SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would have to rate 80’s and 90’s Chevys being a 8 on a 1-5 scale is the jeep is a 5, jeep is nowhere the best. You get a left arm tan in those with the windows up!
Can confirm. The university gave me a 94 C2500 for field work. The old girl doesn't like to run the ac when driving slow offroad in the AZ heat so my windows are always down and arm out. I imagine anyone who actually sees me thinks I'm bats**** crazy...
Sponsored

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would have to rate 80’s and 90’s Chevys being a 8 on a 1-5 scale is the jeep is a 5, jeep is nowhere the best.
I actually don’t have first hand experience in a modern Jeep but have been told the 1/2 doors are wonderful - thus I snuck the ? in.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That picture actually looks concerning to me. That seems very high. It’s not comfortable if your arm is jacked up near your shoulder. That said, I‘m not exactly sure where my arm is in relation to my body in vehicles that have what I consider low/comfortable sills. I’ll need to check that out.
Assuming you know where to get them a couple telephone books on top of your seat will get that arm angle perfect!

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can’t believe this is a serious thing.

you would hate Camaros

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
you would hate Camaros
I can tell by looking at a new Camaro I’d never want to own one so I’ve never even sit inside one. Give me natural light and site lines where I can see what is going on around me.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You fellas know the main reason that car seats can be adjusted up and down right?
Yup, so you can find a comfortable elbow resting height.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can tell by looking at a new Camaro I’d never want to own one so I’ve never even sit inside one. Give me natural light and site lines where I can see what is going on around me.

there is absolutely no line of site problems on the camaro when you adjust your mirrors correctly. took me 8 years of driving before i figured it out. You should not see your own car in your side mirrors.

Th rear window is useless but it is on the mustang too so thats negligible

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You fellas know the main reason that car seats can be adjusted up and down right?
Yup, so you can find a comfortable elbow resting height.
Well if I adjust the seat too high I'm gonna be driving my Bronco like this...
Ford Bronco Arm Out the Window - How Does it Score? 8ef506938a584ebfbcccede855c4f4d6

So yeah.... ?‍♂ lol

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there is absolutely no line of site problems on the camaro when you adjust your mirrors correctly. took me 8 years of driving before i figured it out. You should not see your own car in your side mirrors.

Th rear window is useless but it is on the mustang too so thats negligible
Took you eight years of driving a Camaro to see out of it? ?

Visibility (front and back) is way better on the Mustang. This was a big factor on me purchasing in the first place. I can even (sort of) rest my arm on the window sill when the windows are down.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No snark. This may be the most interesting thing I've read here yet.
Now I’m just as interested in the opposite direction. I thought this would be something highly valued by many given the type of vehicle.

I‘d say the majority of the comments have been along the lines of “hey see that two headed guy over there? Can you believe he cares about arm resting height on a Bronco?”

Last edited:
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve known how to adjust mirrors correctly since 1984 when I was a wee lad and I sent a request to NHTSA. They sent me a very nice color postcard on how to properly adjust mirrors. True story.

I don’t like dark bunker vehicles and can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would (other than they look cool from the outside). Unfortunately that is where design (and to a lesser extent safety) has taken the modern vehicle.

Look at a Pacer! Marvel at all the glass area and sunlight! Oh, some things were truly better in the old days.

Last edited:
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread confuses me.
It probably that damned Bronco Window Sill rating system I developed (1 to 5 Broncos). I knew I should have test marketed it before the roll out.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve known how to adjust mirrors correctly since 1984 when I was a wee lad and I sent a request to NHTSA. They sent me a very nice color postcard on how to properly adjust mirrors. True story.

I don’t like dark bunker vehicles and can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would (other than they look cool from the outside). Unfortunately that is where design (and to a lesser extent safety) has taken the modern vehicle.

Look at a Pacer! Marvel at all the glass area and sunlight! Oh, some things were truly better in the old days.
I really dont understand why you keep calling it dark or a bunker. it get as much sunlight as any other coupe lol

you have a volt. thats tiny
you have a 911 so you're used to a coupe

there seems to be other issues at play here that aren't about our conversation.

So I wish you the best of luck and I really hope you can look cool with your arm out of the window.
Sponsored