Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is hugely important to me and is my only area of concern with the Bronco.

Are you a midget? Come on. You're just trolling us here.
Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That picture actually looks concerning to me. That seems very high. Itā€™s not comfortable if your arm is jacked up near your shoulder. That said, Iā€˜m not exactly sure where my arm is in relation to my body in vehicles that have what I consider low/comfortable sills. Iā€™ll need to check that out.
Could be a short person (or short torso) and/or the seat height is set low. Unfortunately it really needs to be seen in person to see how it fits. It may be too high for average height people but it seems a lot of vehicles are like that these days.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there is absolutely no line of site problems on the camaro when you adjust your mirrors correctly. took me 8 years of driving before i figured it out. You should not see your own car in your side mirrors.
THIS ?

A car should appear in your rear view first, the some overlap to the side view, the some overlap between side view mirror and peripheral/normal vision LOS.

The Challenger (after 20+ some years of driving) taught me this setup quite quickly.

JK

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like having my arm hanging out; however, I learned a valuable lesson one day wheeling outside of Tucson. I was climbing a wet waterfall and was about to roll and stuck my arm out to brace the fall; yeah that was dumb. Luckily for me a protruding rock stopped my roll and the rear driver's side quarter panel took the brunt. If it was not for that rock it would have snapped my arm like a wishbone. Moral of the story, when on the rocks keep your arms and head out of the window. Cheers

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is along the same line of thought I have about the bronco; overall ergonomics. I like the ergonomics In my ford pick ups and disliked the ergonomics of my ā€˜14 escape. I like to be able to comfortably rest my elbow on the door rest or center rest and grab the bottom of the wheel with out straining. I felt like it was a stretch in my escape, but my 250 is perfect. The arm out the window comfortably is just as important.
Believe it or not, I would pass on the bronco I reserved if I wasnā€™t comfortable.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is along the same line of thought I have about the bronco; overall ergonomics. I like the ergonomics In my ford pick ups and disliked the ergonomics of my ā€˜14 escape. I like to be able to comfortably rest my elbow on the door rest or center rest and grab the bottom of the wheel with out straining. I felt like it was a stretch in my escape, but my 250 is perfect. The arm out the window comfortably is just as important.
Believe it or not, I would pass on the bronco I reserved if I wasnā€™t comfortable.
Really interesting, who would think you couldnā€™t do that in a small Escape but can in a F-250.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ditto for my '13 Explorer, can't rest my arm on the window ledge, armrest or console while holding the bottom of the wheel. Who thought these things up? F250, Mustang, Wrangler and Motorhome all good!

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really interesting, who would think you couldnā€™t do that in a small Escape but can in a F-250.
Itā€™s all about placement and elevation of these surfaces in relation to the steering wheel. It just works in the 250. I feel they tried to lower and make smaller these surface in the smaller vehicle to give it more ā€œroomā€

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I canā€™t believe this is a serious thing.

you would hate Camaros
I still get a nice left arm tan in my 5th Gen??ā€ā™‚. But I also don't have a problem with all the supposed "blind spots" either so I may be crazy.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still get a nice left arm tan in my 5th Gen??ā€ā™‚. But I also don't have a problem with all the supposed "blind spots" either so I may be crazy.
The thread doesnā€™t have anything to do with blind spots. You can adjust mirrors on any vehicle so that you can safely change lanes (although limted visibility can cause other issues in tight parking/maneuvering situations).

It is about being able to roll your window down and put your arm on the sill comfortably.

Vehicles that allow that also tend to have larger greenhouses which let more light into the interior and give interiors a larger airy feel.

I think today most people like the small windowed aggressive ā€œchoppedā€ exterior look of cars. I do not think most people like the dark little caves those exteriors create, and some, as evidenced by this thread, donā€™t even realize that one produces the other.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thread doesnā€™t have anything to do with blind spots. You can adjust mirrors on any vehicle so that you can safely change lanes (although limted visibility can cause other issues in tight parking/maneuvering situations).

It is about being able to roll your window down and put your arm on the sill comfortably.

Vehicles that allow that also tend to have larger greenhouses which let more light into the interior and give interiors a larger airy feel.

I think today most people like the small windowed aggressive ā€œchoppedā€ exterior look of cars. I do not think most people like the dark little caves those exteriors create, and some, as evidenced by this thread, donā€™t even realize that one produces the other.
Easy tiger. I was commiserating with the guy that made the Camaro comment. Yeah, I'm aware every time I go thru the drive thru how damn high the belt line is and how small it makes the side windows. It's a little high to lay your arm up on but not unbearable. Also, 5th Gens are constantly harped on for their supposedly bad outward vision and blind spots. I've known for a very long time how to properly adjust mine so it's been a non-issue to me since about 15 minutes after buying my car. It's like Mustangs constantly taking shit for crashing into crowds. A hard time about certain things is just part of ownership. So have a Snickers and calm down.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base