Sponsored

Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
so with 35" wouldn't 4.54 get better MPG when compared to 4.7s?
I doubt it, Ford would not give you more gearing than you need. There’s a gearing sweet spot where steeper gearing may give you better fuel economy(Over a stock setup), but go too far and it will fall off a cliff. Ford, needing to maintain happiness at the EPA would NOT give you too much gearing. Iirc the 10 speed has 3 overdrives. Your not going to see issues with 35s and 4.70s it will feel perfect.

Now with that said, 4.70s and 33s would probably start to do the opposite on fuel economy, your RPM would be higher and I’m not sure that triple overdrives could save you from losing some fuel economy.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Typically when you see Jeeps talking about getting 12-13MPG it’s because they’ve moved up with 37-38 and haven’t regeared. They would likely need 4.88 to 5.13 in their case with the 3.6L.

Typically speaking the smaller your engine the more gearing(RPM) you need. I think the turbos may end up throwing a wrench in that equation because unless you change the tune on the turbo the more RPM you have on a turbo engine the longer it will stay in boost(Lower MPG).

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s also worth noting to everyone on the base truck you receive 3.73 gearing for the automatic, yet the exact same truck with the manual receives 4.46 gearing. You typically want steeper gears on a manual.

So 4.70 and 33s probably wouldn’t be overkill on the manual.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably gonna opt for just the Squatch. Don't really need either, but love the looks of both. And honestly, don't feel the need to spend the extra $$ to go up to the 37's.....but sure would be fun throwing that in Jeep's face ?
Hell Yea Go for it...

Sponsored

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it necessary to go with 37s or will 35s look and perform fine?
It is all up to you, I think 35s are Big enough,
and when you go to bigger tires, it is a Power Killer....
That is why Ford put 4.70 rear ends in them..
4.70 is unheard of, only in BIG work trucks.
But with the 10 speed trans, It will be fine.

Deleted member 2346

as someone else already said, the 2 inch lift is likely not a factory option but rather a dealer installed accessories option. Look at the truck it’s on. That truck is full of things we know are not factory options: 37” tires, Method wheels, the doors, the limb movers, the lift... that truck is to show off DEALER accessories. Just my oppinion.

And to answer the other OP question, the negative side of a 2 inch lift is you lose downward mobility (droop) of the front suspension. Without lowering the lower a-arm mounts (and center diff while your at it), which a small 2” lift would not do, the lift is actually taking away downward mobility/flex/droop to achieve the lift. This can be evidenced on that yellow lifted two door by looking at the angle of the lower a arms. They are no longer flat, they are at a downward slope. So a 2 inch lift is really detrimental to the suspension. Coming from the F150 world these types of lifts were done with spacers on top of the front coil over... but regardless of how they were done they were always looked at negatively because they decreased suspension travel.

You might as well go to a taller lift that actually lowers the center diff and increase the knuckles between the upper and lower a-arms which keeps them at a normal angle and still allows the factory amount suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Q: Rumor has it Ford is going to offer a 2” lift running on 37” tires . True or false ?
A: Sorry we can't comment on future products.

Those of you asking this question ........

This reply from Ford today means it's in the works but I doubt it will be available when the Bronc comes off the assembly line. Maybe after they catch up on all the reservations. These things are easy to make one offs but the R&D takes a lot longer to "refine" them for mass availability.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We now know one of the Cyber Orange Broncos showcased had a 2” lift on 37s, which looks great. Is anyone considering a factory lift? I really like the look of 2 door over the 4 door but with 35s instead of 37s. What would be the positives and negatives of a lift?

EA6D8570-4A3E-4B37-9B60-661BAE64661B.jpeg
I plan on running 37x14.50's, but I'm not sure about the factor 2" lift. I need more info on it in order to make an informed decision on whether to go that route or with an aftermarket lift.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if the 2" lift is seprate from sasquatch i might consider it.
I concur, even thought I'll have the 32 inch tire on BD but the 2 inch height will make it look nice I believe

BraptorAddict

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMHO - real offroad capability starts at 37" tires.

Don't get me wrong, 35's are FANTASTIC and we should all be psyched that they are available as-stock, but when I watch almost ANY video about tire selection, everyone really seems to favor 37's or 38's.

This was the most informative (and hilarious) video I ever saw about this subject:

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One factory w/ Sasquatch package, one dealership installed of 2”. Can be combined.
Ah... so the two inch dealer installed outside if build... word. Do you know if this 2" will fit 35's that are 12.50 to 13.50 wide tires easily?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah... so the two inch dealer installed outside if build... word. Do you know if this 2" will fit 35's that are 12.50 to 13.50 wide tires easily?
I would assume so, we know that the Sas factory lift is 1.2 inches and it comes with 35”s so you shouldn’t have any issue with 2 inches of lift + 35”s. Definitely want to regear obviously if your on a non Sas truck.
Sponsored