Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If production goes full speed, all existing non-MOD reservations can be filled by mid-summer 2022. Of course a million things have gone wrong with the launch and a million more can go wrong over the next six months. So trying to make any reasonable predictions about the cutoff between MY22/MY23 a year from now is a fool's errand IMHO.

Order what you want, you will probably get it in MY22. If more shit goes wrong, you're screwed and you won't get it until later. Same boat as most of us.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get so angry!

LOL!

Don't worry buddy ... I have a 2021 GEN3 Raptor coming in 2 weeks and after that I will have a bronco Raptor next to it.

Enjoy your wait!
I hope you get both your raptors tomorrow. None of what I was asking was salty about anyone getting anything? Have you had a raptor before? Do you like it if you do? Is the v6 different than the v8s of old? I was recently looking at used ones but something about 60k for a used truck that’s a v6 didn’t sit well. I have a 2013 Shelby I love which is why I was looking at the raptor to begin with.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have own 3 Raptors (2013, 2019, 2021 ... built last week)

my 2019 Raptor (3.5 TT) ran circles around my 2013 with the V8. Hell my wife's 2018 Lariat is quicker then the 2013 Raptor.

I sold my 2019 (2.5 years with 13k) for 5K more than what I paid for it.

Raptors hold their VALUES!

I hope you get both your raptors tomorrow. None of what I was asking was salty about anyone getting anything? Have you had a raptor before? Do you like it if you do? Is the v6 different than the v8s of old? I was recently looking at used ones but something about 60k for a used truck that’s a v6 didn’t sit well. I have a 2013 Shelby I love which is why I was looking at the raptor to begin with.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely helps when the automakers can't make autos. Right now I think a rusted out 1991 Nissan Stanza with its doors duct-taped on holds its value. :D

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have own 3 Raptors (2013, 2019, 2021 ... built last week)

my 2019 Raptor (3.5 TT) ran circles around my 2013 with the V8. Hell my wife's 2018 Lariat is quicker then the 2013 Raptor.

I sold my 2019 (2.5 years with 13k) for 5K more than what I paid for it.

They definitely hold their value. Some were 145k miles and were still like $45k. That’s crazy to me

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely helps when the automakers can't make autos. Right now I think a rusted out 1991 Nissan Stanza with its doors duct-taped on holds its value. :D
I agree. I just totaled my 2017 ram with 32k miles on it and they gave me what I paid sticker for it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I sold my 2013 Raptor to my brother-in-law. It was 50K in 2013 and they are selling for around 40K now

Yes the market for used cars now is crazy BUT Raptors have always held their values.

Ford Bronco Allocations? Dealer priority? 1633107425235

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I emailed my dealer today and asked what their bronco allocation was, what my priority number was, how many orders they have, and if they had received any because I was curious. Before everyone kills me for not finding out before, I was oblivious to all of this before a few weeks ago when I joined this forum and had already placed an order 9/6/21. I did get it at msrp. That being said, they are trying to tell me they know nothing about allocations as far as the bronco, and priority numbers? It’s a small town dealership but are they full of shit and just don’t want to tell me? Can any dealer related person confirm/verify this for me. I’m already pretty sure their full of shit.
I do not believe your dealer is full of crap.

A dealership (particularly a small one) that understands the commodity constraint mess that Ford has right now makes it unwise to give you information that is pretty much completely worthless.

- Since Ford cannot make nearly as many 2021 Bronco's as they initially anticipated, the allocations the dealers initially got are overstated.

- Ford has not yet announced anticipated production for 2022 so being low on the list that you would get a 2023 is a complete guess.

- When Ford couldn't make any hard top Bronco's they tried to get as many folks to make the softie switch. Those that did make that switch and had a buildable unit may get a 2021 Bronco provided their dealer still has 2021 allocation. These Broncos jumped ahead of the "Reservation Time-Stamp / Allocation Line" that many folks thought existed but really never did.

- Reservation timestamp should govern for identical builds ordered from a single dealership. Other than that all bets are off.

- As far as I know my Dealer (who had about 12 reservations and allocation for 4 plus a mannequin unit) is only getting a Dirt Mountain mannequin and one 2-door in 2021. The reason is because none of their customers opted to switch to a softie.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not suggesting you do this as this vehicle certainly isn't for everybody, but.....

