TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always assumed every antenna of this type is removable. Have transferred the same stubby between a couple F-150s and Jeeps over the last decade.
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep!

Just screws right off. I believe Ford even designed its shape at the base to be more easily grasped and removed without tools.

And if you still want some antenna but not the stock one, you can replace it with an aftermarket unit.
I’m working on an external Cup Holder which can be screwed into the antenna opening!

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody know if the antenna threads are the same between Ford vehicles? Just replaced the one on my F150 with a stubby, curious if I can use the same one on the Bronco.
I've put stubby antennas on a number of Ford's and yet to come across 2 that are the same so I wouldn't count on it. Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly the same as the one on the Ranger or current F150...

Cravenspeed makes the best stubbys and I'm sure they'll have one for the Bronco before long.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I request an antenna delete and get my Bronco sooner? Will that make me a VIP?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't anyone else remember when they left the antennas off the early units and the spaz out when the first one was seen with the antenna installed?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was this ever in question? Every vehicle I've owned except one had a screw off antenna. The one that didn't was a fully loaded '73 T Bird that had a recessed antenna that extended when the radio was turned on. That '73 was more plush than many vehicle today. The 460 dual quad setup was nice too.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Arent most antennas
  • removeable
  • standard threads between OE's

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree...looks good and multi-functional. However, to your question...there is not a single element on the vehicle that is not complained about on here by somebody. Every single thing. Stitching. Doors. Soft top. Hard top. Hitch. Carpet. No carpet. Leather. No leather. Plastic. Wheelbase too long. Wheelbase too short. IFS. Colors. Transmission. Both engines. Trim colors. Too many options. Too few options. Mirrors. Wipers. Cup holders. I could go on all day....but of course the antenna also gets its complaints, as there is no way someone would leave a detail off that they can complain about. It’s just the nature of things...if it didn’t have the antenna up front...I may complain as I like it for reasons stated above. That’s the way it goes.
I'm curious why no one has complained about the location of the license plate. Can we get a thread dedicated to this travesty please? Why is it located on the left side instead of the right? I have a vanity plate and I don't think it will be as visible on the left as opposed to on the right. I'm highly upset that Ford did not allow us to customize this option. And I'm quite perturbed that you left it off of your list here.

Ford Bronco Antenna is Removable! 2021-ford-bronco-teaser

I'm OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic here. If you didn't pick up on that please go buy a Honda instead.
Sponsored