First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always have my arm out. It funnel wind up my pits to cool my core. However I am a ginger in the tropics so after about noon I realize how crispy my arm is and hide it the rest of the day. Cant even be in sun with the window up. The beltline does look high on it. Maybe somebody can pull up the pic of that "Andre the ford employee" guy sitting in it and get a judge off of him?

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took you eight years of driving a Camaro to see out of it? ?

Visibility (front and back) is way better on the Mustang. This was a big factor on me purchasing in the first place. I can even (sort of) rest my arm on the window sill when the windows are down.
:ROFLMAO: took me 2 days in the camaro to learn that.

but I really don't notice any difference in visibility driving my camaro or my other cars.

looking out of the rearview mirror is no different either.

the only difference i have is turning my body when reversing. in the camaro i actually use the mirrors and rear view camera.

Hoosier_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2011 Yamaha Raider, 2018 KTM 1290
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer windows down and arm out even in winter. I just crank up the heat if it is too cold. My current F-150 window height is perfect, the Bronco seems a little higher but I will have to sit in one to find out. I'm 6'3" so finding a vehicle where my head doesn't touch the ceiling and I can see out the mirrors and windows can be tough. That is why I stick to trucks and SUVs.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really dont understand why you keep calling it dark or a bunker. it get as much sunlight as any other coupe lol

you have a volt. thats tiny
you have a 911 so you're used to a coupe
The windows in a Camaro are very small, therefore they let in less light. It’s true with most modern cars. Goggle car pictures from the 70’s and 80’s and note how much larger their windows are.

It has nothing to do with the size of the car. For a more modern example look at a first generation Honda Fit - see all that glass? Look at a 2nd gen - see that glass area get smaller (but still larger than most cars today)? I like Honda Fits cause they are fun to drive and they have large greenhouses. For SUV’s look at an LR3 compared to a Bronco.

By the way I like the Volt, but the side windows are too small/too high and the car is too dark. The greenhouse is too small on that car. I prioritize features differently on different cars I buy. If I’m buying a top down fun car I want my arm on the window sill.

Compare this coupe to a modern Camaro.
Ford Bronco Arm Out the Window - How Does it Score? 1596087778726

Last edited:

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a legit concern for me as well and the first thing I'll do when I sit in one. It's not just about the arm, but if the arm does good, your line of sight should be good also

Emerich

Base
First Name
Emerich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Base
No snark. This may be the most interesting thing I've read here yet. Here's a guy who's chief concern when buying a new vehicle is whether or not he can comfortably rest his arm on the open window sill. Toystwo, would you cancel the purchase of your Bronco should it be a bad fit? Is the determination immediate, like when trying out a couch? You sit in it, roll down the window, stick your left arm out, and say nuh-uh, not gonna work? I do the same with wonky shopping carts. I remember my 911 (997.2) having kinda high window sills, does yours fit you well? What year is it?

Absolutely fascinating

Nate
It is absolutely a deal breaker for me if you cannot hang your arm out. You get in, sit down, test the arm and if the sill is too high you get out, thank the sales guy and go home.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did anyone catch the video of the first sighted Arm out the window? I did

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where at?
I tried looking, it's in one of the popular Rubicon videos I forgot which one. The guy is coming from the right, so it shows his left arm up on the window, looking pretty dang comfortable right before he pulls it back inside to do the obstacle

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m short so my arm should rest comfortably out of the low window opening seen on the cyber orange reveal vehicle.
You and me both!!! At a whopping 4’11” I’ll barely be able to see over the dash!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would guess this would kinda depend on how tall you are and how long your arms are, right?
Sponsored