Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! Did not see that. Is the assumption that they changed the switch design?
I'm not sure. There was no part number change for the latch, but since it was only for build dates within a few months I would guess that they just had a bad batch of hood ajar sensors and it's since been straightened out.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure. There was no part number change for the latch, but since it was only for build dates within a few months I would guess that they just had a bad batch of hood ajar sensors and it's since been straightened out.
I fall into this. Pondering whether to just replace it myself. The alarm goes about an hour after I shut off the vehicle.

Edit: I bought on for $25. Sounds like an easy, permanent fix.

You're the man Ducati !

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I fall into this. Pondering whether to just replace it myself. The alarm goes about an hour after I shut off the vehicle.

Edit: I bought on for $25. Sounds like an easy, permanent fix.

You're the man Ducati !
Yeah they’re pretty cheap luckily

Gityup

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Suzuki SX4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi I had bronco installed with the the perimeter plus and it’s been going off from that first day . I can’t pin down if its temperature or the length of time it takes me to get out of the car and arm it . Also if I return back later to get something else from any door , it may go off . Only thing certain is that if it decides to go off it will go off in 15 seconds or 30 seconds .
it also can go off after I use fob auto start , but that happens rarely

Sponsored

Gityup

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Suzuki SX4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Alarm never goes off randomly after the latest of 30 seconds

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got around to replacing the latch today.

Pretty simple: Remove grille, flares, painted trim above the bumper, and headlights, and remove the bolts holding the upper grille shutters so it could be pulled forward for access to the latch and wiring.

I taped around my old latch before I removed it, to give me a starting point for adjustment, and it told me how bad the factory adjustment was. The hood is poorly made too. But I managed to make the hood presentable and have no hood flutter. And, so far, no alarm waking up the 'hood.
Sponsored