Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy Monday everyone. As always, this site is very much appreciated. I know there’s been a few threads about changing tops/removing trailer set up, but with 2-3 days to change, I need to make the decision.

so realistically, how much will switching to the soft top and removing the hitch really save?

I get the hard top hook up argument, but surely the aftermarket parts for a trailer hitch will be in abundance!

What was the deciding factor for you? What did you end up doing?
thanks!
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX with hardtop, trailer tow and not changing a thing. I want what I want and there is zero guarantee changing it will get it here any sooner. If Ford had said: we guarantee soft top and no trailer tow will get you a bronco by august or September, fine.

OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OBX with hardtop, trailer tow and not changing a thing. I want what I want and there is zero guarantee changing it will get it here any sooner. If Ford had said: we guarantee soft top and no trailer tow will get you a bronco by august or September, fine.
Good point. I emailed my dealer and he said “it may help” which is vague.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept the MIC for the hookups, but the tow package is gone. From what I can find, it's not an issue to add later, even adding it asap at the dealership shouldn't be a problem. I want what I want, and I'll still get it, it'll just be installed by Mary or Greg at the dealership and not by Robert in the factory. 🤔

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m removing the tow package from my build. I figure it’s the easiest part to replace aftermarket. Let’s hope it helps. 😃

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remember where, but I thought changes had to be made by May 12 in order to impact this week's scheduling. Just FYI (and maybe not accurate).

I took the tow package off. Finally figured that if it could help, that was worth it to me. I don't tow much, so it's a "just in case" that I can remedy later. I can add a receiver hitch for a bike rack or cargo tray no problem, was really just getting the package for the wiring.

I may add it back on if I don't get scheduled for July...

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is telling dealers to suggest this to customers in "leaked" emails, right?

They certainly aren't direct mailing reservation holders (I didn't get one) indicating we may get the build sooner, which reinforces to me that, sure, it "may" help if you want to sacrifice on what you really want, but we won't go as far as putting it in writing and telling you that it will

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped the tow package, and after seeing it in person on Friday, I'm glad I did. It will be a very simple aftermarket install. So, I save money and remove a potential delivery issue.

I wouldn't switch anything else that mattered to me though. It's not worth it in the end.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning on doing this and then switching to a white mod top when available. My dealer told my that currently the MIC/MOD tops are not compatible with the soft top versions due to the connections are different. That there maybe an aftermarket solution later but nothing now. With the rain in the PNW ,the risk of mildew, and I might be stuck with the soft-top long term it was a no-go for me.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy Monday everyone. As always, this site is very much appreciated. I know there’s been a few threads about changing tops/removing trailer set up, but with 2-3 days to change, I need to make the decision.

so realistically, how much will switching to the soft top and removing the hitch really save?

I get the hard top hook up argument, but surely the aftermarket parts for a trailer hitch will be in abundance!

What was the deciding factor for you? What did you end up doing?
thanks!
Just be patient and get what you want? 🤷

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the one I want. Not changing a thing....may be the color.... :unsure: :LOL:

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems like they are scheduling more OBX than other trims

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like they are scheduling more OBX than other trims
Been moved once already and fully expect it will get moved again. Is what it is at this point. Can’t do anything about any of it.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was planning on doing this and then switching to a white mod top when available. My dealer told my that currently the MIC/MOD tops are not compatible with the soft top versions due to the connections are different. That there maybe an aftermarket solution later but nothing now. With the rain in the PNW ,the risk of mildew, and I might be stuck with the soft-top long term it was a no-go for me.
That is interesting because there is an option to order both hard top and soft top, which would imply that they are interchangeable. I realize those orders are being delayed but I think most are assuming that's just so Ford can build more Broncos by not giving anyone two tops right now.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go with what you want. I was hard-headed about my original 2-door MIC order. Didn’t really entertain a change until I did change last week to 4-door with soft top. The option to change to expedite a build had me thinking, and I realized a soft top was actually better for me as a daily driver, with no garage, than a hardtop. Can drive top-down to work or wherever then pop it up if it rains. Or have it up in the oppressive daytime heat and drop it at night while out. I also finally let myself go 4-door to get it, because it much better fits my family needs, and a year of seeing pics of 4-door Black Diamonds won me over.
Sponsored