Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NOTE TO ALL SEEKING WARRANTY WORK. Some, maybe all, manufacturers allow only so many $$ in warranty work each month for each dealership. I guess it’s to prevent dealerships from doing unessential warranty work.

The lesson is don’t go in for warranty work until the beginning of the month if at all possible. It works, I tried it.

BRON23

Wildtrak
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Bad Top.jpg
need to report
www.nhtsa.gov › recalls
try calling the executive office 313 .316.8280 at ford. Try to speak to someone there

Brumby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can send you a colorized picture of my wrinkly old arse to see if they can tell which is which.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NOTE TO ALL SEEKING WARRANTY WORK. Some, maybe all, manufacturers allow only so many $$ in warranty work each month for each dealership. I guess it’s to prevent dealerships from doing unessential warranty work.

The lesson is don’t go in for warranty work until the beginning of the month if ever at all possible. It works, I tried it.
There was a time long, long ago in Ford dealerships, (Like in the 80s), that warranty performance of dealerships was measured by total dollars spent in a period of time. Ford hasn’t measured warranty that way for about 30 years. It’s now measured by average cost per vehicle serviced. Timing of the repairs doesn’t make any difference. Ford made the changes in part to avoid the situation you are describing. The dealer you are talking about may have had some other reasons to put off the repairs.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that had the issue. Are you in four season climates? Wondering is this has to do with temperature changes (cold to hot) or excessive humidity/moisture. Either way it shouldn’t be happening but I’m just trying to see if there is a correlation with weather and the hard tops that is causing the separation/issue.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That shouldn't be normal on a $60k car
It's not a $60k vehicle though... It's a $30k vehicle (or whatever base costs now) with $30k in options. The top is the same regardless of trim.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not a $60k vehicle though... It's a $30k vehicle (or whatever base costs now) with $30k in options. The top is the same regardless of trim.
Lets say it a different way "That shouldn't be normal on any new vehicle", there we go. I think that works.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lets say it a different way "That shouldn't be normal on any new vehicle", there we go. I think that works.
It's not normal though, most tops are doing just fine. Everyone comes here to post if they're one of the unlucky ones with a bad top, and you're seeing all of those because it gets your attention and everyone else's. I haven't made a post about how my hard top has been great with none of the issues that hard tops have, so you're not getting the other side of that story from those of us that have nothing to post about. Same goes for the 2.7L dropping valves...you'd think every single one of them was going to explode if you based everything off what you read here. What's not normal is leaving all of these potential issues mostly unresolved with new builds, they're still just churning out the same tops with no revisions. It leads me to believe the cost of addressing the issue in production is more expensive than just giving people brand new hard tops in the hopes that they're not going to be in that 1% or whatever the failure rate might be.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not normal though, most tops are doing just fine. Everyone comes here to post if they're one of the unlucky ones with a bad top, and you're seeing all of those because it gets your attention and everyone else's. I haven't made a post about how my hard top has been great with none of the issues that hard tops have, so you're not getting the other side of that story from those of us that have nothing to post about. Same goes for the 2.7L dropping valves...you'd think every single one of them was going to explode if you based everything off what you read here. What's not normal is leaving all of these potential issues mostly unresolved with new builds, they're still just churning out the same tops with no revisions. It leads me to believe the cost of addressing the issue in production is more expensive than just giving people brand new hard tops in the hopes that they're not going to be in that 1% or whatever the failure rate might be.
Fingers crossed. I 100% agree. I too am a hard top 2.7 owner. No issues noted. But im only at 1800miles. Loving it so far.

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To BadlandsA51:

I know for a fact that some manufacturers to $$/mo for warranty work.

If a Ford dealer exceeds the average cost for warranty costs, what happens? What is the time frame of the calculation? Is there an incentive for being below average?

if there is a penalty for being over average and a reward for being under average, the it is a benefit to the dealership to do as little warranty work as possible. Plus, they’d have to hire fewer mechanics. Maybe this is why there are so many complaints about Ford dealerships refusing to do warranty work?

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Bad Top.jpg
3 months ago had my MIC top replaced, going to dealership tomorrow because new top has developed 3 white spots on the front passenger side panel. Last time my top was replaced dealership had my Bronco for 18 days.
Sponsored