First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well now I’m frustrated. I’m trying to order from the Rokblokz website and it won’t let me place the item in my cart. I’ve tried from both my iPad and desktop. I wonder it they are out of stock. Altough it doesn’t say they are out of stock. I sent and email to them but I don’t expect to hear anything from them until Monday.
I’m in the same boat as you (SAS, BL, etc). Decided on the same brand as you, but which size is best? Love to see photos of the size differences on SAS. I live in a snowy area and like to have both paint/mud/slush protection as well as easy on/off for wheeling.
Sponsored

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know there are a ton of threads here on mud flaps. I think I read them all. I chose to post a new thread so this didn’t get buried in one of the existing threads. I have a four door Badlands, with Sasquatch and lux packages headed to my dealer on a train as we speak, I’ll be using my Bronco for wheeling in the sand and snow so I need a flap that is easily removable. Also ease of installation and removal is important and the quality and sturdiness of the flap and mounting hardware is important. After researching the following makes here are my observations:

Gatorbacks $985 (f+r)

The bottom of the flap can be removed for extra clearance when wheeling which is a very cool feature. The installation is more time consuming than some others. The price is prohibitively expensive.

IAG Performance $149 (f+r)

Appears to be the easiest to install and the price is right. Looks good and appears to have good coverage.

RockBlokz xl $399 (f+r)

The initial installation is a little more complicated than some others. The flaps are the easiest to remove with the thumbscrews. However some have said the thumbscrews loosen up over time. Rockblokz also provides bolts that can be used in place of the thumbscrews. The flaps are flexible.

Rekgens xl $233 (f)

Not available for the rear of a Badlands Sasquatch. I emailed Rekgen asking when they would be available for the rear. Got a quick but not particularly helpful response that said, “We should have something in the next few months.” The installation for the front seems not quite as good as some other brands as it uses spacers to align the flaps.

Weathertech $111 (f+r)

These are the least expensive of the brands I researched. They are no drill and installation appears to be easy. As others have stated the is a pretty good gap between the flap and the flair which would seem to allow rocks to get through the gap and hit the body.

Mabett $139 (f+r)

These are the second least expensive of the brands I researched. They are an easy install and look good. However the front flaps appear to be too short to provide good protection on a Sasquatch package. Hopefully Mabett with come out with an xl version.

At this point I’m leaning toward IAG and Rockblokz. Please chime in with you opinions/experience with these flaps. Also please post here if I got anything wrong.
I’m confused by rekgen stating they don’t have ‘‘em yet for the rear wheels. I have a SAS wildtrak and put rekgen flaps on all fours about 20,000 miles ago. Rekgens, combined with after-market running boards (go rhino) did the trick. Not a single rock chip at 22,000 miles (Including substantial off-road, including bombing around on forestry roads and defunct logging roads at higher speeds).

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m running Mabetts on the front only on a stock BadSquatch. They work fine for rock protection from the tires. I wish they were 2”-3” longer though, mud hits and collects on the inside of the door handles.

Ford Bronco Another thread about mud flaps. 2D9DE390-E6A4-433E-A812-5228019F4A99

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just FYI the Mabett and IAG mud flaps appear to be the same aside from the logos (and maybe some slight hardware changes, not sure), so if you're concerned about the coverage on the Mabett mud flaps you'll have the same issue with the IAG and vice versa.
Amazon also posts "SNA Mudflaps" (below)which seem to be identical to the Mabett/IAG product for (currently) $99. I broke a Mabett front flap (careless with wheel turn during installation). Mabett @Amazon would sell me the front two for 89, but "SNA" gives me all 4 (plus hardware) for $10 more. Thus, I have 3 spares, as I expect to bust them on rocks. I found some of the bolts hard to get threaded on the fender clips.

I combine them with the iAG full-length removable step, which sure keeps the mud off the Bronco--but it sure accumulates on the bottom of the step!

Mabett's rust-prone hardware has been the subject of numerous posts. On thebronconation, "Jason" of Mabett has offered to provide upgraded bolts for free. I requested them, and they arrived from China in three weeks, not bad. For me, its too early to tell if they'll rust. If you like the Mabett/iAG/SNA --can't argue with the price!--the prudent thing is to get to your hardware store and replace them with stainless.

https://smile.amazon.com/Compatible...a+bronco+mudflaps+bronco,automotive,97&sr=1-1

Ford Bronco Another thread about mud flaps. 1674420651503

OP
OP

Blue Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m confused by rekgen stating they don’t have ‘‘em yet for the rear wheels. I have a SAS wildtrak and put rekgen flaps on all fours about 20,000 miles ago. Rekgens, combined with after-market running boards (go rhino) did the trick. Not a single rock chip at 22,000 miles (Including substantial off-road, including bombing around on forestry roads and defunct logging roads at higher speeds).
IDK... The Rekgen website says they are available front and rear for the Wildtrak but only available front for the Badland Sas.

Sponsored

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been running Broflaps (found on Etsy and made by a member) for about 2 months now. Love how minimal they are but still do the job. Super easy install and were pretty cheap. Only gripe is the fronts require a small self tapping screw into the underside of the flare. Wasn’t thrilled about that on a 2 day old rig but it’s pretty unnoticeable. I still get rocks bouncing off my running boards but no chips on the doors so far.
Ford Bronco Another thread about mud flaps. 5E1513A4-C3BF-4AE7-ADFC-DBD2916E0ED9
Ford Bronco Another thread about mud flaps. 02E10A51-7518-4954-8360-22EEBD02A2F4
Ford Bronco Another thread about mud flaps. EE80E9E3-A4B7-4326-B190-71B49E2E3D4A

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol,a grand for gatorbaks front and back. Rediculous pricing. Im sorry,they are just mudflaps.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Weathertech; front only. No-drill install and reasonably priced. I actually dig the gap because it doesn't look like you have oddly-long front fenders like a skirt. I plan to install the factory running boards as well, which should add more than enough extra protection.
Same, front only. They look much better in person then any pic I have seen. I also didn't like that weird long fender flare look most other flaps create. I have rock rails, so it looks like the flap is part of the rail instead of the flare. I prefer that look. The gap has been a non issue for me.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDK... The Rekgen website says they are available front and rear for the Wildtrak but only available front for the Badland Sas.
Isn't the rear bumper on the Wildtrak plastic vs the metal one used on the Badlands?

Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have installed the IAG flaps. Easy install and seem sturdy. I like them. I mainly got them to keep snow and slush off the side rather than mud and has been working great. IAG has been great to work with. I also have their side steps that mount directly to the rock slider. They are great as well.

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Weathertech; front only. No-drill install and reasonably priced. I actually dig the gap because it doesn't look like you have oddly-long front fenders like a skirt. I plan to install the factory running boards as well, which should add more than enough extra protection.
Same here. They have an indention that works with rock sliders. They were easy to install, and look pretty cool. The gap is kinda odd, but it does eliminate the look of continuation from fender flare. I do not intend to remove them for any rock crawling….I have a wildtrak after all.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn't the rear bumper on the Wildtrak plastic vs the metal one used on the Badlands?
That is correct, I'm hoping to get a take off steel rear bumper off of a BL or BD.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score