Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Super super disappointed with this. My APIM went about over 2 months ago and the dealership put in an order at the start of June. 9 weeks later and still no news and only had my vehicle for a few months. Really soured my experience with Ford that they are still pushing out new vehicles but doing nothing to support the people who already took delivery. @Ford Motor Company how is this okay?
Exactly!! They clearly have the modules as they far surpassed sales expections in q2, but they have to keep pumping out new vehicles at the expense of us. They have the modules. They could hold back 1% of their production and fix the vehicles they’ve already made, but no, they made their sale and have said fuck you to all of us. Mine has been shat out since day two of ownership in March… I love the product, but ford has made damn sure this’ll be the only ford I own… it’s sure making jeep people look better now…
Sponsored

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Capitalism is interchangeable with greed, and can and should be regulated better. Maybe if Ford wasn’t “a person” we could move on from this BS.

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My APIM module is bad apparently. dealer said its on back order with no projected date.

This makes me want to give the vehicle away at this point. I essentially live in the vehicle and on the phone for work. At this point, not having handsfree speaker/phone is not an option for me.

To the people that say, suck it up and just drive it without radio/phone til its fixed...I didn't pay the money I did to spend hours daily in a vehicle with no radio and no hands free phone.

I'm so frustrated and no clue what to do now. Tried to ping to @Ford Motor Company on here but no response yet. This is making me want to go get another wrangler...
I feel your pain Brother. I've had an APIM "on order" some May and still no word.
After about 2 weeks I had a desperate idea, that has so far worked.
Thread about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broken-apim-black-screen-band-aid.53254/

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My APIM module is bad apparently. dealer said its on back order with no projected date.

This makes me want to give the vehicle away at this point. I essentially live in the vehicle and on the phone for work. At this point, not having handsfree speaker/phone is not an option for me.

To the people that say, suck it up and just drive it without radio/phone til its fixed...I didn't pay the money I did to spend hours daily in a vehicle with no radio and no hands free phone.

I'm so frustrated and no clue what to do now. Tried to ping to @Ford Motor Company on here but no response yet. This is making me want to go get another wrangler...
Here is an answer / work around, but not the answer you may want. you can find them on eBay for a decent price too.

Ford Bronco APIM Module on indefinite backorder 1662518261144

Ford Bronco APIM Module on indefinite backorder 1662518457291

Ford Bronco APIM Module on indefinite backorder 1662518481616

Ford Bronco APIM Module on indefinite backorder 1662518518992

This pairs with phones for communication and music, also provides great off-road navigation with on road nav as well. I use it daily for traffic updates on the map. It is an idea

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how people seem to think that Ford has the ability to over-ride these supply chain issues, but are just choosing not to.

This is a world wide problem, regardless of the industry involved.
Wrong take. This is a coorporate greed and allocation issue. The supply chain argument is a convenient scapegoat but the proper buisness model is to take care of your current loyal customers that have been waiting for years and got screwed before pumping out more rigs with those limited parts. Ford should have a supply to make their mistakes right and not flog their customers with this knd of crap when parts fail on their new flagship vehicle.

Take your fat cat apologetics elsewhere. Every day ford reminds me why I sold off all their stock I held for 20+ years.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wrong take. This is a coorporate greed and allocation issue. The supply chain argument is a convenient scapegoat but the proper buisness model is to take care of your current loyal customers that have been waiting for years and got screwed before pumping out more rigs with those limited parts. Ford should have a supply to make their mistakes right and not flog their customers with this knd of crap when parts fail on their new flagship vehicle.

Take your fat cat apologetics elsewhere. Every day ford reminds me why I sold off all their stock I held for 20+ years.
I agree with this. People also need to be aware that the APIM module is NOT on backorder - they are available. The problem is that Ford has not provided any software for the part. So far I'm waiting 3 weeks.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is an answer / work around, but not the answer you may want. you can find them on eBay for a decent price too.

This pairs with phones for communication and music, also provides great off-road navigation with on road nav as well. I use it daily for traffic updates on the map. It is an idea
So it does what your phone does, but can it turn your A/C on?

shardy100

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am quite sure this is the issue with my 2021 Black Diamond; I am bringing it to the dealer today but does anyone here have any recent info on the availability of the APIM module?

Tofferf

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am quite sure this is the issue with my 2021 Black Diamond; I am bringing it to the dealer today but does anyone here have any recent info on the availability of the APIM module?
I have a 2021 Black Diamond and have been waiting since early October for an APIM. Zero estimates on availability. I've been a turd about it, too. Weekly calls/texts to my dealer; bi-weekly calls to Ford parts, twitter rants, etc. VERY FRUSTRATING. I almost ran a lady over backing up because the soft top IMMEDIATELY gets too dirty to see through and the backup camera is only visible on the console.

Sponsored

Tofferf

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no, but thats why the HVAC cluster is below lol
The HVAC cluster doesn't have the ability to display the fan speed or successfully change the direction of the air without the APIM. I have to toggle between max AC or max defrost to get the air to come out of the face vents; pressing the button does nothing.

shardy100

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to the dealer yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when the young service manager(?) that overheard my conversation with the elderly service writer (that seemed not to give a shit) and jumped in with, "I think I can help - bring it in and let's disconnect the battery and see if it resets". I read that I should have tried this, but it's cold as F, so I took a pass. Fifteen minutes later, I was on my way, and all was working well. He couldn't have been more helpful, polite, and informative - not what I expected from this old dirty Ford dealership. There is hope!
Sponsored