Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are both the top options smooth finish? Sorry if it's been answered/known but don't remember reading it. If the top is smooth then it's fairly easy to keep clean and hopefully if it is and doesn't come in white then getting it painted or wrapped will be an easy endeavor.
Ah yes, wrapping it. I assumed it would be a rough finish, but we'll find out. I plan on wrapping the body in clear ppf. So maybe get the black/gray top then wrap in white. Can remove when the mood changes.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In case y’all didn’t see this:
Thanks! I'm lucky here in SC to have more sunny days than overcast/cloudy and it really does pop in the sunlight.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are both the top options smooth finish? Sorry if it's been answered/known but don't remember reading it. If the top is smooth then it's fairly easy to keep clean and hopefully if it is and doesn't come in white then getting it painted or wrapped will be an easy endeavor.
WIll wrap stick to the top and flares, whatever type of plastic it is?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

WIll wrap stick to the top and flares, whatever type of plastic it is?
They wrap cars now which include the plastic bumpers and trim pieces, have seen dash faces and interior trim done as well. I wouldn't think it'd be an issue as long as you have a nice smooth surface to work with, the painted modular top looks smooth in all the photo's I've seen but haven't seen anything closeup of the standard hard top. As for the flares, same goes with the texture but the OB has painted flares so if you can paint it then you should be able to wrap it as well. Either way I'd think flexibility would be the concern and would think a vinyl wrap would expand/stretch better but who knows.

If Ford doesn't offer either of these in white it'll get resolved quick enough in the aftermarket and you can buy white flares all day long for the EB.

Edit: Here's a good video from 3M of what you can and can't wrap

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They wrap cars now which include the plastic bumpers and trim pieces, have seen dash faces and interior trim done as well. I wouldn't think it'd be an issue as long as you have a nice smooth surface to work with, the painted modular top looks smooth in all the photo's I've seen but haven't seen anything closeup of the standard hard top. As for the flares, same goes with the texture but the OB has painted flares so if you can paint it then you should be able to wrap it as well. Either way I'd think flexibility would be the concern and would think a vinyl wrap would expand/stretch better but who knows.

If Ford doesn't offer either of these in white it'll get resolved quick enough in the aftermarket and you can buy white flares all day long for the EB.

Edit: Here's a good video from 3M of what you can and can't wrap

Thank you for the info and video William, very informative!

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how do you wrap the top if you have the high package? The underside has sound deadening, presumably glued on. You cant wrap the underside, and would likely see the vinyl edges around the interior perimeter.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

how do you wrap the top if you have the high package? The underside has sound deadening, presumably glued on. You cant wrap the underside, and would likely see the vinyl edges around the interior perimeter.
There's tons of video out there on the wrapping process, it doesn't literally mean wrapping like a present, it's just a vinyl sticker applied on top of the surface you want covered. They are really good at going around trim, gutters, etc. and tucking or wrapping around items but yes, if you start opening doors you will see a color mismatch but it's usually a good clean line break.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you want to wrap the interior?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would you want to wrap the interior?
Given the removable panels, i would probably just want to wrap the whole thing. The white top on the concept is white underneath too.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case y’all didn’t see this:
Wooow this is extremely helpful but also just made my decision very hard to make. I’d love to see a Area 51 body and a white top IRL outside and inside. I think I would be swayed from antimatter blue. BUT seeing antimatter blue like this reminds me of my first mustang color and I would be more than happy with that color.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wooow this is extremely helpful but also just made my decision very hard to make. I’d love to see a Area 51 body and a white top IRL outside and inside. I think I would be swayed from antimatter blue. BUT seeing antimatter blue like this reminds me of my first mustang color and I would be more than happy with that color.
No prob! It helped me a lot too so I had to share haha. Thanks to the OP!!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you get a picture of a real Bronco in Antimatter Blue? Not the website picture on page 1. Prefer a side picture.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1F50E239-4FA3-480F-9F3D-D5B3041A8175.jpeg
Those worried about cleaning....
My Camaro is black and 7 years old now. Looks better than it did brand new. I put a ceramic coating on it about 3 years ago and then got a foam canon for a touch less wash. The trick is a big woolly mammoth towel and dragging it one way to dry... no swirls. Time it take me to have it looking like it’s been waxed all week (plus clean wheels that are a PIA) is about 40 minutes. That’s under 3 hours per month.
for what I’m going to use this for it may not look as good (scratches etc) but I love the dark colors and with a little know how they are just as easy to keep looking great
I live in the country, it would look like that for about thirty minutes.

JerseyRuss

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
interesting.... the sun helps the antimatter out quite a bit. wish they included the antimatter blue gas cans in the recent sample pics
Sponsored