Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Car Play actually sucks quite bad in the Bronco using Sync4. The integration into Sync4 for Teams, Zoom and regular phone calls often have a 70% failure rate where you cannot control the muting, hearing the meeting through the speakers or significant background noise (my biggest pet peeve) even when not driving.

The rail system for me will provide a mount point for a GMRS base station, tablet running OnXOff-road (since Ford can't seem to get their act together on their performance app) and (2) phone mounts - driver and passenger. All of which will be powered by the LUX package outlet using a USB hub which will be under-mounted on this rail system.

I personally am QUITE excited to receive my rail. Hoping it comes in the next few weeks.

onX is here on apple carplay got it this weekend!
Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the biggest difference between picatinny and smooth mounts. Or Advantages vs disadvantages of one over the other?
Post #858

There isn't a Picatinny or M-Lok choice.
Both rails are Picatinny.

M-Lok is a proprietary thin "rectangular" cut that belongs to Magpul that doesn’t use a cross cut
Unless Eightlug did some fancy machining on the underside of these rails they will not take M-Lok accessories.

These choices are the "mil spec" version with all the cross cuts and the other choice is long gaps between the cuts. The long gap version would limit where you could put something ONLY IF you were using a "mil spec" mount that indexes in the slot.

So, unless you are utilizing a mount that indexes in the slot, they will both operate and look the same.

Mg

52939200-4f33-4234-8ec2-00e8f5138e11-jpeg.jpg

49e752c8-46fa-487f-8481-f164dc68a18b-jpeg.jpg

Las

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any local pick-up option? Sill happy to ride the SLUT and bar-hop my way down into SODO to look at cool Bronco parts before ordering chili and blacking out at Slims Last Chance.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 49e752c8-46fa-487f-8481-f164dc68a18b-jpe

Fancy dude here with his fancy Bronco in his fancy driveway complaining about delivery dates..... :ROFLMAO:
About to receive my Bronco this week in Seattle and would happily come pick up my rail too!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any update....
Michael,

Apologies for the late response. We ran into a few unexpected delays, but we finally got tracking from the anodizer on the first batch, delivery this Friday the 10th, and then we will be wrapping them up and sending them out by Monday. We are still hopeful to have everyone in the pre-order out by Christmas, or sooner, depending on where you were in the queue.

Curtis

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Michael,

Apologies for the late response. We ran into a few unexpected delays, but we finally got tracking from the anodizer on the first batch, delivery this Friday the 10th, and then we will be wrapping them up and sending them out by Monday. We are still hopeful to have everyone in the pre-order out by Christmas, or sooner, depending on where you were in the que.

Curtis
Thanks for the update! Can't wait!!

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Michael,

Apologies for the late response. We ran into a few unexpected delays, but we finally got tracking from the anodizer on the first batch, delivery this Friday the 10th, and then we will be wrapping them up and sending them out by Monday. We are still hopeful to have everyone in the pre-order out by Christmas, or sooner, depending on where you were in the que.

Curtis
How many in that first batch? I'm trying to see if I make the first batch based on where I am on the list. :)

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Michael,

Curtis
thanks Curtis!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can't wait to get mine
The first shipment of full production machined and anodized rails are very close now! We’ll be packing and shipping as soon as we get our hands on them! We appreciate all of you for your patience.

997B7114-5A34-44BB-B481-6A4FC81497F9.jpeg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)