First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I want a roof rack and I’m not totally sold on anything online that I’ve seen. I run Baja Racks on our DISCOVERY 3 and our DEFENDER 110 (1988 RHD Diesel). The rack on the D3 has a cargo ‘basket’ up front and is flat on the rear 2/3rds to accommodate a roof top tent. The rack on our DEFENDER is flat from front to rear. Both racks have a wind valance on the front.

There are some boxes I’d like to check, if I was to design a rack, but I want to design a rack for US, if you’re picking up what I’m putting down.

Here’s what I’d like to have:

• Mostly flat load surface
• Use of carbon composite. Both of our current racks are heavy and it’s definitely noticeable.
• Provisions for lights.
• MOLLE
• Easy to remove/install
• Some type of wind valance
• Quiet (yes this is a thing)
• Provision for limb riser mount points
• Very clean and understated

Add your wants/needs below. Feel free to add pictures. We’ll let this one run for a week or two when I’ll get a rack rendered up on our 2 and 4 door models and see what the community thinks.

Thanks!

Curtis

395FF913-122E-4F36-AD6E-F335F12006A9.jpeg

A219F722-B749-4F52-BD2A-683A0FFF0209.jpeg
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love a custom "for US" roof rack, but unfortunately I only have about 3"'s maybe 4 of clearance left to get in to my garage and I am sure that request will be impossible. Regardless, I can't wait to see what you come up with as always.

On another note, are you close on your bomb proof mount for the BYODR? That is really a rhetorical question, I know you are ;) .

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would love a custom "for US" roof rack, but unfortunately I only have about 3"'s maybe 4 of clearance left to get in to my garage and I am sure that request will be impossible. Regardless, I can't wait to see what you come up with as always.

On another note, are you close on your bomb proof mount for the BYODR? That is really a rhetorical question, I know you are ;) .
I did say very clean and understated with a flat load surface. I can make it as low as possible. Let’s see how that shakes out.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

make it work with soft top and make it work so I can still open/close at least the front part of the soft top (most likely only with nothing loaded up there, but that would be ok).
It would have to run outside of the roof perimeter on the sides and in back of course either sit on the bumper or mount to the body under the soft top.

Or make it so easy and simple to remove that it'll be just a couple min extra time when packing for a trip that requires stuff on top. I'm not a big fan of RTTs, I like to keep as much weight as low as possible, but for just an overlanding trip with no more extreme trails I might consider one eventually.

Actually, light and easy to remove would be a top selling point, I don't want anything on my rig that I don't need right now, if I'm not out exploring, I want no "rally" stuff on there at all, want to keep it modular and "add as needed" as possible. That's also why I'll most likely go with a hitch mounted winch and add a front hitch, don't want that heavy thing on there for daily driving.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand that the factory rack makes the removal of the MIC panels (particularly the 2nd row panel) a bit clunky.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, if anyone was gonna tackle this…

My thoughts: exo-frame with sliding/locking crossbars so that you can move them back to fold back front row or move up to access the cargo hatch as needed.

Perhaps the crossbars can be easily removed/replaced to fold the soft top all the way down too?

Sponsored

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I haven't seen it yet, you haven't given it a name yet, but.... Send it (x2 of course, my daughter loves me!).

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AR out here bodying other manufacturers with these accessories lol. Why no one else is doing this I have no idea, but be more than happy to give them more of my money.

Also, in addition to racks. If you make factory replacement rails, I'm all in. ZERO options exist right now if you didn't get factory rails. SMS racks were close, but nope, need factory rails.
Sponsored