Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the dealer's sequence of orders placed really matter? Or is it the case that the number of dealer orders placed is constrained by allocations - but all orders placed in the Dec/Jan window will be re-sequenced by Ford once received, by reservation timestamp and also assembly line efficiencies?
I'm sensing confusion somewhere (not with your statement, but in general - maybe me?).
I might be wrong, but reservations and allocations are not the same.
All orders will be compiled and sorted before ANY Bronco is built. Therefore, all order conversions will be time stamp-sorted based on parts availability and build schedule. Reservation Broncos are supposed to be built first - period (per Ford). As the build schedule stretches out, reservations will not be able to account for the builds available. Therefore, Ford will default back to the allocation system outlined previously. As parts become available to complete reservation builds, they get priority over allocations until all reservations are built. Then the allocation formulation kicks in 100% and dealer inventory is stocked.

Maybe it's just me, but that's how I read the statement.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sensing confusion somewhere
Don't see why you're confused....this whole thing has been like reading tea leaves in the dark.

You've heard it said that someone could f-up a wet dream....Ford seems to be trying

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disclaimer: This is based on previous posts by bronco members and is still somewhat speculative

Bronco Reservations Converted to Orders WILL NOT be produced/delivered strictly by reservation timestamp.

Delivery of your order is dependent on several factors

• The time of your reservation (kinda).
  • The number of reservations received at your dealer
  • The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
  • The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market

• Dealers are instructed to place orders in order of timestamp, but don't have to, thats the kinda part
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market

Example
Dealer A is high volume and in huge jeep market
Dealer B is low volume

Given a dealer A gets 100 reservations (converted to orders) and Dealer B also gets 100
- Dealer A may be able to get 50 + 22 + 20 , ie be allocated 92 broncos from the production line
- Dealer B may be able to get 50 + 2 + 1 , ie be allocated 53 broncos from the production line

I am still not sure how those 53 and 92 will be "merged" together as far as order of production
I will continue to update/correct this post as more questions are answered

Basic Timing
  • December-January dealers will work with reservation holders to convert reservations to orders
  • Orders will be entered into WBDO
  • Ford will review total order volume and allocate production to dealers based on some mix of the above criteria and probably parts availability

Please feel to correct me

Why this post:
digging through 72 pages for this summary is a pain and there has been a lot of conflicting answers
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...g-dates-build-date-estimates.5793/post-204811

I've looked at several older threads that made it seem like "allocation" will no impact on reservations and delivery. In other words that if you reserved a bronco, you will be served your bronco in the order it was reserved, regardless of the size of the dealer and that dealers "allocation"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-order-vs-allocation.3517/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservation-priority-vs-dealer-priority-and-allocation.3118/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservations-vs-dealer-allocation.2243/

However that seems it could be contrary to

Is it possible they are still referring to only allocation for the (2021) year after reservations are fulfilled, maybe?

Either way I was hoping to get a real world example of how allocation is truly at play here, wether it be for number of reservations a dealer can fulfill immediately or the number of "stock" units they would receive after reservations, as a "reward" for fulfilling reservations (among other things)

It seems like there is quite a bit of people wanting a simple explanation on just the allocation process

add on top of that one post that v

Edit History:
9:21
per kris87 changed "A dealer will automatically receive 50% of their reservations" to
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
9:35
per eryk Added disclaimer

9:40
per comment add details about "kinda" by timestamp

10:10
added Basic Timing section
GREAT job putting all this crap together. I will keep following, to review your changes.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sensing confusion somewhere (not with your statement, but in general - maybe me?).
I might be wrong, but reservations and allocations are not the same.
All orders will be compiled and sorted before ANY Bronco is built. Therefore, all order conversions will be time stamp-sorted based on parts availability and build schedule. Reservation Broncos are supposed to be built first - period (per Ford). As the build schedule stretches out, reservations will not be able to account for the builds available. Therefore, Ford will default back to the allocation system outlined previously. As parts become available to complete reservation builds, they get priority over allocations until all reservations are built. Then the allocation formulation kicks in 100% and dealer inventory is stocked.

Maybe it's just me, but that's how I read the statement.
Very well put. But don't you think the info coming out sept 25 contradicts that?

