First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there anyone else here besides me that didn’t make a reservation? The only reason I haven’t is because I still have about 2 and a half years worth of car payments left on my current vehicle. Otherwise I probably would have put in a reservation for a 2 door Big Bend. I’m also waiting for a build & price to go up on Ford’s website. No point getting excited if I can’t afford what I want. So if anyone else also has not made a reservation, what is your reason for not doing so? I’m curious to see what you all have to say.

I completely understand that a lot of people have very good and valid reasons for not getting a reservation. Your timeline may lend itself to the ADM trend falling off and you getting a good deal at the dealership. I just wanted to provide some info for all of your making your decision about whether you want to get on the "list".

Here is the response from my "chosen" dealership regarding markup and plans:

"Here at Larry Miller Ford we are not doing any dealer mark ups on Ordered Broncos..! If someone backs out and we have one on the lot as an extra they might put a ADM on it but not on orders. If ford offers incentives or X plan deals we will 100% honer them."

The reason that I am sharing this is to point out that some dealerships may be marking up inventory that is not already spoken for. Don't get me wrong, if you are not ready it doesn't matter and you should wait until you are. I just feel it is an item of consideration.

I have a reservation. Honestly, I am still on the fence because I am still a little concerned that the IFS isn't going to allow me to run some of the trails I currently run in my JKU Rubicon... even with some additional lift and 37s like the cyber orange release example. I know only a small percentage of people are going to traverse the terrain we do, but it is important to my wife and I to be able to go to the places we go,
Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnt, waiting to see where the manual is built so I can decide if I go 2.3 badlands manual, or 2.7 sasquatch auto. Also as much as I want a 2 door, I really like the 4 door has enough room to lay down in the back. Also at that time in my life where things are changing, a lot can change in a year.
Lots of factors that'll decide how much I can spend and what I need.

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have not reserved one. Watching the launch, I planned to reserve immediately if a diesel or v8 option was announced, even as a special edition, at any price. Otherwise I'd probably reserve within the first few days once I had a better idea of which trim to get. The reveal confirmed that there are no engine options that I like, so immediate reservation was off the table. The "reveal" was also just a teaser commercial after waiting sixteen years, plus trim options are not well laid-out so I decided not to reserve until more information came out. Now with the various shenanigans Ford is pulling like no manual option without the notorious 2.3 engine, and the fact that it's starting to look like a two year lead time from reservation to delivery, I probably won't be reserving one. In fact, there's a decent chance I won't be buying at all. I'm still watching this forum in case anything changes, but realistically I'm not paying $60k for a vehicle that I might not see until late 2022 and which cut most of the features that made it desirable. Sorry for the griping, but I know Ford reads these forums and there's just the slightest chance that they'll make an attempt to address the issues if enough people are loud enough.

And if Ford surprises us all, actually listens, and makes some attempt at a decent vehicle that will see a dealership before the inevitable heat death of the universe, I'm in.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there anyone else here besides me that didn’t make a reservation?
Some fiscal set-backs push out the lease time for me.
Also waiting to see how the PEV comes in. If I can get 20 "free" miles a day, then my daily commute is covered and that would be awesome.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to get the 4 door Badlands with the Sasquatch. I do not buy the first year of any car model. Additionally, it will give me more time to save up for a bigger down payment. Thus, lower car payments. I am in no rush in getting a Bronco. I am going to wait until 2022.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By then, there will also be additional choices (hint hint), so good things come to those who wait.
No reservation for me either... I'm going to look at the next gen Ranger.

I also have seen @laj.tuxmek mention this a couple times... just going to be patient and see how this plays out.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No reservation for me.

I can't currently afford a new Bronco, and I really don't know what my life will look like in two years. I need to see pricing before deciding if I want to make a Bronco a goal. I also need to see, and drive a Bronco before I will know if I want one. I understand $100 is not a lot of money, and it is refundable. I'll admit I'd be a bit nervous getting a brand new model, in it's first year. I don't need a new car right now.

I'm excited for the model, and look forward to seeing how it performs.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bhahahaha not that tall, 6 feet, but I'm all torso so my head sticks up quite a lot.

My seat is at the lowest settings in my 4runner and I barely fit.
I guess, I will have to think about it as well. But Ford put this Guy at the Launch who is 6'7" 360lbs which made me comfortable as I am 6'2".

May be its a Toyota thing where FJ Cruiser, Tacoma and now 4Runner all as low seating position. I only drove a 2000 4Runner and its too small in the Driver Seat. Not sure about the new one. I drive a 2016 Pilot its very good for Tall Drivers (not Comparing with Bronco) just my experience.

2021 Bronco Tall Guy legroom 1.jpg

2021 Bronco Tall Guy legroom 2.jpg

2021 Bronco Tall Guy legroom 3.jpg

2021 Bronco Tall Guy legroom 4.jpg

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess, I will have to think about it as well. But Ford put this Guy at the Launch who is 6'7" 360lbs which made me comfortable as I am 6'2".

May be its a Toyota thing where FJ Cruiser, Tacoma and now 4Runner all as low seating position. I only drove a 2000 4Runner and its too small in the Driver Seat. Not sure about the new one. I drive a 2016 Pilot its very good for Tall Drivers (not Comparing with Bronco) just my experience.

Ford Bronco Anybody not make a reservation? 2021 Bronco Tall Guy legroom 4

Yeah saw the original post, but I really like to drive super upright, my seat cannot go any straighter in my 4Runner. If I drove in a more normal position I wouldn't have any problems :p

I also can't bring myself to buy something so expensive that I will keep for so long without trying it out first. I'm in Canada, and we never get any of the cool events and with the pandemic, I can't cross the border and go try one out down south in the US.

Sponsored

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll be buying used to save money.

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reluctantly decided against the Bronco because I just can’t live without a truck box for hunting, ice fishing, etc. Also, my Tacoma needs to be replaced and couldn’t wait for the Bronco to actually arrive. Ordered a 2021 ZR2.

My son graduates college in 2 years and he has his eye on a Bronco...if they’re available by then.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No reservation for me either. I still have about a year left on my current car loan and the boss (my wife) said we need to be smart and wait. She is almost as excited about the Bronco as I am, but she has the patience that I don't! Hahaha

So I will probably get one in 2022 or 2023, depending on our financial situation. By then, there will also be additional choices (hint hint), so good things come to those who wait.
Welp, looks like I might end up waiting. My car will last a good while, anyway, and I'm not paying anything on it.
Sponsored