First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's missing the 2 bolts (red) that tie it to the front bumper. And I dented the brackets behind the green circled bolts before punching a hole in the factory plastic skid. I wouldn't call this an improvement, most likely going to damage the intercooler if you hit something to hard.

41KnJDO6A9L._AC_SY350_~2.jpg
Fyi- The factory steel skid does not use the two front bolt locations like the stock plastic one. It only uses the middle and back pairs.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there an update?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fyi- The factory steel skid does not use the two front bolt locations like the stock plastic one. It only uses the middle and back pairs.
Yes and when the middle brackets fold you get a nice dented intercooler. If your buying a skid plate don't you want it to work?

PXL_20220717_180758764.jpg

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes and when the middle brackets fold you get a nice dented intercooler. If your buying a skid plate don't you want it to work?

Ford Bronco Amazon Skid Plate PXL_20220717_180758764
Your metal cloak skids didn't protect that? Or was this before you installed them?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your metal cloak skids didn't protect that? Or was this before you installed them?
Metalcloak doesn't have/come with a bash plate, I was running the factory plastic skid. I am also not sure when I dented my intercooler, the middle front skid plate brackets crunched in. Wish I took a picture... I only found out after I tore a hole in the plastic skid and took it off to melt the hole closed.

Ford Bronco Amazon Skid Plate 1664375920365

To stay on topic, the green mounting points are weaker than the factory plastic skid. When they crumple you will damage your intercooler that is why the red mounting points are so important.

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Metalcloak doesn't have/come with a bash plate, I was running the factory plastic skid. I am also not sure when I dented my intercooler, the middle front skid plate brackets crunched in. Wish I took a picture... I only found out after I tore a hole in the plastic skid and took it off to melt the hole closed.

Ford Bronco Amazon Skid Plate 1664375920365

To stay on topic, the green mounting points are weaker than the factory plastic skid. When they crumple you will damage your intercooler that is why the red mounting points are so important.

Can I ask a related question? I should (hopefully) be receiving my Bronco (BASESQUATCH w/ mod number) next month. I am considering the metalclaock system, as my understanding is the front bash plate is all I am going to get from Ford. Looking at the metal cloak instructions, it is written from people removing stock skids. Your (and my) base wouldn't have had any skids. Did you need any additional hardware to install the metalcloack? Did you have to remove the gas tank straps? Just trying to figure out how difficult install will be. Thanks!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can I ask a related question? I should (hopefully) be receiving my Bronco (BASESQUATCH w/ mod number) next month. I am considering the metalclaock system, as my understanding is the front bash plate is all I am going to get from Ford. Looking at the metal cloak instructions, it is written from people removing stock skids. Your (and my) base wouldn't have had any skids. Did you need any additional hardware to install the metalcloack? Did you have to remove the gas tank straps? Just trying to figure out how difficult install will be. Thanks!
You will need a couple of bolts, I can't remember the exact size, but they are the 2 that go in the transmission crossmember. You will have to remove one bolt at a time on the gas tank. Tank will come down but not enough that you can't re-thread the bolt back in.

Metalcloak undercloak is much easier to install if you don't have the factory fuel tank skid. My ordered Black Diamond came in so I got the pleasure of moving my skid plates over. Took about an hour to put them on, minus one bolt.

Here's my thread, I posted a few more pictures a few weeks back.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...skidplates-install-dents-wear-and-tear.46018/

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP, any updates on the fitment? I just installed the factory metal engine plate & transfer case skid to my non-SAS big bend. Would love to replace the bash plate to something a bit more durable than the plastic setup.
Sponsored