Sponsored

Any idea what I'm doing wrong with my ARB compressor wiring?

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm taking advantage of Father's Day to install the ARB dual compressor I bought with the 4x4LED bracket. I thought things went smoothly until I sarted my Bronco and found that the compressor runs as soon as I start the engine and continues regardless of switch position - I'm using the Aux 6 switch.

While I'm relatively handy I am the first to admit that electrical work regularly defeats me.

I ran the large harness from the compressor to the battery and connected two red and two black wires to the positive and negative terminals.

I then ran the switch wiring from the compressor to the Aux wires, and thinking I'm following the instructions correctly, I taped away three wires, and connected the remaining purple wire from the switch wiring to the yellow wire of the Bronco (Aux 6).
Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need schematics or pictures to see what went wrong.

No offense but to me, I haven't put this in before but no matter, it's like saying "I put the thing on the thing for the thing then I put this thing over here." and trying to show the venn diagram to a blind man.

OP
OP
kccougar

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oops. May have just answered my own question. Aux 6 is yellow/orange, not yellow. Back to the garage to try that again.

OP
OP
kccougar

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need schematics or pictures to see what went wrong.

No offense but to me, I haven't put this in before but no matter, it's like saying "I put the thing on the thing for the thing then I put this thing over here." and trying to show the venn diagram to a blind man.
I realize that. Sorry. I figured those who have been through the install would know what I was talking about.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oops. May have just answered my own question. Aux 6 is yellow/orange, not yellow. Back to the garage to try that again.
I realize that. Sorry. I figured those who have been through the install would know what I was talking about.
Lol no worries man, good luck...

Schematics and pics would still help, because it sounds like you're still going to have that issue assuming all your switches were in the off position.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kccougar

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was the problem. Aux 6 power is the yellow/orange wire at the firewall, not the yellow wire. I connected the compressor's purple wire to the correct Aux wire and everything works as it should.

akusp

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F140
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the brackets and compressor but it wouldn't run. I flipped the aux switch off and the compressor ran. I chased this problem around in my head for awhile. Turns out I did everything properly but the Aux switches were all in the on position and I didn't realize it because I had nothing wired to them. Duh. 😂

OP
OP
kccougar

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the brackets and compressor but it wouldn't run. I flipped the aux switch off and the compressor ran. I chased this problem around in my head for awhile. Turns out I did everything properly but the Aux switches were all in the on position and I didn't realize it because I had nothing wired to them. Duh. 😂
I actually had the same momentary confusion when I first hooked mine up because from the day I got the Bronco all the Aux switches were in the "back" position, which I had just assumed was the off position.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you flip your upfitters ON, they light up btw :)