Vinn_B_good

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ideally can 3D print something with a bit of an integrated soft gasket on the perimeter. Good luck with this, once I have my hands on my BL I'll start taking a look at these solutions as well, while keeping an eye out for the ARB/Safari and potentially grabbing the Everglades snorkel system from the FoMoCo parts bin.

Quick one to get rid of the Airaid logo and potentially better pre-filtration for dust: what is the profile of the top of the snorkel by the ram air head?

I wonder if something like the Snorkel Upgrade head could be used here? Would depend on that pipe end being round and there being enough clearance to the A-pillar/windshield frame.

https://snorkelupgrade.com/collections/frontpage/products/snorkel-pre-filter

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 11.18.36.png

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ideally can 3D print something with a bit of an integrated soft gasket on the perimeter. Good luck with this, once I have my hands on my BL I'll start taking a look at these solutions as well, while keeping an eye out for the ARB/Safari and potentially grabbing the Everglades snorkel system from the FoMoCo parts bin.

Quick one to get rid of the Airaid logo and potentially better pre-filtration for dust: what is the profile of the top of the snorkel by the ram air head?

I wonder if something like the Snorkel Upgrade head could be used here? Would depend on that pipe end being round and there being enough clearance to the A-pillar/windshield frame.

https://snorkelupgrade.com/collections/frontpage/products/snorkel-pre-filter
It is a round pipe that seems pretty normal when looking at the one Mishimoto is developing. I don't see why the upgrade head wouldn't work.

I Got one of these too...haven't installed yet. Will be looking forward to see what your solution is, cause I'm going to need one also!
I tried to see if Mishimoto would sell me their cap to the stock inlet because they are developing a snorkel but nice dice haha. I will say, their snorkel seems to have more development into it or at least are more transparent about it than Airaid.

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to buy that cap from them, but they wouldn't sell it separately haha 😄 A friend knows someone with a 3D printer so we shall see but at the moment I am looking at either a piece of rubber zip-tied to the end of the inlet or maybe even a foam seal of some sort.
I'm sure they'll sell you one for the price of the full kit, and they'll include all the rest of the parts for free! ;)

I was thinking about rubber, but I'd want something pretty stiff to avoid ballooning under pressure. I'd be concerned the in and out motion could work the cover plate loose over time. I guess a band clamp or a couple screws would solve that, though.
Or maybe there isn't enough pressure changes to work the cap loose and the point is moot.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, that response is gold 😂 someone at Airaid needs to get fired, because it's obvious they know their snorkel isn't doing the job of a snorkel. I wonder if it's intentional because they found out the choke point at the mirror bend is way too restrictive, and they don't want anyone to find that out by running without an adequate alternate source of air. A company that built its reputation on increasing airflow making a restrictive intake? Shame and dishonor LOL

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah , this is crazy , I mean if you can silicone in a black plastic piece behind the stock flapper. Then put some rubber weather stripping around the factory top half seal. I see no reason why 100 percent of the air can not come from the top of the snorkel. I think its the best looking one I've seen so far but still silly to spend time making an entire setup to only defeat the purpose of what a snorkel is suppose to be designed for? Freaking absolutely weird.
Sponsored