First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've gone through these threads and honestly with all the metric numbers combined with standard numbers and offsets and combos I'm a bit confused. So please forgive me for asking a question that's probably been asked and I can't find

So my wife wants to put larger tires on her stock big bend. She wants it to look more like a sasquatched. But she doesn't want thr tires to stick past the flares more than an inch.

So would a factory offset, 10 inch wide wheel and a 35x12.50 tire be too wide?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 12.5" wide tire on the BB OEM wheels and stock suspension height will most likely rub. A 35" x 10.5" would give the look but still may have a chance of rubbing w/o a small lift.

OP
OP

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A 12.5" wide tire on the BB OEM wheels and stock suspension height will most likely rub. A 35" x 10.5" would give the look but still may have a chance of rubbing w/o a small lift.
Thanks for your reply. However I mentioned changing the wheels to a 10 inch wide wheel. With a factory offset. I guessing it would still rub? Even if I removed the crash bars? Or if I added a 2 inch lift

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for your reply. However I mentioned changing the wheels to a 10 inch wide wheel. With a factory offset. I guessing it would still rub? Even if I removed the crash bars? Or if I added a 2 inch lift
You mean 17x10 wheels having +55mm offset and 35x12.50 tires? Some people here run that size tire with 17x8/8.5 +55mm wheels. A few have mentioned rubbing the front sway bar at full lock. But otherwise on the street at least, they seem to do ok. Your wider 10 inch wheel will spread the tire out a bit more, possibly causing increased contact with the sway bar or other parts.

OP
OP

Mattsn

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You mean 17x10 wheels having +55mm offset and 35x12.50 tires? Some people here run that size tire with 17x8/8.5 +55mm wheels. A few have mentioned rubbing the front sway bar at full lock. But otherwise on the street at least, they seem to do ok. Your wider 10 inch wheel will spread the tire out a bit more, possibly causing increased contact with the sway bar or other parts.
I never thought a 12.5 with tire would fit on a 8 " wheel, atleast without crowning the center. Thanks for that heads up.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assumed the factory +55 BB offset. With the Squatch +30 offset you may be able to sneak by with a 10.5" wide tire but I'd drop down to 9" wide wheel max.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never thought a 12.5 with tire would fit on a 8 " wheel, atleast without crowning the center. Thanks for that heads up.
I'm currently running 315/70R17 Territory tires (12.4 inch width) on 17x8 wheels. 8 inch wheel is within the tire maker recommendation. Haven't experienced crowning, but I've only been running this setup for a few months, and I don't keep the tire pressure way up at max. (Note: my wheels are +42mm offset, but as mentioned some forum members have reported running +55mm offset on the street without issue.)

I think Sas 35" tires are on 17x8.5 wheels? Check the tire brand model you choose and match up with your selected wheel width. Back in the day 33x12.5 tires were popular on 15x8 wheels.

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes the factory SAS wheel is 8.5.

315mm/12.5in tire on an 8 inch wheel will be just fine and give it a more "offroady look" .

315mm/12.5in tire on 9.5 or 10in Wide wheels IMO will give it more a "street" look.

With the same offset, a wider wheel with the same tires doesnt affect the poke that much because in the end, the tire centers intself on the wheel. However where the tire beads at the wheel will be more concave or convex, changing the appearance or the look of the sidewall ans maybe affectig the poke some but not that much.

If you want to run 315/12.5 width tires and dont want the poke to be more than one inch on your non-sas flares... you need to stay around and above the 33mm offset that the SAS wheels comes with.

Last edited:

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gone through these threads and honestly with all the metric numbers combined with standard numbers and offsets and combos I'm a bit confused. So please forgive me for asking a question that's probably been asked and I can't find

So my wife wants to put larger tires on her stock big bend. She wants it to look more like a sasquatched. But she doesn't want thr tires to stick past the flares more than an inch.

So would a factory offset, 10 inch wide wheel and a 35x12.50 tire be too wide?

What size are the Factory Big Bend wheels you currently have? 17s?

How about a 285/75/17 tire on your factory wheels? Almost as tall as the Sasquatch tires but more narrow to fit your current wheels. Install a tire like a Toyo ATIII and you will have the more aggressive look too.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What size are the Factory Big Bend wheels you currently have? 17s?

How about a 285/75/17 tire on your factory wheels? Almost as tall as the Sasquatch tires but more narrow to fit your current wheels. Install a tire like a Toyo ATIII and you will have the more aggressive look too.
This. It doesn't take much to improve the look compared to the stock Duelers. They have a very narrow for size tread with a rounded shoulder. I went 265's which technically are only 1/2" wider but measure 1.5" wider, with a more aggressive tread and they look great.

Sponsored

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
315/70r17 on 17x7.5 wheel