Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non sasquatch 22' Bronco that I was interested in put a 2 inch lift kit + 35 inch tires on. I'm tired of looking at the stock set up and want some beefier tires, but I only have the 3.73 gearing. Is this something that's going to make my Bronco run like crap?

I know my MPG is going to tank. I'm really only using it right now to go to work and back and the occasional run for errands. I do plan on going on some light off roading next summer. No rock crawling or anything like that, just some old forest trails. Is running 35's on 3.73 gear ratio viable, or am I going to have to look into re-gearing?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm running 33s on mine with no problems, Once you get the 35s and have your speedometer calibrated you shouldn't have any issues.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you plan on wheeling it hard I'd worry the smaller axles and diff. Mpg will prob drop to the 12 range. I wheel mine pretty hard and I already feel like 33s are pushing it. On the highway I get better mpg locking it into sports mode and keeping it in 8th gear.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll lose a little bit of "get up and go" ability—particularly if you only have the 2.3L engine—but it'll definitely be drivable. And yeah you'll take an MPG hit.

You can also help yourself and the engine a bit by going with lighter tires, such as LT tires with a C load rating (instead of D or E). Or you can look at go slightly smaller than 35s and look at something with more aggressive-looking tread.

If you are sticking with the stock wheels, then you may have to go with a slightly smaller tire anyway. When someone says "35s" they typically mean 315/70R17 tires... which won't fit on the stock rim since it is too narrow.

---

If it was my vehicle I'd look at 285/70R17 (the standard Badlands size), or maybe something slightly larger like a 285/75R17 or 295/70R17 before jumping up to 35s. But to each their own.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a non sasquatch 22' Bronco that I was interested in put a 2 inch lift kit + 35 inch tires on. I'm tired of looking at the stock set up and want some beefier tires, but I only have the 3.73 gearing. Is this something that's going to make my Bronco run like crap?

I know my MPG is going to tank. I'm really only using it right now to go to work and back and the occasional run for errands. I do plan on going on some light off roading next summer. No rock crawling or anything like that, just some old forest trails. Is running 35's on 3.73 gear ratio viable, or am I going to have to look into re-gearing?

Thanks!

I did 35s with 2 inch lift, and had 3.73; calibrated the speedometer, it was great. You'll lose some acceleration and MPG like you'd expect. Here is what I did

Ford Bronco Anyone running 35's on 3.73 gearing? 1670014182178

I was able to do light off-roading and have fun in the snow/mud, but I never tempted anything aggressive like rocks/deep wet terrain.

Ride quality changed, but it is one of those things you expect

Sponsored

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm runinng 315/70/17 BFG KO's and it runs just fine. People say they lost some pep on accelerations but I barely noticed. Took it out to Joshua Tree and did some light offroading, no rock crawling, and did just fine. Maybe don't go overboard on offroading because your axels can onlyl take so much but as far as general day to day performance goes, barely noticed a difference.

Mileage went from 19 to 17.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had 3.73 and 35s which is nothing to fear. I have since moved up to 4.46 and the same 35s and lost mpg. You will need sport mode and to manual down shift more which is nothing different than running larger tires on most other vehicles.

Both bronco's are 2.3 with 10 speeds, I would stay with a lighter tire and you will be happy.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran 35s on my base with 2.3 and 3.73. IMO plenty of get up and go and still managed to get 18-19mpg. Biggest thing I noticed is any slight hill at hwy speeds it would downshift 2 gears. Never really noticed it till I got a Sasquatch 2.7. Then it was apparent it was not geared correctly. Still don’t feel it was underpowered though. I would recommend doing it again.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks!
You'll be perfectly fine.
Sponsored