Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have been accused by my girlfriend of being OCD. Maybe a little bit? I don't know but I do know that the garage door opener clip is denting my sun visor. What will it take? One or two months and it's permanent right? So zip tie to the door webbing!
Ford Bronco Alternate Garage Opener Placement IMG_2006
o

I'm 54 years old. My daughter is not comfortable with me calling my significant other a girlfriend. She thinks "lady friend" is a better fit. Thoughts?
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 54 years old. My daughter is not comfortable with me calling my significant other a girlfriend. She thinks "lady friend" is a better fit. Thoughts?
"My (main) squeeze?" "Your prospective stepmother?" If you want to twist the blade, throw in the word "evil." o_O I myself don't care for "significant other:" like it was devised by some committee of dull, somber wokesters.

"Insignificant other?" :sick:

Consider cushioning the clip on the sun visor with a bit of cardboard, or maybe sandwiching it with a bit of thin plastic. One of those fake credit cards banks send you, cut into two halves, might work. Also, perhaps adhesive velcro to utilize some other location.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a “smart” garage door opener, you could just use the app on your phone instead.

But if you must have a physical button, you could place it in the centre arm rest console - it’s usually recommended not to leave them in sight anyways, as someone could steal it and get your address off your insurance papers.

As for your girlfriend - Just tell your kid you call her “Mommy” and that’ll likely creep them out enough to drop the subject.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said I had to drop from Lux to high to get a build. I complied and as a result lost the imbedded door opening option. Ahhh okay. At least its in my garage I can modify.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a “smart” garage door opener, you could just use the app on your phone instead.

But if you must have a physical button, you could place it in the centre arm rest console - it’s usually recommended not to leave them in sight anyways, as someone could steal it and get your address off your insurance papers.

As for your girlfriend - Just tell your kid you call her “Mommy” and that’ll likely creep them out enough to drop the subject.
It actually is a smart opener and I do have an app that I never installed. My " girlfriend" has it on her phone for her house. She starts searching through her purse to get the phone and pull up the app about a half mile away. That door is almost never opened before we get there.

Also you are again correct and for 5 days I kept it in my center console. I think I am too stuck on economy of motion and efficiency. Yes I know I have issues. Just suggesting something for those with similar issues?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It actually is a smart opener and I do have an app that I never installed. My " girlfriend" has it on Yes I know I have issues. Just suggesting something for those with similar issues?
I'll trade issues with you.
Now get offa my lawn!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It actually is a smart opener and I do have an app that I never installed. My " girlfriend" has it on her phone for her house. She starts searching through her purse to get the phone and pull up the app about a half mile away. That door is almost never opened before we get there.

Also you are again correct and for 5 days I kept it in my center console. I think I am too stuck on economy of motion and efficiency. Yes I know I have issues. Just suggesting something for those with similar issues?
If she has it on her phone she can likely leave it in her purse and just use a voice command - “Hey Siri/Alexa, open the garage door.”

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If she has it on her phone she can likely leave it in her purse and just use a voice command - “Hey Siri/Alexa, open the garage door.”
Okay so now we are entering into the a whole different tech that neither me or her are actually familiar with.

Damn it! I was only trying to give an alternative to those of us that want to push a button and see results.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so now we are entering into the a whole different tech that neither me or her are actually familiar with.

Damn it! I was only trying to give an alternative to those of us that want to push a button and see results.
Glad I could help…

… or make things worse…

I’m not quite sure.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Next future ex wife - lol

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I could help…

… or make things worse…

I’m not quite sure.
Honestly there are times when we are approaching her house and she say oh, oh, let me get my phone out. Okay so hold on let me find the app. Then it's okay I got this I will open the door.

We are in the drive at this point. I open the car door, walk to the key pad, punch int he code and the door starts opening before she can get it through her phone.

I'm just trying not to be like her. I want to approach my house, hit a button and oh my God the garage door is opening.

I don't know I f you helped or not. I do appreciate the response though.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next future ex wife - lol
Okay so I did it once. It is going to take one helluva woman or a lot of stiff drinks before I head down that road again.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My garage door is smart + compatible with Apple HomeKit. When I get outside my neighborhood, CarPlay automatically drops a little button for Garage Door on my screen. I tap it and my garage door is opened by the time I pull into my garage door. Every. Single. Time.

It is also smart enough to know if the door is open or closed. So the button is dynamic. If my wife or kids already have the door open, the button shows open. So just a glance and no tap required.

You can get a Meroos Garage Door module for HomeKit for ~ $40 bucks on Amazon and add this capability to your garage door. Then, get rid of the goofy little physical garage door opener all together - no need to have it on your visor or zip tied to your door net. (You could just drop it in your center console as a backup).

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe you can just buy the sun visor that has the homelink buttons on it and it's just plug and play - assuming your visor mirror is lighted.
But it is probably the most expensive option.
That's what I was planning to do...but haven't done it. Instead I've just been letting the remote "dent" the visor for the last 6 months lol.
Sponsored