Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't 50k because it's a luxury vehicle. It's a heavy duty off-road capable vehicle. If you want the SUV with a luxury feel, buy that. But it won't be made for off-road. If you want both, that'll be 100k.
I'm so agree with you! Nowadays cars are expensive for many reasons, but still we're gonna keep complaining because we're paying top dollar for the Broncos or any other car, but that's the way it is.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s a recent discussion on it....
Could be completely fine but it’s a potential issue that’s present :/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/washout-floors-removable-swapable.14960/
Everything is a "potential issue." The OP of that post included some pretty shitty pictures of something no one can identify. Now, out of nowhere, the floors are an issue. Instead of flipping out over bad pictures and uninformed opinions, we should all just chill out with all the negativity.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMO, the smart money will be to get one to use off road. The best and fancy interior is not up to par. Concentrate on fun with it, top and doors off. If ya want lux off road get a Rover or defender. Lexus might be even better. Get a 2 door base Sasq, 2.7, auto, Rapid Red. Take the roof off and have a fun car anywhere. It's retro look will turn heads for a long time.
That was my take exactly. The bronco isn't going to be what I take my wife to dinner in.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything is a "potential issue." The OP of that post included some pretty shitty pictures of something no one can identify. Now, out of nowhere, the floors are an issue. Instead of flipping out over bad pictures and uninformed opinions, we should all just chill out with all the negativity.
according to the OP of that photo, that was taking out of a base bronco. read the last few comments on that thread

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah that was an annoying thread to see and read through. I'm glad it's been locked but the first post still hasn't been changed, so people will still stumble across and may not read the last couple comments showing OP had no idea what was in the photo when he posted it, assuming it was "from blank trim showing blank" and then kinda creating a little shit storm.

Sponsored

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my order in for a fully loaded wildtrak... I actually looked at a lux bronco this past Wednesday, and while the car inside and out looks fantastic, I was very disappointed in the fact that they didn't include better materials inside, I thought maybe I was the only one... In my opinion the door pads on a 60k vehicle should not be a cheap feeling vinyl with a stainless steel like pattern, the B&O for 2k extra has alot to be desired, I will have to rip that whole system out.. fyi Im coming from a 2018 F150 Lariat special edition, and while that interior had alot of plastic, it felt much sturdier, the dash pad being a vinyl faux leather looks and feel great and will not Crack, scratch, or get chunks taken out like plastic will. Imagine throwing the keys on your dashboard or a tool when you're working on your car and you're going to create a huge blemish. We are spending 60k on an SUV it doesn't need to be a Gwagon but it's weird that people are justifying such an interior as utilitarian. I had an Fj cruiser for 7 years (super utilitarian) and the biggest thing that would bug me when I drive it every day is that even me treating it well the plastic though in good shape, you can still see every little blemish.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco isn't going to be what I take my wife to dinner in.
Are you kidding??? My wife is going to take ME out to dinner in our Bronco!!!....and come to think of it....to the lake, work, Thursday night cruise in at the local drive in, vacation, park, camping, mountain biking, kayaking, and just cruising!!!

Last edited:

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw it today for the first time. Sat in it moved things around,.pushed buttons, etc.

Lots of plastic yes. If you're used to driving an escalade, maybe it'll feel cheap. Also fraction of the price of an escalade. If you've driven a Jeep. It's same/similar IMO (I owned a '04 Rubicon for four years).

Most of everything has a rubberized plastic edge or surface. It feels very rugged and yes, utilitarian. It doesn't seem like many surfaces scratch - at all, except for the display screen.

Overall it felt like what it was made to do. Off-road.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me the dash looks nice, I'll see it in person in two weeks. I can't remember the last time I touched my dashboard, so if it's soft or hard really makes no difference (not what she said, yada yada, LOL) and it'll be easy to clean. Dash in my Taco is all plastic, held up great for 18 years.

As long as it's solid and doesn't rattle I'll be happy. Just hope there'll be some kind of hack that'll allow me to watch a movie on that nice 12'' screen when parked, that would be neat :)

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the interior is going to visually or tactiley impress very many people. When you have the top off and get caught in the rain, or have slung and tracked mud all over the interior, or trail dust has settled on every surface you will finally appreciate the materials and purpose of the interior. Both of my prior Wranglers had hoses turned on them multiple times. Enough, that I pulled my drain plugs under the carpet and stored them in the glove box. The carpet also got removed on occasion and scrub brushed with Tide detergent before being rinsed and thrown back in. Riding in the Bronco in Moab, the interior was better than what I expected it to be based upon pictures and Jeep expectations. Some of what looks like hard plastic is soft or pleasantly textured to the touch. Ford created this as an offroad machine that people can live with as a daily driver, not necessarily the other way around. That said, Ford has offered some consolations for those that need leather and power seats. Other than the screens, that's about as fancy as the Bronco gets.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I rode in a BL at KOH and thought that the interior had a tremendous amount of cheap hard plastic. As a result, I ordered a BaseSquatch because even the nicer trims seem cheap to me. Others obviously feel differently and like the design and execution of the interior. I am likely very jaded on what I expect from an automotive interior. It isn't going to be my daily driver so it really doesn't mater.
The important thing to remember is ( outside of seat and floor covering material) every Bronco from a $30K Base to a $60K First Edition will have the same interior material. So if you're expecting fancier interior materials for your extra $30K you might want to look at a different vehicle.

Ooops, forgot the nifty leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. :oops:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The correct answer is no

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not at all . . . what should it be?, platinum? Ford makes a King Ranch that has all sorts of upgraded-looking interior items . . . but for a Bronco I think the plastic just 'fits'.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haven't seen it in person, but everything I've seen so far I like. Flat, simple, easy to clean. Could not care less about wood or brushed metal or what, not something I'd want to spend money on. I'd rather buy top shelf technology that I'll actually use, not just stuff I'll look at 3 times and then never notice again. The dash with the big screen and the 'sports bar' delete are what sold me on reveal night. Well, and that nice white/grey interior we can't get, so I'll settle for boring black and maybe katskin later.
But I come out of an 18 year old Taco, all plastic there. Oh, and all still looks new, a couple small scratches aside. If my Bronco looks like that 18 years from now I'll be happy.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but I am planning on using it for what it was engineered to do. Everything people think is higher-end is just another form of plastic that's more prone to mildew unless it's a Rolls-Royce and every surface that looks like leather is actually leather.
Not just Rolls-Royce. My 19’ Porsche Cayenne full leather interior has real leather even inside door cup holders and lower door trims. It was a 4.5k option, I think well worth the price compared to what you get with 5k Lux package for the Bronco.
Sponsored