Sponsored

Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable?

OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This does seem to be the consensus. Perhaps I'm just broken. I've made every adjustment to be made.
Sponsored

Sideways

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had to do a lot of adjusting to find a comfortable position. I moved from Recaro sport seats that hug the ever loving shit out of you. When I took my first long ride in the Bronco I was trying to sit the same way I did in my Focus. I was hurting towards the end of the day.

I eventually found a nice position that I am comfortable in, but it took awhile because sitting in a truck is much different than a sports car.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get on the jab and do thousands of shrugs. Boom. Problem solved

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No issues here, but I don't have the MGV since I have a base, but have driven for hours with no pain or discomfort

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've read as much of the internet as I could about the seat comfort, and everything I find pretty much says how comfortable everyone thinks they are.

Does anyone think they aren't? I've got the MGV, I've had my Bronco for a few weeks, and just can't get any enjoyment out of the seats. I kind of don't like sitting in them.

The material is great and feels good to the touch, the manual adjustments are fine, steering wheel adjustability is good - but the shape of the seat back just kills me. The upper portion of the seat (where the embossed bronco is) leans back too much so I don't have any support for my upper back and shoulders, and that stupid indent (where the Bronco Nation logo is on the photo) feels like a rock in my shoe. But on my back.

Am I alone in this?

marine-grade-vinyl-seat-bronco-jpg.jpg

For reference, I'm 6'1" 190lb.
I'm 6'8" 390, I haven't been comfortable in a vehicle/on an amusement ride/on a queen bed/in an airplane seat since I was 13, sorry I'm no help in this one.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my MGV seats, as I said in the other thread about this a month or so ago, they're easily among the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I won't have my bronco for for a few more months, but I had a similar situation with my old Honda Element. My upper back wasn't naturally resting against the top part of the seat. I ended up putting about a half inch of washers under the front two bolt positions so that the seat was sort of reclined a little bit more. It made all the difference for me.

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've found the leather seats in my Badlands to be super comfortable so far, I haven't sat in them for a longer trip yet but definitely more comfortable than my Wrangler was

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From observing how other people adjust their seats while driving, I'd guess your seat back is too reclined and seat bottom is too low.
I'm near your size, have a Badlands w/ MGV, and have made trips as far as 600+ miles. I have 2800 miles on the truck now.
I also have the steering wheel at it's most extended position.
This puts me up high where I have a good view of the hood, but not so good of a view of traffic lights while stopped. The chopped roof line of modern vehicles is like wearing a baseball cap. Also have a bit of view obstruction by the rear view mirror when looking towards the right.
I try to sit as I would at a dinning table or office desk.

Ford Bronco Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable? 1637344481045

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've read as much of the internet as I could about the seat comfort, and everything I find pretty much says how comfortable everyone thinks they are.

Does anyone think they aren't? I've got the MGV, I've had my Bronco for a few weeks, and just can't get any enjoyment out of the seats. I kind of don't like sitting in them.

The material is great and feels good to the touch, the manual adjustments are fine, steering wheel adjustability is good - but the shape of the seat back just kills me. The upper portion of the seat (where the embossed bronco is) leans back too much so I don't have any support for my upper back and shoulders, and that stupid indent (where the Bronco Nation logo is on the photo) feels like a rock in my shoe. But on my back.

Am I alone in this?

Ford Bronco Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable? 1637344481045

For reference, I'm 6'1" 190lb.
I'm 6-5, 230. Had the dealer Bronco for a couple days with cloth seats. I think they're super comfortable. I actually have room too. Love it!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This does seem to be the consensus. Perhaps I'm just broken. I've made every adjustment to be made.
I bet you’re like me, naturally slouch a bit forward. Took me forever to find the right position and it was all about finding support on my shoulders while holding the wheel at a position that’s comfortable for both my legs and arms. Eventually I found that putting the seat down a bit and the seat back more forward than I would naturally think, feels right.

6’2” 200 lbs. and nearly 9k miles including a two-week road trip.
Sponsored