AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Technology rarely ages well. It's not the screen that will be dated, but the operating system will look like windows 98. Most likely in 15 years, we wont need our phones to access our music streaming. We will be able to stream all our services from the infotainment system. All our connection ports will be outdated, not to mention future tech that we can't even imagine. This high tech system will be the equivalent of a CD player in a car. I remember when I had my first car with a CD player. I thought it was awesome. Way better than my old tape player.
What's a CD player?

?
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I so want this screen. I know I would regret not getting it. But damn. All these extras I want are already are over $6k
A cheaper route is to enhance your 8 inch and I don't mean the use of a vacuum pump?

Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen IMG_2345.JPG

Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen IMG_2502.JPG

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You think this 12” screen is big, you should ride in a Tesla. I do think the larger screen is the wave of the future and will be better in the near term/now and more valuable at resale.

Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen 65815A4E-CA2A-4465-A0E3-84C5D0A7B530

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think this 12” screen is big, you should ride in a Tesla. I do think the larger screen is the wave of the future and will be better in the near term/now and more valuable at resale.

Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen 65815A4E-CA2A-4465-A0E3-84C5D0A7B530
it’s a must-have for me.

I did the same on my 2011 stang and haven’t regretted it one bit. It’s 10 years old and it still works great! Newer systems have better UI and enchanced features like pinch to zoom etc. but it’s still highly useful and doesn’t look dated.

looks far better than the afterthought aftermarket stuff people do or the tiny calculator screen of the old style radio head units to me. To each their own

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m ambivalent at this point about trail cam. I am however a bit of a map geek, deploying gps apps to know exactly where I am at in relation to where I think I am at. This is useful when hunting tags don’t happen every year, and the memory starts to play tricks, or the area scouted in the daylight has to be reached before sun up the next morning or finding camp after dark. A big map seems pretty badass.

Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th anniversary rubicon unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It probably sits up high enough to go over a winch. I have the forward facing camera on my Gladiator and it is high on the grill. The view looks just like this. You will just see the top of the winch in the bottom part of the screen, but it will still be totally usable.
Do u have the stock metal rubicon bumper. The two types they have shown for the bronco, either out further in front of the bumper. Or the one with it sitting on top, like on fords site.
i think that’s where the questions come in. The Jeeps winch is closer to the grill, and tucked down low in the bumper.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not gonna shell out the cash for High package when I can get a 12" screen from the aftermarket at some point. On top of that I can not stand the pre-collision assist on any vehicle, ever. If it's sensing technology is anything like my wifes 2018 Tiguan ( yes, I realize different manufactures ) than I can expect it to prevent acceleration at 4-way stops. I prefer less tech, not more in my vehicles. That being said, I am sure I am in the minority of this thinking.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do u have the stock metal rubicon bumper. The two types they have shown for the bronco, either out further in front of the bumper. Or the one with it sitting on top, like on fords site.
i think that’s where the questions come in. The Jeeps winch is closer to the grill, and tucked down low in the bumper.
you are right. I forgot my winch would sit way down in the bumper and the Broncos sits on top. That could be an issue. You may have to look for an aftermarket bumper to solve the camera issue.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The last vehicle from Ford that I had with a large screen was not able to be dimmed much for night time driving and it became a huge distraction from the glare. Can anyone with a newer Ford touchscreen confirm that at night these screens can go really dim? Where I live there are no street lights so the bright screen makes it hard to see out the window.
This screen had better dim with the headlight switch, AND have an easily-accessible way to turn it off entirely. Every other vehicle I’ve been in recently can do this.

Which Ford was it that couldn’t be dimmed or turned off?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This screen had better dim with the headlight switch, AND have an easily-accessible way to turn it off entirely. Every other vehicle I’ve been in recently can do this.

Focus and Edge both would only Dim slightly so even at lowest setting it was still pretty bright where it made seeing the dark roads hard. I thought maybe it was a setting I was missing but when I asked Ford they said that was how dim it got

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My 2011 stangs screen works just like this including a night mode or turning the screen completely off