First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same Hood ajar warning triggered alarm event on two occasions in the last sixty days happened to my September of 22 Built Bronco Badlands. Watching thread for actual fix.
Sponsored

Warthog Lover

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado VortecMax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Hello. I have an early 2023 Badlands Manual Sasquatch and tonight my hood alarm triggered in my HOA community twice. I thought someone was breaking into my car causing me to come out of my home running. What can Ford do about the anxiety and disruption these faulty parts are causing? These are new vehicles and this will be the third thing I'm having to get warrantied.

IMG_0286.png

OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello. I have an early 2023 Badlands Manual Sasquatch and tonight my hood alarm triggered in my HOA community twice. I thought someone was breaking into my car causing me to come out of my home running. What can Ford do about the anxiety and disruption these faulty parts are causing? These are new vehicles and this will be the third thing I'm having to get warrantied.

IMG_0286.png
take it to your dealer, they will replace the hoodlatch which fixes the problem. It was backordered when I had this problem, vut the dealer was able to disable it. Once the part came in it took about an hour for them to fix it and I have not had a single alarm go off since then.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was going off constantly (3-4 times a day). Ordered the hood latch from Fordparts.com and it took me all of 30 minutes to install it myself. It was a $27 part, so to me, it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with a dealership service dept. The part number is M2DZ16700A if anyone wants to try it themselves.

You do have to take off the grille, but you can get a wrench to the two screws holding it on without having to pull off all the parts the other guy mentioned. It's tight, but if you're the type to do this repair yourself, you can probably figure out how to do it without tearing apart the whole front clip.

SteveF

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - two door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I just joined the club! The alarm went of twice, in the past two weeks.
Ford Bronco Alarm keeps triggering 1000007635

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like I just joined the club! The alarm went of twice, in the past two weeks.
1000007635.png
Hi Steve! I can look into your Bronco's alarm concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no fix aside from replacing the part? For me paying for the part and replacing it is probably less hassle than taking it to the dealer.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip I see that Ruxor is out of the hood latch. Any idea of when they might be available?

Latch - Ford (M2DZ-16700-A)

I don't think it's been superseded with a new part number?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip I see that Ruxor is out of the hood latch. Any idea of when they might be available?

Latch - Ford (M2DZ-16700-A)

I don't think it's been superseded with a new part number?
We normally don't keep these in stock and just order as needed. Our facing depot shows 30 in inventory and usually get next day if the order goes in by 3:00pm. If we get enough sales, the parts system or RIM is supposed to pick it up and start bringing them in for stock. Usually takes a few months of sales history. Sorry for the long explanation but even though we stock A LOT of stuff for a mid size CPWD, it's usually easier to just pick from the depot as needed as to not blow up our inventory. I think we're around $4.6M as of now which includes Ford and heavy truck parts.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We normally don't keep these in stock and just order as needed. Our facing depot shows 30 in inventory and usually get next day if the order goes in by 3:00pm. If we get enough sales, the parts system or RIM is supposed to pick it up and start bringing them in for stock. Usually takes a few months of sales history. Sorry for the long explanation but even though we stock A LOT of stuff for a mid size CPWD, it's usually easier to just pick from the depot as needed as to not blow up our inventory. I think we're around $4.6M as of now which includes Ford and heavy truck parts.
So just place the order and expect a minor delay?

I assume this means you're not replacing a lot due to the hood alarm issue? Is it the switch that's bad or the adjustment of the switch?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just place the order and expect a minor delay?

I assume this means you're not replacing a lot due to the hood alarm issue? Is it the switch that's bad or the adjustment of the switch?
We've done one adjustment, no replacements based on transaction report. You order today by 3:00, our order goes to our PDC which should pull that night and we would have it tomorrow*. Depending on Jarod's Amazon and other e-commerce workload he will get it out the same or following day.

*Assuming enough PDC employees show up for their shift.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've done one adjustment, no replacements based on transaction report. You order today by 3:00, our order goes to our PDC which should pull that night and we would have it tomorrow*. Depending on Jarod's Amazon and other e-commerce workload he will get it out the same or following day.

*Assuming enough PDC employees show up for their shift.
I may try the adjustment option first. They seem like simple switches and not prone to failure. I assume dealers that do replace them because of the alarm issue actually adjust them so the alarm doesn't go off.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may try the adjustment option first. They seem like simple switches and not prone to failure. I assume dealers that do replace them because of the alarm issue actually adjust them so the alarm doesn't go off.
I think there’s an issue with some of the sensors. I can’t see Ford releasing an SSM telling dealers to replace the latch if an easy adjustment would fix it. I could be wrong though.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there’s an issue with some of the sensors. I can’t see Ford releasing an SSM telling dealers to replace the latch if an easy adjustment would fix it. I could be wrong though.
Is there a SSM for this?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited: