HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a dealership SM, if they didn't contact Ford than quit bashing Ford but rather put blame on the dealer, if anything reach out to the GM or Service Director above the manager if there is one. Lemon Law, buy back and all the other comments.... stop.

Call 1-800-392-3673 and ask for it to be escalated to a manager. You get more fly's with honey than with vinegar.

My .02 for what it's worth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's interesting how @Ford Motor Company hasn't shown up, 6 pages into this thread that's showcased on the top of the forum. Yet if someone posts about how their kitten, named Mitten's, fell asleep on the hood of their Bronco, they'd be in that thread within seconds commenting and asking for the cats VIN so they can help. :rolleyes:

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Bad Top.jpg
That is why you call Ford direct.

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a dealership SM, if they didn't contact Ford than quit bashing Ford but rather put blame on the dealer, if anything reach out to the GM or Service Director above the manager if there is one. Lemon Law, buy back and all the other comments.... stop.

Call 1-800-392-2673 and ask for it to be escalated to a manager. You get more fly's with honey than with vinegar.

But why do the logical or smart thing when you can join the masses in bashing Ford themselves, and not actually solving the problem (not targeting OP; just in general)? Seems to be a trend with forums; the one for my motorcycle is identical.

OP,

I've only put about 5k mi on my Bronco, but so far I've had zero issues, including the MIC. The majority of them are likely completely fine, but as others have stated, forums collect problems like crap collects flies. Right now, most of the aftermarket options cost more than I want to spend, or take features away I still want (I like the mid panel being removable).

The dealership denied your claim, so I'd start by taking it elsewhere, if you can. If they don't give you fuss about it, or at least try to contact Ford, the first dealership should lose your business. If you have anything pending through them, I'd cancel it.

If you get denied on multiple fronts (maybe their cousin runs the other dealership, etc.) then I'd do what HOSSMAN has suggested till you get an actual answer from Ford.

Also, not sure why people seem to be under the impression that Ford is obligated to watch all of these threads. This isn't the only site they're going to be monitoring. As someone who has worked with community managers and professional shit-posters, their job monitoring all this crap is not easy. Especially when half the user base takes a dump on them whenever someone has a problem. I personally wouldn't have the patience or fortitude to deal with some of y'all without going ballistic. 🤣

nx40yrs

Heritage
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Bad Top.jpg
My advise is to go directly to Ford Corporate Customer Care and lodge your concern. Keep escalating until you get the right answer. It might be fight but just consider it a challenge and see what happens. Speaking from experience. Good Luck

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try a different dealer. My '21 BD started to show delamination where the rear top edges were ground for the roof rack mounting points. Not major at first, but the openings have grown over time. Less than an 1/8" gap and 2" to 3" long. Took it to my dealer and they took pictures and sent them to Ford. Three days later they called and said a replacement top was on the way. It arrived 5 days later. The headliner had to be ordered separately. It was bo'ed but showed up last week. Scheduled for replacement next week. A good dealer will know how to get things done when they are willing. I think some are so busy that they avoid warranty if they can. Paying customers make them more money. If they are LUCKY they break even on warranty. Props to Cody at Corwin Ford.

OP
OP
Bronco B

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for all the input! Definitely have 2 other dealerships in mind to try, before escalating thru Ford. This exercise proved that I wasn't crazy and/or seeing things. However, I expected to see more similar issues to mine. I realize there are several hairline cracking and delamination threads, but never seen anything quite like this.

I think the jury still may be out on this quality concern, because I honestly did not see it until I backed into the garage and got that vantage point from above (walking out from my mudroom). It's always been garaged since day 1.

In summary, the Fox Ford dealership became self-contained experts in the top manufacturing process and considered this normal behavior. Due to that, they never forwarded the concern to Ford (so no Ford bashing on not honoring my particular issue here). With that said, the quality of these tops is 100% on Ford - not the dealership!

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was sure to share with Ford the collective opinion about "little things" wrong with their hard tops.
Ford Bronco Another Bad Hard Top That Ford Dealership Refuses to Fix Screenshot_20230524_120049_Instagram

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for all the input! Definitely have 2 other dealerships in mind to try, before escalating thru Ford. This exercise proved that I wasn't crazy and/or seeing things. However, I expected to see more similar issues to mine. I realize there are several hairline cracking and delamination threads, but never seen anything quite like this.

I think the jury still may be out on this quality concern, because I honestly did not see it until I backed into the garage and got that vantage point from above (walking out from my mudroom). It's always been garaged since day 1.

In summary, the Fox Ford dealership became self-contained experts in the top manufacturing process and considered this normal behavior. Due to that, they never forwarded the concern to Ford (so no Ford bashing on not honoring my particular issue here). With that said, the quality of these tops is 100% on Ford - not the dealership!
Very true. Ford made a bad product from the start and given the amount of attention these MIC tops have had since the launch it appears they are unwilling to or unable to put out a decent top.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe they are three model years in on these and are still having hardtop issues. Come on, Ford.

I wonder when a person will be able to order a soft top 2-door....
You can now!

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call 1-800-392-2673 and ask for it to be escalated to a manager. You get more fly's with honey than with vinegar.

That is why you call Ford direct.
Who refers you to the dealer. Useless!!

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for posting this information and the enlightening photos. I originally ordered a hard top, 4 door, Badlands on day 1 but later changed it to a soft top to get earlier delivery and because of the early hard top issues. What a shame that the hard top quality control is still so shoddy with at least some tops!

While I've had no issues with the soft top, I finally broke down and placed an oder for the Anderson Composites hard top earlier today. Expensive, but the early reviews are excellent, so I'm optimistic that it will be worth it and a better solution that the OEM top. I'll let you know once I receive it in approximately 12 weeks.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're dealing with a company that the CEO thinks they will be selling 2 million EV's by 2026!! They are lost! There is 110% NO EXCUSE for these tops to be junk this long into the game. The resources have been allocated in the wrong places due to poor management. Just facts. Ford is lost as a company. You can wait for customer service to step in like the hero and ask for your vin, but that's all dog and pony BS. Ford management cares about higher transaction prices, not quality. Farley thinks they'll sell all of these EV's at huge profit. Buckle up folks, it's gonna be a rough ride!!
Sponsored