saxguy09

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badsquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of my 2024 Badlands Sasquatch in February. I love it. It’s every thing I want out of an “off-road” vehicle. Well except maybe a raptor. I have recommended them to numerous people from my local Jeep and off road community.

Two weeks ago, around 2700 miles, I received a suite of warnings on the dash and limp mode. After shutting the vehicle down and restarting only ABS, traction control lights remained. Typical signs of wheel speed sensor failure. My dealer found the right rear sensor bad but, it also had a decent piece of metal on the magnetic end (worrisome). Dealer said no worries on that….no ETA on a new sensor but my wife happens to be the sales manager and they had a new Bronco down with other issues so they “borrowed” a sensor from it to get me on my way (had a small overland trip the next day).

Now at 3000 I have a parking brake fault and the parking brake will not engage. I know neither of these issues are critical but, I’m really starting to lose my faith in this vehicle. Especially since I do mildly off road it, often times with my young son. How long before it leaves me stranded on a trail somewhere?

Do I have any grounds to ask Ford for any type of assistance? I have no dealer complaints and I love my Ford vehicles. Unfortunately I’m losing faith in the quality and ruggedness of this Bronco….
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So your wife’s a SM of the ford dealership?

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As crazy as it sounds, you may be having issues related to a low/failing battery. Issues with the brake module are a relatively common symptom. You may need to have the battery replaced - mine was reading low/bad using a DMM (digital multimeter), but the vehicle started and ran OK other than the brake faults. If you are not driving it every day or short distances only, keep it on a battery maintainer. With all the periodically active electronics, it does drain that battery and they are proving to be not very robust. Some added accessories can be a source of unintended drainage as well.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far they have made you whole, they are non related issues and they are doing so quickly. You have no grounds with only 2 separate issues.

Quality is a tricky thing, but the reality is when you make enough of anything, some are going to have issues. It sucks when it happens to you but it does happen, no matter what the product is and who makes it, Tesla, Apple , and every other company that mass produces.

Could you have a lemon - it's possible, but 2 problems are not enough, too soon to make that call. And chances are slim.

Enjoy your Bronco, and don't worry about getting stranded so much, just be prepared - which you should be anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP

saxguy09

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badsquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far they have made you whole, they are non related issues and they are doing so at a very expectable rate. You have no grounds with only 2 separate issues.

Quality is a tricky thing, but the reality is when you make enough of anything, some are going to have issues. It sucks when it happens to you but it does happen, no matter what the product is and who makes it, Tesla, Apple , and every other company that mass produces.

Could you have a lemon - it's possible, but 2 problems are not enough, too soon to make that call. And chances are slim.

Enjoy your Bronco, and don't worry about getting stranded so much, just be prepared - which you should be anyway.
Yeah. I’m super happy with the rate things are being solved but had my wife not be an employee I’d still be waiting on a wheel speed sensor which is kind of insane to me . This isn’t my first run in with ford quality. I had an f-150 with numerous sync related issues and a mustang with tons of engine problems. A friend just had his ordered f-150 taken back by ford because it came off the truck with a leaking heater core. But overall I like ford vehicles and I get a great deal with d plan. But with the amount of electrical gremlins these things seem to have, it’s impossible to be prepared for that.

I love my bronco but within 3000 miles I’m not thrilled with how things are going. Oddly enough both times I’ve had issues I was leaving the ford lot after visiting my wife. It’s like it knows 🤣. Hopefully this is a quick fix or a simple battery issue.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your wife is the sales manager, she should know the answer or be able to find out through service but short answer is probably, no. Ford is less inclined to feel sorry for dealer personnel than a retail customer when considering something like a goodwill powertrain ESP. I'd make the assumption the park brake issue is probably related to the the last issue but without running a VHR it's only speculation.

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have added above…the brake mode is likely the input for the wheel speed sensors and controls TC/RSC, so this is possibly all one issue. Bad battery, bad ebcm, or possibly something else draining more current than normal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I took delivery of my 2024 Badlands Sasquatch in February. I love it. It’s every thing I want out of an “off-road” vehicle. Well except maybe a raptor. I have recommended them to numerous people from my local Jeep and off road community.

Two weeks ago, around 2700 miles, I received a suite of warnings on the dash and limp mode. After shutting the vehicle down and restarting only ABS, traction control lights remained. Typical signs of wheel speed sensor failure. My dealer found the right rear sensor bad but, it also had a decent piece of metal on the magnetic end (worrisome). Dealer said no worries on that….no ETA on a new sensor but my wife happens to be the sales manager and they had a new Bronco down with other issues so they “borrowed” a sensor from it to get me on my way (had a small overland trip the next day).

Now at 3000 I have a parking brake fault and the parking brake will not engage. I know neither of these issues are critical but, I’m really starting to lose my faith in this vehicle. Especially since I do mildly off road it, often times with my young son. How long before it leaves me stranded on a trail somewhere?

Do I have any grounds to ask Ford for any type of assistance? I have no dealer complaints and I love my Ford vehicles. Unfortunately I’m losing faith in the quality and ruggedness of this Bronco….
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
This post gave me a Hmmm? moment. I've seen quite a number of posts by ford Motor Company requesting VINs but I don't recall ever seeing anyone post a follow up stating doing this was helpful. Maybe it's all behind the scenes magic but it seems to me it would be really good PR if FMC or the OP would post some positive feedback.

Blew Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various makes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I can look into your Bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This post gave me a Hmmm? moment. I've seen quite a number of posts by ford Motor Company requesting VINs but I don't recall ever seeing anyone post a follow up stating doing this was helpful. Maybe it's all behind the scenes magic but it seems to me it would be really good PR if FMC or the OP would post some positive feedback.
They would need to do something positive, in order to to have positive feedback... The bot just collects vins.
Sponsored