Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, serious question: What Alarm?

Since when does Bronco come with an alarm? I have an alarm? Nobody told me about an alarm.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened to me today. Bronco had been sitting a few hours when I got the notification that the alarm was going off (didn’t say why). Checked the security camera and nothing/nobody was around it.
This is funny. Have had the Bronco for just over a month and the alarm does randomly keep going off. Once even at work.

I have a Ring Car Cam (it’s ok, nothing special, but decent for a security cam more than a dash cam), and I look at it; nothing.

Happened at home once too, but it’s in the garage. First thought I was hitting key fob, but not overnight at 4am this past weekend.

Also, how do you get notifications the alarm is going off? Is there a setting in Ford Pass that I’m missing?

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is funny. Have had the Bronco for just over a month and the alarm does randomly keep going off. Once even at work.

I have a Ring Car Cam (it’s ok, nothing special, but decent for a security cam more than a dash cam), and I look at it; nothing.

Happened at home once too, but it’s in the garage. First thought I was hitting key fob, but not overnight at 4am this past weekend.

Also, how do you get notifications the alarm is going off? Is there a setting in Ford Pass that I’m missing?
If FordPass is working correctly and your bronco is connected (mine keeps going out and I have to reset by pulling negative battery terminal for 5 minutes), then you’ll get a notification via FordPass.

Neurogal

Black Diamond
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK so this happened in my work garage (not in the best neighborhood) right after purchase in Jan '23 and I got a notification on FordPass that "someone" was trying to open the hood and the alarm was going off. I had to run out and tell everyone at work that "someone was stealing my brand new car." 🤦‍♀️

It happens intermittently since, ~1x/week that obviously it's a glitch. Seems to be worse when sitting out in the sun, but very embarrassing because people always come find me to tell me "is that your Bronco outside?" I'm trying to take it in but it's not constant, so I've been lazy about it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK so this happened in my work garage (not in the best neighborhood) right after purchase in Jan '23 and I got a notification on FordPass that "someone" was trying to open the hood and the alarm was going off. I had to run out and tell everyone at work that "someone was stealing my brand new car." 🤦‍♀️

It happens intermittently since, ~1x/week that obviously it's a glitch. Seems to be worse when sitting out in the sun, but very embarrassing because people always come find me to tell me "is that your Bronco outside?" I'm trying to take it in but it's not constant, so I've been lazy about it.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your alarm concern on my end.

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok, serious question: What Alarm?

Since when does Bronco come with an alarm? I have an alarm? Nobody told me about an alarm.
The Braptor does with Lux package. Not sure about other trims/models.

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the same issue. BD base tech trim. Alarm randomly goes off sometimes when parked. Hey fob button is not being pressed and nothing is touching the car.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same issue. BD base tech trim. Alarm randomly goes off sometimes when parked. Hey fob button is not being pressed and nothing is touching the car.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Nice of you to chime in to guys individually, but is this a known software or sensor glitch that the dealerships know how to fix? Or, does this appear to be something new and still in diagnosis phase?

Know you can't answer that with specifics, but can you just say something like "take to dealer for remediation"?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thought I would post up here, note the time stamp of 12:19 AM. My truck has been in my hands for 14 hours and we have been greeted by the alarm repeatedly going off. I sort of had hoped to post a fun " so cool I just got my Bronco" for my first post of ownership. Hoping to catch the attention of @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thought I would post up here, note the time stamp of 12:19 AM. My truck has been in my hands for 14 hours and we have been greeted by the alarm repeatedly going off. I sort of had hoped to post a fun " so cool I just got my Bronco" for my first post of ownership. Hoping to catch the attention of @Ford Motor Company
So just quoting myself here after a half sleepless night. The alarm would not stop going off and continued giving reports of the hood opening so I just left the truck unlocked. Fortunately I live in a quiet neighborhood but I have to tell you it felt odd to leave a brand new vehicle unlocked in the driveway all night. If you could lock the truck without setting the alarm this would be a non-issue. Now I get to tinker on my new car to disable the hood latch. Not the end if the world but not the day one of ownership I was looking forward to. @Ford Motor Company

Neurogal

Black Diamond
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I took it in and it took three entire days for the Ford dealership to even unlock the car to run diagnostics. After three days of being carless, the answer I received LITERALLY was “the alarm was not going off when we reviewed it, so it seems fine” and the tech proceeded to tell me this is not a known issue with brand new Broncos.

Of course, two hours after I received my Bronco back with NOTHING DONE but a “system reboot,” the alarm goes off AGAIN saying someone is opening the hood. I am so disappointed!

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone gotten the hood sensor fixed? My ‘23 has set off the FordPass alarm a couple times since I got it (once a month). When I was getting a couple other warranty items fixed, I asked them to look at it, they said they couldn’t replicate it so it wasn’t broke, so no fix.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone gotten the hood sensor fixed? My ‘23 has set off the FordPass alarm a couple times since I got it (once a month). When I was getting a couple other warranty items fixed, I asked them to look at it, they said they couldn’t replicate it so it wasn’t broke, so no fix.
It’s a known issue with an SSM. They should replace the hood latch.

Ford Bronco Alarm keeps triggering IMG_0853

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base