Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I so want this screen. I know I would regret not getting it. But damn. All these extras I want are already are over $6k
Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can I just say..... I am so glad this 12 screen isn’t standard. I think it looks sooooo stupid!!! Everyone keeps fussing over this. I just hate it
Darlene, a great American philosopher FG once said, "My mama says, stupid is that stupid does!" ;)

Truer words were never spoken.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it and I'm probably paying for it :)
Well, by the logic of paying for what you don't want because it is bundled with the one thing that you do, why not get the Lux package so you will have the privilege of having a voice activated 12" Nav system in addition to a few additional things you can be forced to pay for that you don't need and that are not included in the middling High Package ! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, these packages are an insult.
Paying good money for something one desires is one thing, paying for the Lux package because the Universal Garage opener is only available as a privileged luxury is preposterous. How would you like to meet the bean counter responsible for this atrocity?:rolleyes:

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the first time I’ve seen the 12” screen next to a driver in a seat. It looks ridiculously too big even though it’s not erected on top of the dash like some other manufacturers.
Yup,not liking the big screen. Hard pass

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the inner door panel retract when closed?

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can I just say..... I am so glad this 12 screen isn’t standard. I think it looks sooooo stupid!!! Everyone keeps fussing over this. I just hate it
looks nice and easier to look at versus the smaller screen

Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen IMG_2493.JPG

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The last vehicle from Ford that I had with a large screen was not able to be dimmed much for night time driving and it became a huge distraction from the glare. Can anyone with a newer Ford touchscreen confirm that at night these screens can go really dim? Where I live there are no street lights so the bright screen makes it hard to see out the window.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 12” screen is awesome, want.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lux is the package for me. I want that adaptive cruise control and I'd like to future proof this vehicle as I plan to own it for 15 years
As someone who thought the same about owning my 2011 tahoe forever - never again. Vehicles are just not built to last forever.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who thought the same about owning my 2011 tahoe forever - never again. Vehicles are just not built to last forever.
Still got my 2002 F350 7.3L PowerStroke. Runs like a top! Only two major repairs:
- Trans gave up at 30K (covered under warranty
- Injector cup failure at 120K, I replaced all of them to be safe

Now, that said, the CD changer hasn't worked in years, the passenger door lock actuator has failed, and I had to replace the driver side window switch a long time ago.

When I bought that truck, my mind set was "I'm buying my last pickup". So far, so good.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine the list of people who said, "Sure glad I got the tiny screen!" is very long. ?

I get it's an extra expense and sometimes people have to make compromises, but as you've shown, a tiny screen is one sure-fire way to make your car look dated. Almost 7 years on, the 8" screen in our current car at least looks "standard" vs. the teeny tiny base screens.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That there is Chevy thinking. Our 2004 F-150 that is now in my daughter's hands begs to differ. ?

Last edited:

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That there is Chevy thinking. Our 2004 F-150 that is no in my daughter's hands begs to differ. ?
I guess we all have different levels of acceptability. Power folding mirrors went out at 3 years, door handles constantly break (cheap plastic molding in grommets), dashboard cracked to all hell, doors hold enough water after it rains to last a 100 days in the desert (clogged weep holes), bushings need replacing (which is normal)...id rather just switch back to trading in every 2-3 years and not deal with it. ....my first Chevy - had 3 mustangs prior. ?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What I would like to know is where this camera sits on the vehicle. My fear is that if I put a winch on the front bumper, this camera will be obscured... Screen grab from video below - I believe you can see the front bumper fish eyed. Not 100% certain as don't see front of this Bronco... but if it's in this location, that sucks if you want a winch or bumper swap...
Ford Bronco Another Look at Front Facing Trail Camera on Bronco 12" Screen IMG_2493.JPG
It probably sits up high enough to go over a winch. I have the forward facing camera on my Gladiator and it is high on the grill. The view looks just like this. You will just see the top of the winch in the bottom part of the screen, but it will still be totally usable.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Technology rarely ages well. It's not the screen that will be dated, but the operating system will look like windows 98. Most likely in 15 years, we wont need our phones to access our music streaming. We will be able to stream all our services from the infotainment system. All our connection ports will be outdated, not to mention future tech that we can't even imagine. This high tech system will be the equivalent of a CD player in a car. I remember when I had my first car with a CD player. I thought it was awesome. Way better than my old tape player.
Sponsored