Sponsored

Anyone try and sound deaden the fire wall?

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im trying to reduce the amount of engine noise coming into the cabin on the 4 cylinder. It's kind of driving me batty, especially at idle.

I am thinking about sound deadening the fire wall on the engine side of the cabin - just sticking some dynamat there or something. Has anyone done this and has it helped?

I am also thinking about buying the ranger engine cover and the hood liner. I would imagine a combination of these 3 things should help pretty significantly, right?
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im used to all the noise, especially with my soft top

still, making some popcorn as I watch this

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im used to all the noise, especially with my soft top

still, making some popcorn as I watch this
Oddly the wind noise/noise from the soft top doesn't bother me as much or at all as the engine noise. I think the engine is extremely loud. I came from a turbo charged jeep cherokee 4 cylinder (I knew what I was getting into) and this car is significantly louder.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly the wind noise/noise from the soft top doesn't bother me as much or at all as the engine noise. I think the engine is extremely loud. I came from a turbo charged jeep cherokee 4 cylinder (I knew what I was getting into) and this car is significantly louder.
Gotcha. I came from a Ram prior, this is my loudest raw car whereas everything else was downpipes and full exhaust

hopefully there are solutions though, I hate to see you go mad over the noise

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is kinda loud. I can hear mine all through the house from the garage....wouldn't be so bad if it sounded better. At least the Mustang GT has a good rumble.

Sponsored

HulkBronc88

Big Bend
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im trying to reduce the amount of engine noise coming into the cabin on the 4 cylinder. It's kind of driving me batty, especially at idle.

I am thinking about sound deadening the fire wall on the engine side of the cabin - just sticking some dynamat there or something. Has anyone done this and has it helped?

I am also thinking about buying the ranger engine cover and the hood liner. I would imagine a combination of these 3 things should help pretty significantly, right?
I am interested in doing something like this as well. I get this really annoying humming noise at idle. I think it may be the radiator fans but its making the cabin resonate from how loud this humming is.

thebigbadyeti

Base
First Name
Jonbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Oldsmobile 442
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I’m in the minority here, but to me it’s all but impossible to tell there’s an engine there in the first place….

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried adding the sound deadener to the fire wall? I'm about to start a project where I do most of the rest of my 2 door (doors, entire floor including cargo floor, wheel wells)
Sponsored