Sponsored

Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is the response I got from Franklin Ford when I asked them about matching.... can anyone explain what he’s talking about..... 50/1? Lottery?
F2663FFD-D6F1-44C1-8676-F0C488222D3C.png
As much as I would love to spend the time trying to figure out what the hell he’s talking about in the second paragraph, what he says in the first paragraph is crystal clear.

Last edited:

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is the response I got from Franklin Ford when I asked them about matching.... can anyone explain what he’s talking about..... 50/1? Lottery?
F2663FFD-D6F1-44C1-8676-F0C488222D3C.png
Come over to Acton Ford if you’re not feeling the love with Franklin. MSRP, xplan, responsive sales people.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I would love to spend the time trying to figure out what the hell’s talking about in the second paragraph, what he says in the first paragraph is crystal clear.
exactly! Heard rhat

Come over to Acton Ford if you’re not feeling the love with Franklin. MSRP, xplan, responsive sales people.
If acton matches our offers from the west and south, I’m totally in; for the simple fact of staying local. I’m down to head west or south to get proper pricing. Just gives me an excuse to take a vacation. I need excuses or I’ll never take one.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone think Franklin Ford's "50/1" and "waiting list" comment is about the FE?

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone think Franklin Ford's "50/1" and "waiting list" comment is about the FE?
I think this was more of a way to explain away their inability to meet this deal.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any other dealers confirmed they will do invoice or below invoice pricing?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is either the explanation was completely made up to provide some sort of excuse, or...

It’s as you suggest, and whomever replied to the question had half the info and isn’t as informed as we are.

He gets the question about pricing, he bounces it off of a coworker or boss who hasn’t been paying attention and gets an answer of:

“They opened up reservations and they all filled up, and we don’t know what our allotment is going to be for stock but the demand will be high, so we’re gonna mark up whatever we get.”

I bet if the situation was better Understood by these local dealers, they’d be more willing to jump on it. (Reservations are a potentially easy volume sale guarantee that don’t go against allotment, and if the person doesn’t want it when it shows up, now you have it on the lot to sell to someone else for a nice markup.)

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is either the explanation was completely made up to provide some sort of excuse, or...

It’s as you suggest, and whomever replied to the question had half the info and isn’t as informed as we are.

He gets the question about pricing, he bounces it off of a coworker or boss who hasn’t been paying attention and gets an answer of:

“They opened up reservations and they all filled up, and we don’t know what our allotment is going to be for stock but the demand will be high, so we’re gonna mark up whatever we get.”

I bet if the situation was better Understood by these local dealers, they’d be more willing to jump on it. (Reservations are a potentially easy volume sale guarantee that don’t go against allotment, and if the person doesn’t want it when it shows up, now you have it on the lot to sell to someone else for a nice markup.)
I agree. Based on my interactions with local dealers; they just have or care to obtain information on this product release. This makes me less likely to want to deal with them. Especially when they just make up answers.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys, I heard back from Chris at Acton Ford. At the moment, the dealership can't commit to a group-buy price. They're going on record as no ADM and X-price, if it's offered by Ford and the customer qualifies for it. I don't take this as a firm "no" but a "no promises, check back with us a little further down the road." I like to keep hope alive.

Sorry that my charm and gentle pressure didn't move the ball forward.

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guys, I heard back from Chris at Acton Ford. At the moment, the dealership can't commit to a group-buy price. They're going on record as no ADM and X-price, if it's offered by Ford and the customer qualifies for it. I don't take this as a firm "no" but a "no promises, check back with us a little further down the road." I like to keep hope alive.

Sorry that my charm and gentle pressure didn't move the ball forward.
No worries. Thanks for trying

Birdman

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No worries. Thanks for trying
^Agreed. I had the same conversation with Chris, and while I don't think the Granger/Stephen's model would be sustainable for them, he seems like a very good dude so I will likely move my reservation over anyways. I have seen other dealers offering accessory credits etc, so maybe with a smaller group we could still get something extra. At a minimum, i'll take no ADM combined with someone who actually cares all day long over a classic dealership experience.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, glad to see someone is at least trying this. I'd also be down for this if we get more traction from a dealer. My current dealer is Bonnell.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've not heard back from York after sharing the Grangers / Stephens deal.

More than likely will be switching my reservation to Stephens in WV unless another local New England dealer steps up and offers some type of deal at/under invoice.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I reserved with McGovern Ford in Lowell MA back in July. Just got an email stating that they will probably have ADM and X plan if allowed. I will probably switch to a dealer with no ADM
Sponsored