Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why do people not like the antenna i think it looks cool
I agree...looks good and multi-functional. However, to your question...there is not a single element on the vehicle that is not complained about on here by somebody. Every single thing. Stitching. Doors. Soft top. Hard top. Hitch. Carpet. No carpet. Leather. No leather. Plastic. Wheelbase too long. Wheelbase too short. IFS. Colors. Transmission. Both engines. Trim colors. Too many options. Too few options. Mirrors. Wipers. Cup holders. I could go on all day....but of course the antenna also gets its complaints, as there is no way someone would leave a detail off that they can complain about. Itā€™s just the nature of things...if it didnā€™t have the antenna up front...I may complain as I like it for reasons stated above. Thatā€™s the way it goes.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree...looks good and multi-functional. However, to your question...there is not a single element on the vehicle that is not complained about on here by somebody. Every single thing. Stitching. Doors. Soft top. Hard top. Hitch. Carpet. No carpet. Leather. No leather. Plastic. Wheelbase too long. Wheelbase too short. IFS. Colors. Transmission. Both engines. Trim colors. Too many options. Too few options. Mirrors. Wipers. Cup holders. I could go on all day....but of course the antenna also gets its complaints, as there is no way someone would leave a detail off that they can complain about. Itā€™s just the nature of things...if it didnā€™t have the antenna up front...I may complain as I like it for reasons stated above. Thatā€™s the way it goes.
i mean there must be a reason?

does it break off or something?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we should go back in time where antennas retracted when not in use? Best of both worldsā€¦

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was out shooting one day, got a jam, unscrewed the antenna from my F250 to clear, very handy.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lack of testosterone apparently. I remember the days when most guys didn't care about anything beyond "does it run?"

It's the next conspiracy about "them" putting hormones in the Water to make all the men passive. It doesn't work, instead makes them whiny little ......ches. :cautious: and I mean about everything as you've pointed out.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The tall antenna on the F150 can get caught and whip hard enough to crack your windshield.

In this day and age where everyone is using their phones for music it is just not needed.

why do people not like the antenna i think it looks cool

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Earlier in the days of the Bronco 6G discussions, we all talked about the antenna. Many (myself included) were in the camp of ā€œwho uses the radio?! Iā€™ll stream from my phone!ā€ Some in early review videos were talking about cutting off the antenna with bolt cutters as they claimed to have done on their Jeepsā€¦

Good news: I went to the Bronco Event at Colonial Ford yesterday in Danbury, CT and found out that it twists right off. I forgot to take a pic but I was able to loosen and remove it by hand without any tools. Youā€™ll want to get a finely threaded bolt and a cover but you donā€™t need bolt cutters!

For those of use who live in The Year of Our Lord 2021 where the internet exists, you can remove the antenna, the doors, hook up CarPlay and bump Taylor Swift or AC/DC
to your hearts content lol
I noticed a lot about that area at my dealer event May 12th but didnā€™t post because I figured there just had to be a slew of that talk on here already but guess not? But I never even considered that it wasnā€™t removable I just always knew I was going to replace it with a stubby. However what I found more interesting is the space around the antenna where you can mount at least 2-4 other accessories (including both sides) and still without removing the antenna if you also needed it and you still have the hood tie downs. Hope this is a good enough pic to show, but I thought it was a cool feature . (Big Bend VB No Sas Mid Package, Manual)

Ford Bronco Antenna is Removable! AB309298-5AD3-4DA2-B129-0487C2A12763

Ford Bronco Antenna is Removable! 9C9456D8-4183-4C72-8B38-0C10CEE6E2D7

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tall antenna on the F150 can get caught and whip hard enough to crack your windshield.

In this day and age where everyone is using their phones for music it is just not needed.
Shh... thereā€™re people tricking themselves into feeling more manly by not caring about it. Donā€™t ruin it for them.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shh... thereā€™re people tricking themselves into feeling more manly by not caring about it. Donā€™t ruin it for them.
Too late!

I am just so damn proud of this big ole bulge I gots by not caring about it! šŸ˜™

Just put some pod lights there and presto! Like magix, you will no longer care about that antenna anyway.

Bigger question is, where are you going to put either your Ham or GMRS antenna? Now that is a conversation worth having.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can remove most modern Ford antennas.
You say "modern" but I really don't think they have changed the pattern in a half century or more. (other than it's almost certainly metric thread now, not SAE)

The one on my wife's 2020 F-150 isn't really different than the one on my 69 F-250 I drove in college.
Sponsored