Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like others have said, the heat in the bronco is amazing. No issues at all there. I love my soft top, so easy to flip it open and enjoy open air experience with out having to store the panels
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_0597.jpeg

This is mine in December. No issues with the snow on it, and that's about a foot or so just overnight.

It holds in the heat really well (I've been in -10 C or colder), and the road noise is definitely there, but nothing I wasn't expecting. It's a bit harder to talk on the phone via Bluetooth but it's do-able. Overall the soft top is much better than I expected. That being said, I did pre-order an ADV hardtop as I'd prefer one and don't actually take the top off as often as I thought. At least this way I can still remove a couple panels if I want to.

If I'm looking for a downside to the soft top, it does pour water into the vehicle when you open the door. The water really has no gutter to drain, and I believe is a common issue on most soft top vehicles. I also think the hardtop look looks better vs. the wavy windows and soggy top when it rains. But those are just minor.
I believe IAG makes a gutter

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the soft top. Itā€™s not noisy at all until something loud such as a motorcycle or truck comes up near your rear sides. But itā€™s quiet when solo. There is a YouTube video testing sound and they are they same except for the passing vehicles. AC and heat are great so no issue there. I am not really a fan of the MIC color, but that can be painted.
I fought buying a soft top and gave in. No regrets. I do know someone with a hard top and she hates the squeaks.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really enjoy the soft top so far....BUT REALLY want a HARDTOP for western Oregon.
Our weather is beating up my softy...I keep throwing a cover on it to keep the fallout away.
Much rather store the soft top from mid November thru end of April.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my soft top last September and I am dealing with winter now. I really wanted the hard top, but didn't want to wait for it, which I guess it was a good call as my Grangtober 2020 res would for sure have been a 2024. Noise wise, its fine actually. Getting up around 85 and it gets to be a little excessive. Like other people have said, I love the ability to open and close the top at will without having to worry about storing panels or leaving them at home. I've ran it through a touchless wash with zero leaks or other issues. (hand wash only typically) The only real complaint that I have is having a dirty plastic window in the back from salt and slush with no way to quickly and easily clean it for fear of scratching the window. I'm open to suggestions on that.

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, IAG makes a gutter and there are several Chinese ones on Amazon as well. I have had my soft top since October 21, and I have no complaints other than the water dripping when the door is open, or window is down. It is a little louder than the 2016 mustang Vert I traded in, but not that bad. Even through the Polar Vortex which saw single digit temps and -teen Windchill's in GA heating was never an issue, besides the seat heater will toast your buns in a second. as far as cleaning the Windows just grab some plexol and they will clean right up.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the soft top. Much better than I thought it would be and so much better than the one in the Jeep TJ that I used to own

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Michigan soft top owner here. No problems or regrets having the soft top, we actually preferred it over the MIC. If you can get your Bronco quicker by going soft, then I can offer no downside to the soft top.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting up around 85 and it gets to be a little excessive.
85 as in mph or temperature? ROFL šŸ¤Ŗ I used to live in KS and do miss treks through NE countryside but Iā€™ve not had the chance to go even remotely that fast here in 20 years šŸ›£

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

85 as in mph or temperature? ROFL šŸ¤Ŗ I used to live in KS and do miss treks through NE countryside but Iā€™ve not had the chance to go even remotely that fast here in 20 years šŸ›£
I76 in CO is a pretty good place to go much faster than 85. Shoot I travel 85 on I79 in WPA

Sponsored

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

F507081F-E34C-4E91-A454-F62C2865F24E.jpeg

Other members have made the same complaints I would but havenā€™t mentioned the snow on the inside!

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Alright Ford you broke me - question for soft top owners F507081F-E34C-4E91-A454-F62C2865F24E

Other members have made the same complaints I would but havenā€™t mentioned the snow on the inside!
Holy shit! Where is it coming in from? The top tail gate seal?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m in MN where the average low temp is 1Āŗ F right now, and the heat retention is no problem. I have the LUX package and love the heated seats and steering wheel this time of year. Iā€™ve had zero issues with any snow getting in the vehicle and weā€™ve had 56ā€ so far this winter. I like the soft top much better than I expected. The side windows in the rear are a bit of a pain so I leave them out most of the summer.

My Bronco is non Sasquatch as I got impatient in December of 2021 and ordered one that I knew I could get faster and it was delivered to the dealer 123 days later. I have a MIC top Bronco on the way in a week or so, my original 7/20/20 reservation, and my adult daughter will buy my current Bronco. Iā€™m planning on selling the MIC top and ordering the MyTop power soft top when it becomes available. The top comes down a lot and last summer we went 85 consecutive days with doors off.

I really have zero need for the MIC top anymore as we will be wintering in Florida for seven months each winter going forward. Had I known how good the soft top was, I would have never ordered the MIC top, especially since it offers little noise benefit and has its own squeak and fit and finish issues.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my soft top last September and I am dealing with winter now. I really wanted the hard top, but didn't want to wait for it, which I guess it was a good call as my Grangtober 2020 res would for sure have been a 2024. Noise wise, its fine actually. Getting up around 85 and it gets to be a little excessive. Like other people have said, I love the ability to open and close the top at will without having to worry about storing panels or leaving them at home. I've ran it through a touchless wash with zero leaks or other issues. (hand wash only typically) The only real complaint that I have is having a dirty plastic window in the back from salt and slush with no way to quickly and easily clean it for fear of scratching the window. I'm open to suggestions on that.
Clean, apply Griotā€™s 3in1 ceramic spray wax. Couple coats. They rinse fairly nice from then on for a quick clean.
Sponsored