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the detailed info.... i’m confused though, if I reserved on the day after the release, and i am going through a dealership with a sub 50 bronco reservation list, how far back will that push me? if it pushes me into the fall i’ll squatch mine?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@72roadster

Thanks for putting this together. Since we are not in charge we don’t know how it works and we can only speculate. Its something to read while I wait for B&P.

I’m feeling good about these two points:

• The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
  • The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market

My dealer I have my reservation with has been in business at the same location for a few decades (I think he said 50 years). So he should have good volume. And we have 4 Ford dealerships in town so there is volume or they would not need 4.

I once read Vegas sold more Jeeps than anywhere in the US. Maybe that year I dunno, I never verified that claim. But we are in a desert and there are thousands of miles of trails everywhere and a buck ton of wranglers on ever street corner. Over 1.5 million people and I can think of at least 6 off road clubs without trying.

Future postings will be interesting when forum members compare registration dates to actual delivery dates.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It only takes one person to interpret a simple statement differently than the plain English meaning and it is avalanche of anguish time.

It could not be more clear that the statement says that the formula for allocations is being nudged for future (after reservations) are completed. That way the bigger dealerships get more to sell after reservations are filled without actually having to earn extra initial sales with a better deal.

If you read it any other way, then it totally breaks down and makes no sense based on Fords original and still stated position on their website. If the 'speculation' were true, there would be a great many reservations not filled until the large dealer orders were competed no matter when reserved. Seriously, building and shipping orders based on that formula would have a vast sea of Bronco's waiting for transport (or sending out very expensive trucks and rail cars less than full, not going to happen.)

If you read it, as written, for (future) allocations to order dealer stock and customer vehicles, it becomes easy to envision the logistics and makes sense as a method to placate bigger dealers. If you believe Ford is going to be (hypothetically) filling the 100 orders at a large dealer, (over some time period) regardless of when they were reserved to completion while letting G or S dealerships have hundreds of people waiting with very early reservation dates, it would be a public relations nightmare. Zero sense.

Future allocation formula being tweaked; no drama at customer level and big dealers happy.

Transportation and materials will be a large part of the schedule, true. They are going to be in a very, very rough order of reservations, you might be better off at a place with more orders at that point, maybe not. There will be unhappy and happy people because of the realities of production and shipping, but I am personally not stressing the slightest bit about the meaning of the message to dealers on allocations.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It could not be more clear that the statement says that the formula for allocations is being nudged for future (after reservations) are completed. That way the bigger dealerships get more to sell after reservations are filled without actually having to earn extra initial sales with a better deal.
would you mind quoting the text from statement that you feel makes that clear?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It only takes one person to interpret a simple statement differently than the plain English meaning and it is avalanche of anguish time.

If you read it any other way, then it totally breaks down and makes no sense based on Fords original and still stated position on their website. If the 'speculation' were true, there would be a great many reservations not filled until the large dealer orders were competed no matter when reserved. Seriously, building and shipping orders based on that formula would have a vast sea of Bronco's waiting for transport (or sending out very expensive trucks and rail cars less than full, not going to happen.)

If you read it, as written, for (future) allocations to order dealer stock and customer vehicles, it becomes easy to envision the logistics and makes sense as a method to placate bigger dealers. If you believe Ford is going to be (hypothetically) filling the 100 orders at a large dealer, (over some time period) regardless of when they were reserved to completion while letting G or S dealerships have hundreds of people waiting with very early reservation dates, it would be a public relations nightmare. Zero sense.

Future allocation formula being tweaked; no drama at customer level and big dealers happy.

Transportation and materials will be a large part of the schedule, true. They are going to be in a very, very rough order of reservations, you might be better off at a place with more orders at that point, maybe not. There will be unhappy and happy people because of the realities of production and shipping, but I am personally not stressing the slightest bit about the meaning of the message to dealers on allocations.
Thank you. I agree!

Sponsored

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Biggest piece of the puzzle I think people on this forum aren't really thinking about is that whole "other 50%" of Broncos dealers are going to get. That is going to play a much bigger part than anyone thinks.

