subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the cracks are unwarrantable, then why don't they just install them from the factory so we know what we are getting.

You can't say here's your flawless top and then 3 months later you have cracks & that's normal.

Nothing a squirt gun in the interior insulation right before inspections wouldn't fix.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like some serious "off-roading" right there. Guess if I was as hardcore as you, I wouldn't care about cracks in my top either. Thanks for the deep insight on my hard top issue. Really helped clear things up for me.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is dumb. Looks like I'll just keep waiting until I can order an OEM ragtop on the 2-door....

XxxTowelie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good on you, this post doesn't pertain to you then. Others aren't willing to shell out $30k+ on a vehicle only to have manufacturer defects. I don't give a rats ass if it is intended to be an off road vehicle or not, I'm getting what I pay for without exception.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Instances like this is why I sold my MIC to the highest bidder… feel like it’s only a matter of time before the majority of these laminated cardboard tops start to have issues like this.

Sponsored

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a major and important difference between damage and/ or wear incurred by an owners own actions from off roading or what ever else they decide to do with their vehicle vs premature wear or defects that come from an issue related to manufacturing and or quality control. I don't know about you, but I like to be the one responsible for the condition of my vehicle regardless of what I decide to put it through.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just because it's an off-road vehicle doesn't mean people want it destroyed or damaged for no reason.
Right on…. Like saying my boots leek and the response is its for climbing dummy not for swimming…. How dare people expect some form of quality for the money they spend

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like some serious "off-roading" right there. Guess if I was as hardcore as you, I wouldn't care about cracks in my top either. Thanks for the deep insight on my hard top issue. Really helped clear things up for me.
You know your right I see a 3” stone must have been a doozy of a ride

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony of your post on people buying a Bronco to be seen….proceeds to post an irrelevant picture to the thread of their own Bronco trying to be cool “off-roading” (If you can even call what you’re doing off-road or four wheeling). That sounds a lot like someone trying to be seen….

Now if it’s ok with you, I’d like us to go back to discussing cracked hard tops. Enjoy your “rough country” out there. Make sure to keep it locked in 4 lo when you’re on those perfectly graded dirt roads.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have these hairline cracks as well, I intended to bring it in for warranty. Now I also have some scratches in my top from off-roading. I don't think that will prevent my dealer from addressing the issue, the crack appearance is well documented in the GSB. If a dealer refuses to warranty, bring it somewhere else.

@Squatch Bronc I don't see the point in gatekeeping a legitimate production issue and the desire to have quality parts. You sound like someone who works on a sick day.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can put a man on a moon (supposedly) but we can’t…
Sponsored