It was time for me to get a new vehicle. I know I'm not getting my Bronco until well into 2022, so I picked up a 21 Bronco Sport Badlands to hold me over and learn a little bit of the tech that will carry over to the Bronco.

I'm confident it will hold it's value well as would a Jeep or any other vehicle to make the wait a little less painful.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's still absolutely terrible reading about these 2 topics- dealer allocations and priorities. It was so very exciting when the Bronco was launched back in 2020. And then we placed our reservations- and I was excited for about a year, then my excitement slowly dwindled like a candle burning out. Now it's just an ember.

I assumed- as many of you I am sure did that reservations would be how the Broncos would be delivered- period. That's how it should have been- delayed or not. Delays are understandable- pandemic, supplier quality, etc. But it should not matter AT ALL the dealer and they should not have been allowed any dealer stock, there should have been no "priority" orders or what they call "allocations". If we all went to the same dealer, then that's how they should have been delivered- in order by reservation. Realistically that would not happen but you get my point.

So disappointed that I am not only opting out of the Bronco but probably will not buy a Ford again due to how this was handled. I am more disappointed in my dealer than anything else and for sure won't ever go there again.

I remain on the forum as I am really interested in the vehicle itself and reading about it. I still think the new Broncos are simply awesome.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Allocation has always, and will always, play a part in how and when a dealership receives vehicles. It is a means for the manufacturers to fairly distribute their products to their customers (the dealers).

Rumors are the allocation formula for 22 will go back to the traditional model, ignoring the reservation pieces of the formula put in place for Bronco for 22. This would be good news for smaller dealers with few reservations, bad news for the “group buy” dealers.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's still absolutely terrible reading about these 2 topics- dealer allocations and priorities. It was so very exciting when the Bronco was launched back in 2020. And then we placed our reservations- and I was excited for about a year, then my excitement slowly dwindled like a candle burning out. Now it's just an ember.

I assumed- as many of you I am sure did that reservations would be how the Broncos would be delivered- period. That's how it should have been- delayed or not. Delays are understandable- pandemic, supplier quality, etc. But it should not matter AT ALL the dealer and they should not have been allowed any dealer stock, there should have been no "priority" orders or what they call "allocations". Dealer stock only after reservations are filled. If we all went to the same dealer, then that's how they should have been delivered- in order by reservation. Realistically that would not happen but you get my point.

So disappointed that I am not only opting out of the Bronco but probably will not buy a Ford again due to how this was handled. I am more disappointed in my dealer than anything else and for sure won't ever go there again.

I remain on the forum as I am really interested in the vehicle itself and reading about it. I still think the new Broncos are simply awesome.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Allocations are how Ford distributes in-demand vehicles. A dealer can order as many Escapes as they want, they only get a certain allocation of Raptors.

For the Bronco, Ford used some super secret formula to assign allocations based on orders, population center, and the number of Wranglers registered in that area (whatever area means).

But basically, each dealer got an allocation of about 35% of the orders that were placed before 3/19/21.

My initial dealership got an allocation of 150, and had about 450 orders. I changed to a smaller dealership (who I trust more) and they have 119 allocations out of around 400 orders.

Also, due to all the issues Ford had, most dealerships will not get their full allocation this year, and allocations are builds, not deliveries. If a Bronco is built on 10 December and arrives the 2nd week of January it counts against the 2021 allocation.

Nobody knows what next year's allocation will look like. It should be roughly three times 2021 based on production capacity.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If production goes full speed, all existing non-MOD reservations can be filled by mid-summer 2022. Of course a million things have gone wrong with the launch and a million more can go wrong over the next six months. So trying to make any reasonable predictions about the cutoff between MY22/MY23 a year from now is a fool's errand IMHO.

Order what you want, you will probably get it in MY22. If more shit goes wrong, you're screwed and you won't get it until later. Same boat as most of us.
WELL SAID!

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I assumed- as many of you I am sure did that reservations would be how the Broncos would be delivered- period. That's how it should have been- delayed or not. Delays are understandable- pandemic, supplier quality, etc. But it should not matter AT ALL the dealer and they should not have been allowed any dealer stock, there should have been no "priority" orders or what they call "allocations". If we all went to the same dealer, then that's how they should have been delivered- in order by reservation. Realistically that would not happen but you get my point.

If you haven't opted out yet and haven't gone to a "off-Roadeo" yet, I strongly suggest you do before you cancel. It's a great time and really helps with the decision to wait imo....but it may not be that way for you....
Sponsored