Sponsored

Anyone else change their driving habits after getting Bronco?

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I use high Octane gas, it rides extremely sporty and I am tempted to become more aggressive. So I stick with the 87-89 (max), as recommended by my better (and calmer) half
Sponsored

JONESBALD

Base
First Name
JONES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO 2.3 BASE / 2022 FORD BRONCO SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nah, I still drive the same... Slowly but surely. lol

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The suspension, which is excellent, ain't sporty. That coupled with a higher C.G. has me backing off a bit relative to my prior f150 fx4.

Also with 300 + hp, super low 1st and a 4.46 rear, I run in ECO around town to attenuate the throttle. Too herky-jerky otherwise.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup - I noticed that nearly 2 years ago when I got rid of my tuned and modified ecoboost Mustang and got a Chevy ZR2 Bison truck - and now that I've had my Bronco for a week, the same - I'm totally content just cruising around, no need to race from stop light to stop light or try to take corners at the limits of the laws of physics. Part of it is definitely being more conscious of fuel consumption - in the Mustang, I could get 20mpg driving pretty aggressively. In the truck and Bronco - if I'm driving as if there's a toddler standing on the hood, I can get 18. And, with gas now closer to $7 a gallon versus what it was a couple years ago - both are factors. But, I also just enjoy the ride, the view, and being in the Bronco.. no rush to get anywhere :)

KG203

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL with Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just the opposite. My Jeep JL doesn't want me to drive fast. I will get a ticket in the Bronco.

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My habits have changed for sure. Without headlights blinding me in the mirrors at my new altitude, life is a lot more chill and 55 mph is perfect with the top off. I avoid the freeway and take the back roads. Appreciate the journey.

Bronco is so much more recognizable that I make an attempt to be more courteous. No one is following me home anymore, except to say, "Nice Jeep!" LOL.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is natural to me to drive larger vehicles like the Bronco or a truck slower. But I drove my daughters cruze last week and it was a whole different driving style.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

YES,

Previous daily driver was a 2015 Subaru STi. The Bronco does NOT corner like the STi. My passengers do not appreciate when I hustle the Wildtrak like a WRX. Since getting the Bronco I have come to realize I maybe a ‘sport sedan guy’. I miss rowing through the gears, picking the right line and apexing the corner. I find myself looking at the upcoming 2023 Type R (need backseat / 4door), the wifey would take over the Bronco.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used to zip around in my little sports cars. Not changing lanes like crazy but definitely in the fast lane passing most people and moving out the way for the few faster than I, it’s not a race.

now though yes saving gas and I’ve found cruising slow is quiet peaceful. “Fast” cars tend to travel in packs, and when they all clear you, man the open road is nice.

until 5 min later when the next pack of speeders comes up.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've noticed that ever since I got my Bronco, I drive quite a bit slower. I used to speed everywhere, but now I consistently realize that I'm barely doing the speed limit.

I know some people are trying to save gas, but that's not a factor for me.

Anyone else change their driving at all (faster, slower, more or less aggressive, etc.), or is it just me? 🤔
I drive slower and blame it all on that fuel economy gauge. I'll do quite a bit to get another 0.1 added to the miles per gallon number. That's one reason that I like the automatic engine shutoff feature.

The speed limit on the freeway around here is 80, but I'll go 70-75 to get a better number. On the regular highways I set the cruise right on the speed limit. On the dirt roads, I totally ignore mileage, since I'm looking at the Off Road display and go faster than most others out there. ;) :LOL:

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think i'm driving faster and more spirited for sure. That 7mt with pedal commander and exhaust has me zipping around. But then I got a ticket, I guess at least the cop complimented me on the bronco and was checking it out. Now I'm 50/50. lol.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just the opposite for me. Top off, music cranked I find myself above the speed limit all the time. Hit 92 the other day and didn’t realize it until I looked at the spedo. The Bronco hides its speed!
😎

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way! The 2-door V6 in sport mode was so much fun that I went full Ricky Bobby every time I got into it. DRIVE. TO. WIN.
Ford Bronco Anyone else change their driving habits after getting Bronco? 3627841_smaller

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed that ever since I got my Bronco, I drive quite a bit slower. I used to speed everywhere, but now I consistently realize that I'm barely doing the speed limit.

I know some people are trying to save gas, but that's not a factor for me.

Anyone else change their driving at all (faster, slower, more or less aggressive, etc.), or is it just me? 🤔

Apologies in advance to our folks still waiting.
Absolutely, I have chilled out a lot. My previous ride was a 2020 Mojave. That thing wanted me to go fast.
I’m just not in a hurry.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm at 379 miles on the odometer, and babying mine even more than you. I try to not exceed 2K RPM's, but have exceeded that slightly when taking off from a stoplight on a highway if traffic is heavy. I HAVE DEFINITELY NOT EXCEEDED 2.5K.
I’m really surprised to read this. Does Ford recommend keeping the revs low during break in? Usually manufactures say to vary the revs or say that no break in is necessary.
Jason
Sponsored