That's why I said yesterday that it would be good for dealers to actually post their allocation number when given compared to their reservation numbers. That'll tell the story then.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even with a "real world" example, it's still not clear to me. Maybe I need new glasses...

0439563e144687acf29c98ac1770b4c9.gif

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved my Bronco in the first two hours of reservations.

I expect, based on research here and my order number, that I am in the top 3000-4000 of orders in general. If I order right, i should get mine Month One, whichever month that is. The only thing that could slow me down is how I order and how ford produces. Even if they produce all of the First Editions starting with vin 0001, that's only 7000 people ahead of me. At 500/day, assuming a lot of those 7000 are already ahead of me, mine should be built week 3 or 4, regardless of batching.

Unless i choose an option of late availability. Then I will end up with the first or second of that availability, but as late a production month 6 or later. I like lightening blue but I want my Bronco asap, so it is not an option for me.

It's like blackjack. The Reservations were the deal, ordering is the draw, but all of our hands depend on what the dealer (Ford in this case) holds. Some of us are going to fold, some of us are going to go to split.

I got a good deal, and if I draw well I have chance to hit blackjack.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this post is is pretty close to accurate based on our current information.

1. Yes, this would be only for 2021, we ASSUME 2022 will go back to a sales based allocation, so the more you sell the more you get. This is the reason for a dealer to sell 2021 reservations cheap, they'll get more for 2022 (and future years) they can make more money on.

2. I think some are confused by the big vs little, it doesn't really matter, its more of a excess reservations vs correct to there size. You can't assume that big dealer is more likely to get reservations filled without knowing how many they have. Some dealers are getting lots of out of their area reservations and likely are lopsided in that regard and could be delayed, some may not have any reservations and will have units available to order. If reservation were all done to nearest dealer you'd see:

Big dealer A 100 reservations, 60 allocated on reservations, 40 on past sales
Small Dealer B 20 reservations, 12 allocated on reservations, but 9 on past sales, and could get one more in 2021 than they had reserved.

What messes this up is that reservations are going all over so some dealers (big or little) will have a high reservation count versus their sales side.

3. Third thing we don't know is for sure how allocation will work. I'd say the just of the meetings been leaked on here, but it was never specifically said how the reservation allocation will work. Will they be in time stamp order or will it just be on quantity? If its in time stamp, first reserved to first built is much more likely, if its by % of total reservations, some dealers will have a high % of early reservations and will cause them to be built much later than they would in order. My current bet is that it will be the latter since I don't know if Ford has the means to do the timestamp allocation, but I've been wrong a ton on this whole launch so who knows.

4. As to dealer inputting orders, I'm assuming we'll be doing it manually and they won't convert, originally it sounded like they'd convert from reservations, but latest info sounds like we take and input the orders into WBDO. If that's the case we'll be able to prioritize orders, so it won't be first come first serve if the dealer wants, they can do it by reservation date. Issue with this is we only have priority 10-19 so if you've got tons of orders, you can't separate them into order, just order groups. So if you had a bunch, you'd have to group them into 10-First Night, 11, 1st day, 12 2nd day, 13, next week, etc. So all your first night ones could be out of order. Again this assumes Ford doesn't have a way to allocate based on reservation date (if they can this is out the window). So if a dealer does first day orders in a group, the first one could be the last one built. Ford will try to stay with the 10 priority's first, but within is more of a gamble.

Part of me thinks for many this is probably more fair since Fords computer problems are a big part of the order, I was 3 hours in before I got mine, and tried from the moment the system opened, so there was a lot of luck involved in the early reservations.

Depending on dealer size there is one way that they could be prioritized by date. Dealer could put all orders at 19 and move the first 9 to 10-18 to keep them in order. Again, that only works if doing less than 10 a week, so for most dealers it will work (but require weekly effort), but some dealers will have too many to make this work.

Also there are some caveats to this as well, I'd want to have a 19 pool of everyone, an 18 pool of coming soon, then the 8 next going down to 10. The reason I'd do this is that if there are commodities on my first 8 orders that cause them to be skipped that week, I'd want to make sure that the one that does schedule is at least one that's close to in order, not one that's supposed to be a 2022 order.

All this said, Ford could have another announcement and render all this wrong.
Sponsored