First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a complete set (25 black lugs & 5 black locks) for all 5 tires?

I have the 2022 upgraded Badlands tires.

Just noticed the spare is only held by 3 lugs. So is there a set of black lugs that would have 22 black lugs and 5 black locks?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a complete set (25 black lugs & 5 black locks) for all 5 tires?

I have the 2022 upgraded Badlands tires.

Just noticed the spare is only held by 3 lugs. So is there a set of black lugs that would have 22 black lugs and 5 black locks?
I just bought 6 packs of Mcgard (4 in a pack) as @Roger123 suggested and one set of 5 Mcgard lockers. Granted you will have two spare regular lugs, but is is a nice set up and so what about the spares. Winds up being about $115 bucks which is what Ford wants for their crappy ones.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought 6 packs of Mcgard (4 in a pack) as @Roger123 suggested and one set of 5 Mcgard lockers. Granted you will have two spare regular lugs, but is is a nice set up and so what about the spares. Winds up being about $115 bucks which is what Ford wants for their crappy ones.
OK got it - thank you.

BikerDoc

Outer Banks
First Name
HOWARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Purchased these “standard” looking Gorilla lugs. I bought the regular lugs on Ebay ($38) and the locking from https://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR71431NBC5.htm. The vendor buys bulk and repackages them so you can purchase 24 regular and 5 locking with socket key.

Ford Bronco Anyone install black lug nuts? AD10F459-C225-4B59-B63B-992C723E6E78

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many would I need if I put them in my spare as well?

BikerDoc

Outer Banks
First Name
HOWARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many would I need if I put them in my spare as well?
Depends if you want locking lugs, also: 4 wheels x 5 lugs=20, 4 locking nuts, 2 nuts and 1 locking nut for spare. You’ll have to purchase a set of 24 standard nuts because most vendors sell them as a set. Just my experience

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends if you want locking lugs, also: 4 wheels x 5 lugs=20, 4 locking nuts, 2 nuts and 1 locking nut for spare. You’ll have to purchase a set of 24 standard nuts because most vendors sell them as a set. Just my experience
Alright, perfect

now to figure out what set of sick speed spiked lug nuts to get

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the set (of 27) from CJ Pony Parts as well, but I did the Spline drive. I figured it would be the minimal deterrent for the unprepared thief - esp the Spare. They look great and have held up well.
So you have a Wildtrak, probably the same wheels as me. Stock lugs look to have a flare or rim to them. The conical style lug works though? I am hoping so, because I ordered that style.🫤

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the Mishimoto black lugs on sale a while back. I put them on. They seem to be holding fine. I haven't had any issues with them, and Discount Tire didn't give me any grief over them when I did a tire rotation. They're definitely light, and you will need the deep sockets, and likely an extender on your torque wrench to put them on. But I like them as locking lugs better than the typical spline style you see. Anyone can order the spline socket, or buy one from Discount etc. These use a specific lock lug/socket that you're not going to find just anywhere.

fwiw they send 27, 7 of them are their locking lug, so I put 5 of the regular on each wheel, plus 1 lock, and then used 3 locking lugs on the spare. Not sure why they bundle it this way, but it's what worked for me.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you have a Wildtrak, probably the same wheels as me. Stock lugs look to have a flare or rim to them. The conical style lug works though? I am hoping so, because I ordered that style.🫤
The Ford lugs are a little bit larger than the Gorillas, so a sliver of gray(silver) of the wheel (lug pocket) shows around them, but you really have to look closely to see. Otherwise, they look great.
Ford Bronco Anyone install black lug nuts? Apr28

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the Mishimoto black lugs on sale a while back. I put them on. They seem to be holding fine. I haven't had any issues with them, and Discount Tire didn't give me any grief over them when I did a tire rotation. They're definitely light, and you will need the deep sockets, and likely an extender on your torque wrench to put them on. But I like them as locking lugs better than the typical spline style you see. Anyone can order the spline socket, or buy one from Discount etc. These use a specific lock lug/socket that you're not going to find just anywhere.

fwiw they send 27, 7 of them are their locking lug, so I put 5 of the regular on each wheel, plus 1 lock, and then used 3 locking lugs on the spare. Not sure why they bundle it this way, but it's what worked for me.
So I should be okay then. I ordered the JDM Racing black and red ones. Had to order two packages, but that gives me some extras in case some go bad during rotations. I like the look of them, just a touch of red. The Bronco is Race red.🙂

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got this kit from SFX Performance.

https://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR71431NBC5-41138FSBC.htm

22 black lugs and 5 locking lugs from Gorilla.

JR
Those look nice, and the right amount. Main question I had was if the acorn style worked on stock Wildtrak wheels. It seems they will. A lot of them state "for aftermarket wheels", so confusing. Also if not sold in the correct number, will state that won't work on the selected vehicle. Probably work but need to buy two sets, as I did.🫤

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those look nice, and the right amount. Main question I had was if the acorn style worked on stock Wildtrak wheels. It seems they will. A lot of them state "for aftermarket wheels", so confusing. Also if not sold in the correct number, will state that won't work on the selected vehicle. Probably work but need to buy two sets, as I did.🫤
Confirm that these fit the stock Wildtrak wheels, and should fit any stock Ford wheel with M12x1.5 wheel studs.. Stock wheels use the acorn bulge, while most aftermarket wheels will use "small diameter" lugs with a different taper at the seat.

JR
Sponsored