First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi y’all, idk how many of you are like me and just want a bronco, just for that, owning a bronco; nothing flashy or fancy like a first edition

I’m getting a 4D base with hard top and automatic thats it

I’m not too much into hard core off roading so I don’t need big wheels, lifts and suspensions

it would be my daily and I drive only freeway anyways so AT tires wouldn’t be too ideal

Any one else feel the same way
Raise you a 4dr Base with nothing, may throw on some 32s.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I first thought was of buying the Base and hoped I could buy the 32's and black 17s steelies from the Black Diamond. I heard that will take you a lot of places. A very capable truck.
My plans of travel changed so I am adding Sas, and everything else I can get.
I’m hoping I can sell the beadlock capable wheels on the base squatch for $1000-1900 since they cost $1900 on the Raptor. I just want some black steelies or other simple wheel.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m hoping I can sell the beadlock capable wheels on the base squatch for $1000-1900 since they cost $1900 on the Raptor. I just want some black steelies or other simple wheel.
I like the idea of keeping the wheels from slipping off the bead but the other side I am reading of parts flying off on the fwy from loose bolts. There is a reason Ford isnt attaching these all set up to go. Im with you, I would love some military style black steelies.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. The only options I am considering are Ford Accessories for the hitch, roof rack, and the aux switches. I'll add better tires too.

Sponsored

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would call mine a basic with just the Base model Squatch 2.7/Auto options. I gotta have meats

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it's blasphemy to think a mall crawler special from the dealer is terrible?

I think you got it backwards.
Well, that mall crawler has the same suspension and setup as your base and has larger tires from the factory. So if anything it’s better prepared to 4 wheel than the base.

Besides it was a joke, many others laughed at it. Everyone knows the OB is for people who want to drive a comfy Bronco and don’t care about going off-road.

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, that mall crawler has the same suspension and setup as your base and has larger tires from the factory. So if anything it’s better prepared to 4 wheel than the base.

Besides it was a joke, many others laughed at it. Everyone knows the OB is for people who want to drive a comfy Bronco and don’t care about going off-road.
Don't scratch your pretty painted fenders with all that hardcore suburban shopping you'll be doing in your more off road capable luxury 4x4.

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. The only options I am considering are Ford Accessories for the hitch, roof rack, and the aux switches. I'll add better tires too.
I am flying to Texas to buy and driving home to California. I am getting the Aux switches too. Even though nothing is hooked up yet Im going to be flicking those switches and shifting gears all the way home. I hope it rains. Turn on some Zepplen or Niel Young.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am getting the base with nothing on it.

In the future I can get a second set of tires, a winch, and a rooftop overlanding tent.

Your monster truck tires and "chewbacca packages" are like automatics transmissions to me. Those things are for amateurs and mall hoppers.

I will not do dumb things that will get me into trouble. I will get stuck in the mud, and then use my brain and a winch and maxtrax to pull myself out. You will get stuck teetering on the rock that just scratched up the underside of your truck and is now putting strain on your axle.

... Or maybe you will not even go to a rock and instead will jump the curb with your Chewbaca package 37s, and park up on the berm next to the Chick-Fil-A and pretend that it is your "Pride Rock" while eating nuggets and waffle fries.

...Also, I will get the closest thing to the original Bronco.
...Also, by doing this, the kitchen can be redone. You have no idea how awesome it is for the family to have a redone kitchen AND a Bronco.

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to go base / sasquatch, but I decided some of the safety features in the mid package were desirable. Wife is also requesting an automatic. I may need to agree to that even though she will rarely drive it. (Let's face it. A 7 speed manual is a no-go if you ever need someone else to drive your Bronco.) :) Leaning toward a 4D Big Bend, automatic, mid, sasquatch, hardtop.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a base model appeared in my driveway tomorrow.... I'd be okay with that.

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base 2-door with manual for me. Maybe Sasquatch. Basically what I wish my old FJ would’ve been in 2008.

We have a GX for the family trips or weekend adventures. It’s plenty capable, and easily tows our camper.
Sponsored