Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As delivery of this gorgeous piece of engineering nears, I'm looking for ways to mount my iPhone. Would a cold shoe mount be an appropriate/safe way to attach to the rail? ( Apologies, I've never actually used a rail like this and I'm envisioning it working a bit like my tripods for photography, which is my only frame of reference.)
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As delivery of this gorgeous piece of engineering nears, I'm looking for ways to mount my iPhone. Would a cold shoe mount be an appropriate/safe way to attach to the rail? ( Apologies, I've never actually used a rail like this and I'm envisioning it working a bit like my tripods for photography, which is my only frame of reference.)
This is what I purchased to hold my phone from 67Designs. The Track Ball has a through hole for a bolt, so I will use a long bolt and washer/nut to mount the ball on the BAM rail in one of the slots. This should be very solid, but will have to test it when I receive all the components and mount it up.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 1638560288822

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I purchased to hold my phone from 67Designs. The Track Ball has a through hole for a bolt, so I will use a long bolt and washer/nut to mount the ball on the BAM rail in one of the slots. This should be very solid, but will have to test it when I receive all the components and mount it up.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 1638560288822
Are you intending to use the carbon arms to adjust how far into the cab the phone is? I was looking for a sort of gorilla pod-esque attachment that would be adjustable for that purpose. But this looks like it would work.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you intending to use the carbon arms to adjust how far into the cab the phone is? I was looking for a sort of gorilla pod-esque attachment that would be adjustable for that purpose. But this looks like it would work.
Yes, the carbon fiber arm will put the phone just inboard of the dash, at the top left of the infotainment screen. That is what my goal is right now, unless I don't like it there. But just holding the phone there, it doesn't block the 12" screen at all or restrict my field of view for driving.
I don't know if in that position how using the camera would work if I wanted to film a trail with my phone, but I would probably use something different for that anyway.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the carbon fiber arm will put the phone just inboard of the dash, at the top left of the infotainment screen. That is what my goal is right now, unless I don't like it there. But just holding the phone there, it doesn't block the 12" screen at all or restrict my field of view for driving.
I don't know if in that position how using the camera would work if I wanted to film a trail with my phone, but I would probably use something different for that anyway.
The phone holder is sold out but I really like this set up. Thank you!

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The phone holder is sold out but I really like this set up. Thank you!
I waited a while but got lucky last Friday and they had them in stock.

This is from their website.
Hand made in Dallas, Texas every single day - Our team puts up larger batch sizes each Sunday evening at 6PM CST.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As number 13 on the list this makes me happy. ETA 12/6-12/12 so timing should be perfect! Thanks for the update Curtis and keeping us informed, unlike the manufacturer of the vehicles for which this will be installed.
how did you know what number and ETA?

broncolvr

Badlands
First Name
Hobbes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AR | BAM BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail)

Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Pricing... Everyone wants to know what this sweet piece of kit will cost.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

-Smooth Rail Option-

There's also the smooth rail option. Same colors are available.
Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

send it

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

how did you know what number and ETA?
I'm number 13 on the list on page 1 of the thread. The ETA is in reference to my FE delivery.

AK Stable

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 2002 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

send it

Sponsored

JCDove22

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AR | BAM BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail)

-Smooth Rail Option-

Send it

JCDove22

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More images to come, tomorrow. The entire design is completed. Both Picatinny and smooth rail versions. I’ll work on pricing tomorrow too. The goal is to have the rails on rigs by Nov 1st. Keep an eye out for them at SEMA.
What’s the biggest difference between picatinny and smooth mounts. Or Advantages vs disadvantages of one over the other?

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

** It's crunch time and I know the original delivery date has slipped. There is a lot that's out of my control and machining and anodizing definitely doesn't move at my pace. For the delay in getting your rails to you when I initially said, I sincerely apologize. I promise you the added wait is worth it. It's been a theme of the last year and a half, but I thank you all for your patience.**

It's 12/3/21. Boxes are prepped, tracking numbers will be going out today and tomorrow for the early birds that SENT IT way in the beginning.
Any emails out yet? Feel like I should be early enough to be on initial shipment. I'm getting flashbacks like when I was waiting for my build emails. At least tracking should be easier than rail tracking!